Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can I sleep at night if stayed in bed too late?

• 04-04-2013 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

This may sound a stupid question but I made the stupid mistake of not getting out of bed when my alarm went off, So I did not wake until 4:30pm how can I make it so I can sleep tonight and fix my pattern?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

DavidMelv wrote: »
    This may sound a stupid question but I made the stupid mistake of not getting out of bed when my alarm went off, So I did not wake until 4:30pm how can I make it so I can sleep tonight and fix my pattern?

Go for an hour-long run at about 7pm, then head to bed at 11pm or whatever's normal.

And try not to sleep in tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You slept in till 4:30pm??

Easiest way in my experience is to power through. Stay up all night tonight and go to bed at a reasonable hour tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭DavidMelv

seamus wrote: »
    You slept in till 4:30pm??

Easiest way in my experience is to power through. Stay up all night tonight and go to bed at a reasonable hour tomorrow night.
    I did that before really do not want to do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TechShy

[/QUOTE] I take ZMA supplements before I go asleep, helps me get a deeper sleep on nights where Im struggling to get asleep before 1 when up for work at 7.30 the next day[/QUOTE]

Hi, What are ZMA supplements and where can I buy them, also how much do they cost?

Great tips by the way, thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 short_of_cash

david you are a lucky bastard.....sleeping until after 9am is a dream for me

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Stay up as long as possible the next day, go for a two hour nap and have someone wake you up, by 8 you will be wanting to go to bed, then you will get up very early the next day and you'll have a nice pattern :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Everything N anything

Cut off your eyelids

• Registered Users Posts: 29 correa cristobal

You gotta waste all the energy you have, so I'd say the running comment was the best. And after running maybe have a huge meal so that your stomach gets to work like crazy and needs as much blood around, and then you should sleep like a baby (just don't go to bed too shortly after eating as that's a bad idea).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

You gotta waste all the energy you have, so I'd say the running comment was the best. And after running maybe have a huge meal so that your stomach gets to work like crazy and needs as much blood around, and then you should sleep like a baby (just don't go to bed too shortly after eating as that's a bad idea).

Hopefully he didn't stay awake all year...why are people picking up old old threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 correa cristobal

Hopefully he didn't stay awake all year...why are people picking up old old threads

Ha! I just saw the last reply and it was "Today", didn't care to check the original thread's date. My bad

Advertisement