Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Options
  • 04-04-2013 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Due to popular demand (3 people suggested it to me) I am starting a thread to promote my Soccer Manager Game World: THE GOOD LEAGUE.

It's a great league and I'm always trying to get managers to join.

You can find it by adding me on Soccer Manager. You can search for me using the Find Friends button and entering my email address bazarakus@hotmail.com

Loads of clubs available in all four divisions. Currently in Season 12. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbump!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Are we allowed make bids on players from unmanaged clubs? Thanks for the job offer btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Great to see some new managers - Celta Vigo already very active in the transfer market. 12 seasons in and admittedly with Messi, Van Persie and Ronaldo, I'm in a pretty good place with the team at the minute. However, we had a guy take over Dundalk last year who were bottom of Division 4 and now is on the brink of the top division. Decent young team too. So everything is possible. Drogheda United (currently bottom of Division 4) might be a nice challenge ... we had a manager who has left a few decent young players (James Mc Clean, Poli and the legend that is Bebe) in the team.

Milan, the current champions, were in a mess a couple of seasons ago, and that manager has turned things around (although not going so well this season). We have Sunderland, Everton, Reggina and Freiburg fanatics who are very committed to their teams .. so there is a good mix of teams and managers.

Atheltico Madrid and Hamburg are currently available in the top division - Hamburg going well .. Athetlico would be a challenge to keep them in the top division

Are we allowed make bids on players from unmanaged clubs? Thanks for the job offer btw.

Welcome! Yes you can always bid from Unmanaged as long as squad won't go below 21

• Registered Users Posts: 1 THE DON FLONDO

viva la inter

• Advertisement

Been with St Pats since 2008 and took me 5 years to get a winning streak to 6 games only to get beaten by unmanaged Hamburg in my last game. Fooking hell. Second time they have taken full points .... oh to have those extra 6 points at this stage of the season ....

I can see things swinging back towards inter and Barca after tomorrow's round of games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I applied for Hamburg there

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I applied for Hamburg there

Go easy on Pats next season, will ye?:)

We still need loads more managers for the league lads. Spread the word! All are welcome

Beat Juve 1-0 :cool:

• Advertisement

Beat Juve 1-0 :cool:

Great result against a very experienced manager. Keeping Hamburg's great season going! :)

Good night for Barcelona. Can't believe we are still top after two straight defeats. What to do now. I reckon the 70 points rule still applies for this division .. need about 5 wins and a couple of draws to be sure .. but if any team in the top 6 were to go on a bit of a run ... exciting finish once again ..

Celtic 0-2 Hamburg, not too shabby :P

Celtic 0-2 Hamburg, not too shabby :P

Good result. Tigh at the top, tight at the bottom, european places still to play for

Just to note to anyone contemplating taking up a team, still a lot of decent starter teams available. Leeds Utd have a bank of 100 million and Krul, Osman, Ambrosini. Notts Forrest have P.MICHU M.CHAMAKH B.FOSTER and also a 100 million bank, while Sevilla have 140 million in the bank.

There are also a number of decent players at external clubs with transfer bans about to expire in May .. eg.

ROSSI, Giuseppe
    ŞAHIN, Nuri
    ASAMOAH, Kwadwo
    CAPOUE, Étienne
    PJANIĆ, Miralem
    RÉMY, Loïc
    BA, Demba

... so you could very quickly build a decent team

viva la inter

What has happened don Flondo?? 5 straight defeats is rotten luck. Still not out of it though .. I think you'll go on a run again .. still 27 points to play for

Celta Vigo building a very nice squad already ... hope they make the playoffs .. would be great to Celta Vigo back in Division 1 again.

Celta Vigo building a very nice squad already ... hope they make the playoffs .. would be great to Celta Vigo back in Division 1 again.

The rebirth of Celta is truly a sight to behold. Never thought I'd see the day. City are also making a fist of it. Looks like Marseilles and Fundalk will take the automatic promotion places. Will Genk ever go up?? Jochen's head must be wrecked with it at this stage

bazarakus wrote: »
    The rebirth of Celta is truly a sight to behold. Never thought I'd see the day. City are also making a fist of it. Looks like Marseilles and Fundalk will take the automatic promotion places. Will Genk ever go up?? Jochen's head must be wrecked with it at this stage

Would be 2008 all over again with Dundalk and Celta in the top flight.

Yeah it appears I joined at a bad time, no clue about transfer tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

When I took over Man City they where in 18th.

Since then I've won 4 drew 1 lost 0. We are now in 14th
    And I've about 250Million to spend :D

blobby360 wrote: »
    When I took over Man City they where in 18th.

Since then I've won 4 drew 1 lost 0. We are now in 14th
    And I've about 250Million to spend :D

Just like in real life then :) (the money part anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Have climbed from around mid table to third place in 4 matches with Udinese. Hoping I can get 2nd place now, have signed a few decent players too.

If anyone needs any loan players have a look at my squad

A lot of the other managers are open to loans, but I would email them to ask them first

Hamburg 1-0 Ath Madrid

On we march!!

Valencia seem to have done well from the ex-Arse sale...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

bazarakus wrote: »
    Valencia seem to have done well from the ex-Arse sale...

Hoping I don't go the way of QPR though. Throwing insane amounts of money about and getting relegated..

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Highest Transfer Fee Paid 52.8M - Yann M'VILA from Anzhi
    Highest Transfer Fee Received 50.3M - Robert LEWANDOWSKI to Liverpool

Something seems wrong about this....

Highest Transfer Fee Paid 52.8M - Yann M'VILA from Anzhi
    Highest Transfer Fee Received 50.3M - Robert LEWANDOWSKI to Liverpool

Something seems wrong about this....

Yep .. but I recall that was the max bid for LEWANDOWSKI. game is a bit stupid sometimes .. but glad to see Valencia cleaning up as they were cleaned out a few months ago .. including losing Lewandowski. 500 million in and 260 million out .. still some money there to clean up though :)

• Advertisement

What's the deal with people putting players on the transfer list for a minimum price and then cancelling the deal and keeping them on the transfer list? It smacks of dodgy deals going around. My squad is tiny and I need players badly, I'm in good form, I may quit this league if stuff like that keeps up.

Advertisement