Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

tonic wine wrote: »
    Who's the manager of Real Madrid? I've sent him loads of messages, bid on players, but i just get ignored. :confused:

He used to be active but he's not so active at the minute and is not logging on so often. Would not take it personally. This is the reason that so many of his players have concerns now - he hasn't been updating his team. baz might have more info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

What Ricky said.

I need a manager for Ajax if anyone knows anyone interested!

Need to save them from being fleeced. Decent squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

:mad: What's the deal with player conditions after a match? My team played on Thursday and on Friday all their conditions were 100% or close to it. Then on Saturday and today some of their conditions dropped to low 90's. Regular players had to be rested as I didn't think they would last the match. I had to pick players that I don't usually pick. This is the second time this has happened, and just before I play a team from the top. WTF?!! We lost 1-3 at home. :(
    I know I have only a mid-table team in division 4 but this kind of crap saps the will. Patrick Thistle are up next. They will feel my wrath!!

Blondie919 wrote: »
    :mad: What's the deal with player conditions after a match? My team played on Thursday and on Friday all their conditions were 100% or close to it. Then on Saturday and today some of their conditions dropped to low 90's. Regular players had to be rested as I didn't think they would last the match. I had to pick players that I don't usually pick. This is the second time this has happened, and just before I play a team from the top. WTF?!! We lost 1-3 at home. :(
    I know I have only a mid-table team in division 4 but this kind of crap saps the will. Patrick Thistle are up next. They will feel my wrath!!

Strange - I would still play players if they are low 90s though. Too much chopping and changing seems to have a detrimental effect on the team. Also keep an eye out on player morale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Division 4 is heating up in the run in. 2 teams at the top could be knocked off if the results don't go their way and the 4 playoff teams are very competitive.

What's the end of season cash like?

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Division 4 is heating up in the run in. 2 teams at the top could be knocked off if the results don't go their way and the 4 playoff teams are very competitive.

If you are in debt, you should get an injection ... and i think prize money is at the very most 5 million. Only way to generate cash in this league is to buy risers .. not as easy to find as it used to be.. but check the SM Forum. Buy for 10-50k sell for 2 million (unless they are prospects). Do this a few times and suddenly you have a decent bank. With 90 rated player concerns kicking in now too - you might have a semi decent team in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

If you are in debt, you should get an injection ... and i think prize money is at the very most 5 million. Only way to generate cash in this league is to buy risers .. not as easy to find as it used to be.. but check the SM Forum. Buy for 10-50k sell for 2 million (unless they are prospects). Do this a few times and suddenly you have a decent bank. With 90 rated player concerns kicking in now too - you might have a semi decent team in no time.

The concerns putting players on the transfer list sure makes things more interesting! I picked up 1 or 2 in that league as a result of it, its handy enough

Cheers. Not in debt but it's going that way. Most of my team is improving with the updates, it's the wages that are killing me.

Do you get higher gate receipts with a jump in division or is that wishful thinking?

Cheers. Not in debt but it's going that way. Most of my team is improving with the updates, it's the wages that are killing me.

Do you get higher gate receipts with a jump in division or is that wishful thinking?

Have you a team in Div 4?

You do get higher gate receipts when you go up divisions. I remember seeing a table with seat prices a few years ago ... it was something like a tenner per seat difference per division - have a look on the forum.

Regarding the buying and selling - I bought Eden Hazard for 400k and sold him for 4million - felt very happy about that deal at the time :o

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info folks.

Blondie, yeah I'm in division 4.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Glad to hear about ticket prices.

Running at a loss of about 150k a game :(

Are you in charge of Drogheda? The way things are going only 1 player controlled team will get promoted through playoffs. I'm losing 275k a week, got a bit of a Pat Fenlon about me. pacman.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I changed my team from an average of 84 when I got them to average 88 with a few 89s and a 90 and I lose about 150k per game and am
    -300k at the moment. If I don't get promoted imma be in trouble :o

Are you in charge of Drogheda? The way things are going only 1 player controlled team will get promoted through playoffs. I'm losing 275k a week, got a bit of a Pat Fenlon about me. pacman.gif

Yeah, thats me. Going to be a cracking set of playoffs :P Trying to strengthen my squad now for them...

Thanks for the info folks.

Blondie, yeah I'm in division 4.

You wanna tell me what team you have?

Derry City.

Derry City.

Oh right. The team I last played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think i've won Div3 :)

Crap!

Think.im relegated next week......

• Advertisement

Not sure what cash you get

Props to Lyon and City for promotion.

If I'm right, the top 6 in Div 4 is as follows...

CSKA - 78 (Promoted)
    Osasuna - 72
    Coventry - 71
    Drogheda - 70
    Shelbourne - 70
    Derry - 69

So with one game to go, five teams could still get the automatic qualification :P Awesome.
    (Edit: Though Derry would need to win by 15 more goals and Osasuna would have to lose for Derry to get it. Still....)

Crap!

Think.im relegated next week......

Its all or nothing next match! If I win I'll stay up, or Celta Vigo could do me a favour :D

Its all or nothing next match! If I win I'll stay up, or Celta Vigo could do me a favour :D

If you do get relegated I'll reinvite you to manage the team immediately. I just had to intro the sacking rule for last season. It will be going next season.

bazarakus wrote: »
    If you do get relegated I'll reinvite you to manage the team immediately. I just had to intro the sacking rule for last season. It will be going next season.

Id say ill just about scrape it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

I'll do my best, full team will be out! Can jump to 6th if results go my way!!
    Not bad after being promoted! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Automatic promotion, come on Shels!!! :)

gerp99 wrote: »
    I'll do my best, full team will be out! Can jump to 6th if results go my way!!
    Not bad after being promoted! :D

Ah dang.......

Division 2 here I come!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm due for the sack. Finished 18th and beat the champions tonight but too little too late. Could I be invited back once they pull the trigger.

• Advertisement

I'm due for the sack. Finished 18th and beat the champions tonight but too little too late. Could I be invited back once they pull the trigger.

Got the dreaded vote of confidence myself! Ha ha!!!!!!!!!

I'd do a crack at division 2 if there is an invite back

Advertisement