Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭circadian

Top of division 4 is close, congrats to Shels for their last day heroics of automatic promotion (you owe me one for dealing with Osasuna!)

1 CSKA Moskva (C) 38 24 78
    2 Shelbourne FC (P) 38 37 73
    3 Osasuna 38 33 72
    4 Coventry City 38 30 72
    5 DERRY CITY 38 25 72
    6 Drogheda United 38 36 71

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Thank you :)

Got a stingy €1m in prize money, I'll get kicked around in Div 3. That 1m just paid of my debt and got me back in the black. Gonna be a long season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Thank you :)

Got a stingy €1m in prize money, I'll get kicked around in Div 3. That 1m just paid of my debt and got me back in the black. Gonna be a long season

Man City win div 3...and their manager resigns...strange lines that

Reckon he's been tapped up by some other league!

Loads of good clubs sans manager at present...if anyone knows anyone up for joining THE GOOD LEAGUE...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

oh, bazarakus are you interested in joining the new boards league.....? (i know your already in the boards.ie one as Galatasaray)

swoody wrote: »
    oh, bazarakus are you interested in joining the new boards league.....? (i know your already in the boards.ie one as Galatasaray)

I would be up for it, have the teams been divvied up yet??

• Advertisement

Got the dreaded vote of confidence myself! Ha ha!!!!!!!!!

I'd do a crack at division 2 if there is an invite back

Who do you fancy managing in Division2 buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

bazarakus wrote: »
    Who do you fancy managing in Division2 buddy?

Im back at Valencia, unfinished business!!!!!

Im back at Valencia, unfinished business!!!!!

Aha. Tis yourself. I do get mixed up with all the usernames codenames and aliases!

Aha. Tis yourself. I do get mixed up with all the usernames codenames and aliases!

Have you heard of Sunderbear??? He alone would send you over the edge with all the usernames in the boards world!!!

Have you heard of Sunderbear??? He alone would send you over the edge with all the usernames in the boards world!!!

I am not familiar with his work...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Won my semifinal play off.

One more match for promotion...

I am not familiar with his work...

Lucky you!!!!

You should join up the boards league if your not already signed up!

Lucky you!!!!

You should join up the boards league if your not already signed up!

Aye I@m in the boards.ie league this ages. The league where nobody sells me any players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Aye I@m in the boards.ie league this ages. The league where nobody sells me any players.

To be honest, at least players are active and reject your bids.
    It's worse putting in bids and getting no reply IMO.

tonic wine wrote: »
    To be honest, at least players are active and reject your bids.
    It's worse putting in bids and getting no reply IMO.

I'd rather have the chance to buy someone anyone rated 90 or above ever than have loads of polite rejections to be honest :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm going too start a world soon and it'll be only English championship teams or lower in it and no one will be able too pick anything, itll be a lottery what teams people get aswell as starting divisons. Ill use a random number generater too assaign teams divisons etc... Itll be the opposite of the boards world!
    I'm going too call it The Boards.ie Local League as in my opinion too generate revenue and Win things on a regular basis you will have too be a master wheeler dealer. The likes of Reus Ronaldo Bale Isco Neymar Messi Rooney RVP OźIl and basically every player who plays for a top 30 ranked country will be available BUT itll be upto managers too buy/sell senseably too be able too "afford" star players too assemble a team too climb the divisions and win leagues & cups! Interest will be huge in this world I belive as there will be no shortage of players for every team so part exchange deals and things will be important. I welcome all suggestions from all players if any one has any ideas or suggestions drop me a pm and I'll be setting this up in a few weeks after PPPP launchs his world. Please keep in mind free managers can only manage 2 teams on soccermanager unless you buy gold membership. So for now back on topic I just wanted people too know and ill start a thread in due course.

Drogheda vs Derry for the final promotion spot from Div 4.

Everyone is wrecked though on my team so not overly hopeful :(

Promotion!

Can't believe I beat Drogheda, that formation had me bricking it.

My team was wrecked too, the subs made the difference.

phew!

Congratulations to all the promoted teams.

Hurts to fall at the final hurdle like that :(

Congrats Derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

as a reward you get to join the boards.ie league.......well done!

Spare a thought for Genk. Lost out in Div2 play-offs...again!

Hurts to fall at the final hurdle like that :(

Congrats Derry.

Thanks, really thought your team was gonna do it. That 4-2-3-1 had me worried.

Good luck next season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

When does the new season start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Vito Corleone has guided Udinese Calcio to a Play-Off Final win against Fenerbahçe SK!! Udinese Calcio beat Fenerbahçe SK 3 - 0 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle, with the match ending 0 - 0.

After losing in the play off final last year on penalties we finally get promotion. :cool: :D

Congrats!

So on the subject of promotion, can you expect better gate receipts/tv money in higher divisions? I'm short on cash and selling a lot but I don't want to alter the team too much.

Worried about paying wages (massive shortfall last season)

circadian wrote: »
    Congrats!

So on the subject of promotion, can you expect better gate receipts/tv money in higher divisions? I'm short on cash and selling a lot but I don't want to alter the team too much.

Worried about paying wages (massive shortfall last season)

I don't know. The game used to build in stadium size increases but I don't know. The chairmen used to invest a few million at the start of the season. Not sure if they do anymore.

Well done to Udinese. You are going into a very tough division. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

any chance I can take swindon in D4?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    any chance I can take swindon in D4?

Defo. I'm out. Locked. Add me and I'll invite you tomorrow. Bazarakus@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Defo. I'm out. Locked. Add me and I'll invite you tomorrow. Bazarakus@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Oh enjoy! :D

Advertisement