Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

Marseille lose at home to Utd. Disappointing. Marseille had more possesion, more shots, more shots on target, 8 or 9 trips to the byline and had 81 crosses, and still couldn't pull it off. Glum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Another draw for celtic...Lawnmo join the boards league too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2 pts in it at the top of D4!!

Sir Bobby 'Redknapp' Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Rosenborg BK.
    Swindon Town beat Rosenborg BK 3 - 2 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Roux scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Sarabia was also on the scoresheet for his side.

GET AWAY! Leave me alone at the top :P

Going to miss Ilalic next season. Has been a beast for me this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GET AWAY! Leave me alone at the top :P

Going to miss Ilalic next season. Has been a beast for me this season.

Going nowhere mate!! STFC!!!!

Another draw for celtic...Lawnmo join the boards league too.
    Yeah, ive been talking to MrMac about it a couple times. Im in a couple of worlds at the mo so i happy for the time being. If i decide to take another on, that'll be the first i'll go to. Cheers

Sweet! William Carvalho gets a +3 up to 88! Bought for just under 3m 5 months ago, now worth near 11m

That will help in the run in. Straight into my first team now.

Lawnmo wrote: »
    Yeah, ive been talking to MrMac about it a couple times. Im in a couple of worlds at the mo so i happy for the time being. If i decide to take another on, that'll be the first i'll go to. Cheers

Its better craic on the other thread,it must get lonely here. :p

Everton 1-3 Celtic.... needed that!!

Sir Bobby 'Redknapp' Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Nottingham Forest.
    Swindon Town beat Nottingham Forest 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Moreno was also on the scoresheet for his side.

• Advertisement

Its better craic on the other thread,it must get lonely here. :p
    Some of my best friends are walls

Nice one Marseille. Gentlemen as ever. Celta Vigo haven't won a league game in god knows how long so we just had to go and oblige them didn't we. Bottlers

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

I was due one :D unlucky man

still 2 points between the top 2 in D4

Sir Bobby 'Stan was the gaffer :p ' Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Southampton.
    Swindon Town beat Southampton 2 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Roux scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Berbatov was also on the scoresheet for his side.

still 2 points between the top 2 in D4

Upside is we're ten points clear of play offs with 6 games to go, so we'll likely move up together.

Just....um....BACK OFF AND LET ME WIN! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Getting a bit tighter in Div1 ... massive three points tonight against an unlucky Hamburg ... 4 points the gap with 6 games to go. Very tough game versus Freiburg next - my bogey team. Barca have a resurgent Man U to contend with.

• Advertisement

A-HA!! Marseille lose again. More shots again! More shots on target again! Sporting have 2 shots on target, and score 2 goals. Yay!!
    Game engine.......Do i not like that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Ecuador against Poland.
    Ecuador dominated much of the play against Poland but could only manage a 4 - 4 draw in a thrilling SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 10 encounter.
    Rojas scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Valencia and Montero were also amongst the goalscorers.

Gutted not to win but when I looked at the group table I saw that we're a point ahead of Poland who have played all their games.

Final Round of games :
    Egypt Vs Ecuador
    Bolivia Vs Belgium

Egypt are bottom of the group and completely out of it. Bolivia are three points and one goal behind meaning that a draw in Cairo will be enough to see me progress, and if I lose then I'm relying on Belgium to beat Bolivia.

Come on Ecuador!!!!! :D:D:D

1st and 2nd lost in D 4 today

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a Swindon Town defeat to Osasuna.
    Swindon Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Osasuna in their Division 4 fixture.

Oh thank God.

Oh thank God.

I know ... well gutted when I saw I could have gone top with a win

• Advertisement

Was too scared to check your result. Would kill me to throw away 1st after being top so long :P

Pats within 1 point of Barcelona now in Division 1 .. every game is a cup final from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i've a couple of 89's with concerns i never play, if any of you lot in D3/D4 are interested

Guillermo Ochoa
    Massimo Ambrosini
    Diego Forlán
    Florent Balmont

Promotion from D4 guaranteed, just the small matter of a title to be decided over the next 4 games!

Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Ross County.
    Swindon Town outclassed Ross County and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Wanyama scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Roux was also on the scoresheet for his side.

6-1 win keeps me on track :D

Looking good lads! Congrats on promotion for starters. Hope Hearts make it up too. Big tighter for Derry in Div 3 .. but hopefully will have enough.

Celtic struggling at the minute in Division 1, but knowing this game, they will bounce back and beat league leaders Barca in the next game. Pats v Milan is going to be a tall task ... gutted at being sucker punched late against Benfica last night. Will not get too many chances to pounce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Some ding dong goin on at the top of Div 2

PLD--GD-PTS
    1 KRC Genk
    34---39---63
    2 Borussia Dortmund--34---34---63
    3 FC Schalke 04
    34---28---62
    4 Manchester City
    34---20---61
    5 Dundalk 34
    19---19---60
    6 Valencia 34
    16--18----59

FOUR POINTS BETWEEN 6th and 1st. And only 4 games left!

Looking good lads! Congrats on promotion for starters. Hope Hearts make it up too. Big tighter for Derry in Div 3 .. but hopefully will have enough.

Celtic struggling at the minute in Division 1, but knowing this game, they will bounce back and beat league leaders Barca in the next game. Pats v Milan is going to be a tall task ... gutted at being sucker punched late against Benfica last night. Will not get too many chances to pounce.

I shall defeat that tyrant,You'll see...really though i have mixed things up a bit,I think i have found the right tactics this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭circadian

I swear this game is fixed sometimes, I was running away with it. Made few changes and all I'm getting are draws. Still at the top of Div 3 but it's getting close.

circadian wrote: »
    I swear this game is fixed sometimes, I was running away with it. Made few changes and all I'm getting are draws. Still at the top of Div 3 but it's getting close.

your problem right there.

if it ain't broke.......don't fix it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Hope Hearts make it up too.

Thanks, I'm working on that! Playing 3rd placed Rosenborg tomorrow, need to win. Also, my final game is away to Osasuna who are currently 4th place. Really need to win all my next games. If I don't make the play-offs, I reckon next year will be ours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭circadian

swoody wrote: »
    your problem right there.

if it ain't broke.......don't fix it!

That's what I mean, few changes. Only making changes for injuries, fatigue or suspensions. I'll hit a decent run soon hopefully.

I shall defeat that tyrant,You'll see...really though i have mixed things up a bit,I think i have found the right tactics this time.

Celtic 2-0 Barcelona,

Take that maggie thatcher!! :D

D4 battle continues ...
    Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Coventry City.

Swindon Town beat Coventry City 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Roux scored the winner for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

the fella top-a-da-table off course goes and wins also ... still 2pts behind (as I have been for most of the season)

2 points with 2 games to go. So ****ing tense :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Udinese Calcio.
    Manchester City outclassed Udinese Calcio and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    León scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Jantschke and Naughton were also amongst the goalscorers.

The top of Division 2 is ridiculously close!!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    The top of Division 2 is ridiculously close!!!
    Genk havin the serious wobbles. Can't imagine what it's like to go that many games without a win!

bazarakus wrote: »
    Genk havin the serious wobbles. Can't imagine what it's like to go that many games without a win!

Genk doing their usual trick of trying to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. Dundalk are also past masters at this. The pair of them meet in the next game too.

Genk doing their usual trick of trying to grab defeat from the jaws of victory. Dundalk are also past masters at this. The pair of them meet in the next game too.

Jochen will quit if they don't get promoted this season. And who would blame him.

• Advertisement

Celtic 2-0 Barcelona,

Take that maggie thatcher!! :D
    ugh........will be hard for Marseille to catch you now.4pts behind with 3 to go.

Marseille face Barcelona next, who Celtic just beat. After Marseille beat Celtic on thursday. So Marseille should win shouldn't they?? Nooooo....Fully expect the sm gods to dish out a hammering

38 and a half for Inler :eek:

It's a seller's market! Just wait until I take the no buying from Unmanaged Clubs rule off in the close season ... it will be like The Klondike!

Join the boards league!!! you wont be left here talking to yourself!!! ;) there is a big enough club that should be free soon!!

Rangers must have some bank. ... good to see them rebuilding .. we need a Celtic v Rangers rivalry in Division 1 .. then again, Rangers will be doing well not to get relegated ... would be a nice Div 3 with Rangers, Swindon, Hearts and Drogheda, Chelsea, Monaco ...

possibly Roma with Xavi, Gerrard, Schurrle, Cech :eek:

Wellw, with swindon loosing 8m / season it will be hard to compete.

I took over swindon and spent 90m of the 100m available on buying 14-5player, left 10m to cover the wages ... only have 3m left without any extra purchases :(

• Advertisement

I took over swindon and spent 90m of the 100m available on buying 14-5player, left 10m to cover the wages ... only have 3m left without any extra purchases :(

you can have my atletico madrid.....?

you can have my atletico madrid.....?

Ah, no have them already in Copa world.

Maybe baz can switch on rich economy for next season? It might help the smaller teams?

Rangers must have some bank. ... good to see them rebuilding .. we need a Celtic v Rangers rivalry in Division 1 .. then again, Rangers will be doing well not to get relegated ... would be a nice Div 3 with Rangers, Swindon, Hearts and Drogheda, Chelsea, Monaco ...

possibly Roma with Xavi, Gerrard, Schurrle, Cech :eek:

i have some unhappy players rangers can have and then sell for profit.....
    i've a couple of 89's with concerns i never play, if any of you lot in D3/D4 are interested

Guillermo Ochoa
    Massimo Ambrosini
    Diego Forlán
    Florent Balmont

38M is a disgrace price to pay for inler.

i have some unhappy players rangers can have and then sell for profit.....

38M is a disgrace price to pay for inler.

It's a seller's market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement