Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Yeah baby!

Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against FC Porto.
    Swindon Town beat FC Porto 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Obinna scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Moreno and Berbatov were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Sweet!!!

Blondie919 steered Heart of Midlothian to victory against Feyenoord.
    Heart of Midlothian outclassed Feyenoord and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Vukusic scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ilsinho and Hlousek were also amongst the goalscorers.

56 shots on goal with 30 on target! Not too shabby. Up to 4th place on goal difference, 1 point behind the leaders.

Hoping for a draw between the top two on Sunday and a win for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ouch.

Aliev, who I bought two weeks ago, drops from 88 to 86. That more than stings :(

On the upside, Mauricio gets a bump from 82 to 85, and his value goes from 1.7m (which I paid) to 7.5m :eek:

With him and Carvalho getting +3s, my plan of just buying everyone Man United is linked to is working out very well :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Ajax.
    Manchester City beat Ajax 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Traoré scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lima and Belhanda were also amongst the goalscorers.

It was Traoré's debut. He also received a rating of 10! Nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

The Real Madrid gig may be going soon in THE GOOD LEAGUE. If anybody knows anybody potentially interested let me know...

• Advertisement

Real Madrid gig going in THE GOOD LEAGUE

Applicants should be looking for a long term relationship with a team. They should be committed and not be interested in quitting after a few weeks or months. GSOH essential!

It's a strange squad. The previous manager joined when we started the league years ago but, unlike pretty much everyone else, he never really sold any of his big players. So you have a classic Real Squad, plus one or two master additions:

>90 squad
    ALONSO
    RAMOS
    HIGUAÍN
    ROBBEN
    SUÁREZ
    MARCELO
    VAN DER VAART
    SNEIJDER
    PEPE
    DE JONG
    ABIDAL
    CESAR
    PAYET
    VAN DER WIEL
    LUCAS

Apply within.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

bazarakus wrote: »
    Real Madrid gig going in THE GOOD LEAGUE

Applicants should be looking for a long term relationship with a team. They should be committed and not be interested in quitting after a few weeks or months. GSOH essential!

It's a strange squad. The previous manager joined when we started the league years ago but, unlike pretty much everyone else, he never really sold any of his big players. So you have a classic Real Squad, plus one or two master additions:

>90 squad
    ALONSO
    RAMOS
    HIGUAÍN
    ROBBEN
    SUÁREZ
    MARCELO
    VAN DER VAART
    SNEIJDER
    PEPE
    DE JONG
    ABIDAL
    CESAR
    PAYET
    VAN DER WIEL
    LUCAS

Apply within.

It is a great gig ... some world class players .. but a lot of players that are now perhaps in need of replaced with a good eye for an exchange..

It is a great gig ... some world class players .. but a lot of players that are now perhaps in need of replaced with a good eye for an exchange..

Very subtle Conor.

The gig will go to a new manager rather than someone from within the league.

Real gig gone. Gone to the man who started it all.

Lyon gig now up for grabs. First come first served.

Heart of Midlothian have now won 7 games in a row after beating Villarreal setting a new club record.

Blondie919 steered Heart of Midlothian to victory against Villarreal.
    Heart of Midlothian outclassed Villarreal and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.
    Alcácer had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ward-prowse and Diaby were amongst the goalscorers.

Up to joint 1st in Division 4.

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Heart of Midlothian have now won 7 games in a row after beating Villarreal setting a new club record.

Heart of Midlothian outclassed Villarreal and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Great record!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just noticed I'm 11 unbeaten in the good league!!!

some record

early favourites for promotion??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

some record

early favourites for promotion??

;) there is a few of us twould consider themselves promotion candidates , including the Swindon team that were the last team before this run started to take full points from Hearts :D

I've a cup game in 2 days time and I'm tempted to rest most of my first team. What do ye seasoned managers do with regards to early ties in cup games? I'm on a great run at the moment. My chairman expects me to finish mid-table, yet right now I'm joint 1st. Should I concentrate on the league?

I've a cup game in 2 days time and I'm tempted to rest most of my first team. What do ye seasoned managers do with regards to early ties in cup games? I'm on a great run at the moment. My chairman expects me to finish mid-table, yet right now I'm joint 1st. Should I concentrate on the league?

Unless you are planning a serious cup run, rest em. You can always play any three of your first teamers, but sub them after 60 mins. They should then be back to 100% fit for your next league game. Of course then there's the risk of injury to them to consider ...

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    ;) there is a few of us twould consider themselves promotion candidates , including the Swindon team that were the last team before this run started to take full points from Hearts :D

That result still hurts! :(

I was trying out a different formation at the start of the season, but have since reverted to the one from last season.

Roll on 9th of January ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

Finally moved into first place in Division 3, thought I was gonna drop off after a 15 game unbeaten run.

Top of Div 4. Samaras has been a Godsend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

3 goals in about 15 minutes ruled for offside... then concede a last minute winner to lose 2-1.

This game is a joke sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Tinie wrote: »
    3 goals in about 15 minutes ruled for offside... then concede a last minute winner to lose 2-1.

it can happen.....

remember celtic beating barca last year when barca had all the ball, all the shots..... but celtic scored from a corner and a hoooooooooof up the pitch. barca managed a goal in injury time tho.

so shít teams can beat the best.

Tinie wrote: »

Which team do you manage?

Celtic gig goin in THE GOOD LEAGUE.

Gimme a shout

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Celtic gig goin in THE GOOD LEAGUE.

Gimme a shout

Are Arsenal just being left to rot or can anyone apply to take them over??

It looks like one hell of a challenge!! :):):):D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are Arsenal just being left to rot or can anyone apply to take them over??

It looks like one hell of a challenge!! :):):):D

Being left to rot.

Celtic up for grabs?

Real Betis also soon to become available...

Being left to rot.

Oh well!! Looks like I'll just have to stay with City and bring them back to Division 1 instead.

Shame! I would have liked the challenge. But then again maybe I'm better off where I am!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I'm still in the market for 90+ defenders!!

I'm still in the market for 90+ defenders!!

Should be a clatter of them available at Turn 1 when I turn off the “No buying from Unmanaged”

Managers needed for Celtic and Real Betis gigs in THE GOOD LEAGUE.

Prefer to get new managers in for the gig. If there are any Celtic fans already in the league tho they can apply.

Would never stand in the way of a dream gig

• Advertisement

Drogheda United have now won 7 games in a row after beating Partick Thistle setting a new club record.

14v0myr.gif

Advertisement