Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

why , who did you abuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Nick Tyldsley:

Posted in the Corrie thread:

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ann22 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by syklops View Post
    very boring episode tonight. the way Rita is treating Dennis is pi$$ing me off. "the last time I saw you, you were hanging out with a bunch of winos". surprised he didn't tgrow hos glass over her there and then.

sick of the David/Kylie storyline. why did Nick want David to cut his hair?[/QUOTE]

I laughed reading this..I too wondered what all that was about. He could've had his rant anywhere any place, any time never mind handing him a pair of scissors while he was at it.
    He didn't want his hair cut cos he likes the way his new dark locks disguise his frankly freakishly large head. Look at it. Seriously. It's massive. He's all head. He's like one of those football miniatures used to be pop about 15 years ago.

Hate him!"

Got told I had an infection and would be banned next, then to read the FAQs. FAQ them I say! (just the bit in bold is me)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Div 4 update:

Drogheda win, while Porto, HoM and Swindon all lose.

Someone looking out for me tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads what's the criteria for dropping a concern? Remy has dropped from Lev. 3 to 2...

Just curious so I can stay on top of this sort of behaviour!!

Lads what's the criteria for dropping a concern? Remy has dropped from Lev. 3 to 2...

If they're concerned about games you need to play em every game. Could be your predecessor wasn't playing him...

If it's loans then you just terminate the loan.

• Advertisement

bazarakus wrote: »
    If they're concerned about games you need to play em every game. Could be your predecessor wasn't playing him...

If it's loans then you just terminate the loan.

Its a problem I inherited, I am playing him but he is not the only one and I'm wonderibg how they work it? Is it a certain percentage of games over the season or what??

Its a problem I inherited, I am playing him but he is not the only one and I'm wonderibg how they work it? Is it a certain percentage of games over the season or what??

It can go from one season into the next. It's a lot of bolx totally stupid rule. I had it happen with my newcastle team - I had to drop John Terry and Alonso and play Agger and Lucas to get their UNH rating down. Total nonsense load of bolx stupid SM rule which achieves nothing.

It can go from one season into the next. It's a lot of bolx totally stupid rule. I had it happen with my newcastle team - I had to drop John Terry and Alonso and play Agger and Lucas to get their UNH rating down. Total nonsense load of bolx stupid SM rule which achieves nothing.

I bet leaving Terry out had the other players more concerned ... There's one man you dont want to give 'the night off' :)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I bet leaving Terry out had the other players more concerned ... There's one man you dont want to give 'the night off' :)

Aye well I lost the league that season, won f'all, had to play em both from half way thru a season until the end of the next season and they both finally stopped sulking.

Div 4 update:

Drogheda win, while Porto, HoM and Swindon all lose.

Someone looking out for me tonight :pac:

My turn to be lucky ...

Drogheda ... Drew ...
    Porto ... Drew...
    HoM ... Lost ...

Swindon ... Won ...

• Advertisement

Once I'm picking up points, I'm happy. Keeping my lead at the top.

Also, 5 goals conceeded in 13 games. Happy with how my defense is going.

But I'm making a loss of 300k a match though :( Into the red now.

Once I'm picking up points, I'm happy. Keeping my lead at the top.

Also, 5 goals conceeded in 13 games. Happy with how my defense is going.

But I'm making a loss of 300k a match though :( Into the red now.

Thats why i kept 9m behind when I blew 100m at the start of the season ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Leeds United.
    Manchester City beat Leeds United 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Belhanda scored the winner for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Still Top!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Wilberto wrote: »
    Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Leeds United.
    Manchester City beat Leeds United 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Belhanda scored the winner for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Still Top!! :D:D

Well done .. that is one strong division you are leading!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

in 38 league games a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 10, 22 and 32.
    • the highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games;
    • players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or above, will expect to play in approximately 75% of games;
    • players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or above, will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games.
    • the rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) games.

Goalkeepers are worked out slightly differently, with your highest rated and those 88 or above expecting to play in approximately 90% of games.

a substitute appearance is worth half a cap.

cup appearances can be used with league appearances to make up the difference.

so....

your highest rated players (90+) needs play

9 matches by the 10th
    19 matches by the 22nd
    28 matches by the 32nd.

your players expecting to be in your first choice line-up.

8 matches by the 10th
    17 matches by the 22nd
    24 matches by the 32nd.

your players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up

3-4 matches by the 10th
    7-9 matches by the 22nd
    10-13 matches by the 32nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Lack of Division 1 news in this thread - very happy with Pats top of the table but just can't shake Baz off despite going a club record breaking 18 league matches unbeaten. Still a bit to go to match Chong Magoo's effort of 23 unbeaten matches and Reggina's 21 match unbeaten stretch

AC 23
    Reggina 21
    Pats 18
    Barca 17
    fica 16
    PSV 15
    15 pool
    Sporting 15
    Everton 14
    Vigo 14
    Juve 14
    Man U 14
    Hburg 14
    Freiburg 14
    inter 13
    Madrid 13
    betis 11
    Lyon 11
    Celtic 10
    Marseillies 9

swoody wrote: »
    in 38 league games a player evaluates their season at regular intervals. This usually occurs around Turns 10, 22 and 32.
    • the highest rated players expect to play in approximately 85% of games;
    • players that would expect to be in your first choice line-up and those rated 90 or above, will expect to play in approximately 75% of games;
    • players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up and those rated 89 or above, will expect to play in approximately 30-40% of games.
    • the rest of the players within your squad will only expect to play a few (if any) games.

Goalkeepers are worked out slightly differently, with your highest rated and those 88 or above expecting to play in approximately 90% of games.

a substitute appearance is worth half a cap.

cup appearances can be used with league appearances to make up the difference.

so....

your highest rated players (90+) needs play

9 matches by the 10th
    19 matches by the 22nd
    28 matches by the 32nd.

your players expecting to be in your first choice line-up.

8 matches by the 10th
    17 matches by the 22nd
    24 matches by the 32nd.

your players that would expect to be a substitute if you selected your first choice line-up

3-4 matches by the 10th
    7-9 matches by the 22nd
    10-13 matches by the 32nd.

Bloody hell. Life's too short!

Lack of Division 1 news in this thread - very happy with Pats top of the table but just can't shake Baz off despite going a club record breaking 18 league matches unbeaten. Still a bit to go to match Chong Magoo's effort of 23 unbeaten matches and Reggina's 21 match unbeaten stretch

AC 23
    Reggina 21
    Pats 18
    Barca 17
    fica 16
    PSV 15
    15 pool
    Sporting 15
    Everton 14
    Vigo 14
    Juve 14
    Man U 14
    Hburg 14
    Freiburg 14
    inter 13
    Madrid 13
    betis 11
    Lyon 11
    Celtic 10
    Marseillies 9

The cat's out of the bag now. If you don't beat Honky ...

Mockers well and truly put on.

Betis and Marseilles gigs going in Division 1. Marseilles have a decent squad.

A win tonight puts me 4 clear at the top of Div 4 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Zenit.
    Manchester City outclassed Zenit and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Lima was on the scoresheet for his side

If I didn't win that game I was going to quit. Easily one of the most one sided games I've ever played. Unsurprisingly, the man of the match was their keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

What the hell happened?? I won 7 games in a row, then had a cup game in which I put out my 2nd string players. Lost that game but won my next league game. The next 4 league games have been losses. What the hell??? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Just joined:) Hoping to Get Sao paulo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Just joined:) Hoping to Get Sao paulo

This is "The Good League" you applied for Sao Paulo in "The Boards.ie League" i accepted you and all but theres a seperate thread for talking about that world bud PM me if youve any hassle

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This is "The Good League" you applied for Sao Paulo in "The Boards.ie League" i accepted you and all but theres a seperate thread for talking about that world bud PM me if youve any hassle

Lots of good gigs goin in THE GOOD LEAGUE tho Eddy. If you're ever tempted ...:p

3-1 win over Leverkusen.

The unbeaten run continues!

Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Ross County.

Swindon Town beat Ross County 1 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Wanyama scored the winner for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Lots of good gigs goin in THE GOOD LEAGUE tho Eddy. If you're ever tempted ...:p

Come on over to the dark side Eddie!!!!!!

Boards, this and one or two others are the best IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

We'll see

• Advertisement

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Dundalk.
    Manchester City outclassed Dundalk and beat them 3 - 1 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Round 3 fixture.
    Traoré scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Marlos was also on the scoresheet for his side.

My City Reserves progress to round 4!!

Advertisement