Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What's the deal with people putting players on the transfer list for a minimum price and then cancelling the deal and keeping them on the transfer list? It smacks of dodgy deals going around. My squad is tiny and I need players badly, I'm in good form, I may quit this league if stuff like that keeps up.

What specific cases of this are you referring to mate?

Do you mean managers have transfer listed players, then cancelled the deals after they've been accepted? If you can tell me the manager and players involved I can provide some background as I know pretty much every manager in the league and can fill you in on what to expect from them.

You should also bear in mind that it is every manager's prerogative to sell or not sell players to whoever they want. I sometimes get managers spitting blood because x manager turned their high bid down for a player and then sold the said player for less money to someone else (sometimes to an external club). I get it can be frustrating but you can’t really do anything about it. Ultimately it’s up to them who they do or don’t sell. If however you believe something is truly dodgy i.e. bare faced cheating then by all means flag it up here, to the SMFA & cetera.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

What's the deal with people putting players on the transfer list for a minimum price and then cancelling the deal and keeping them on the transfer list? It smacks of dodgy deals going around. My squad is tiny and I need players badly, I'm in good form, I may quit this league if stuff like that keeps up.

would be a pity if you quit Ivy .. doing a good job at Hamburg in a very competitive division.

Did not see you make any bids for all the ex Arsenal players recently. There are still quite a few coming to the end of the transfer ban e.g. you could sign

AZPILICUETA, César
    ABATE, Ignazio
    KJAER, Simon

from tomorrow.

Go the Arsenal squad and click on transfers out and you will see the rest of the players at external clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

bazarakus wrote: »
    You should also bear in mind that it is every manager's prerogative to sell or not sell players to whoever they want. I sometimes get managers spitting blood because x manager turned their high bid down for a player and then sold the said player for less money to someone else (sometimes to an external club). I get it can be frustrating but you can’t really do anything about it.

What's the point of putting players on the Transfer List with a minimum price if you're going to cancel the deal after I bid? If people are holding out players for friends, I'm quitting, simples. You cannot cancel a deal because I'm new.

The club in question is 2 divisions below me and has more than enough players for himself.

What's the point of putting players on the Transfer List with a minimum price if you're going to cancel the deal after I bid? If people are holding out players for friends, I'm quitting, simples. You cannot cancel a deal because I'm new.

The club in question is 2 divisions below me and has more than enough players for himself.

Nobody has to sell you players. They can sell them to who they like. Maybe they changed their mind, it happens. Sometimes players sell quick because they need cash, then they change their mind. I can offer insight if you can tell me the club you mean, as I say I know most of the managers personally. I don't tink anyone in this league cancels a deal with anyone because they are new. If anyting it's the opposite - they sell players to new managers to encourage them to stay.

Pats on the brink of their second title. Changed tactics last game and went 3 up after 30 minutes. Never know when to tinker with tactics and when not to. But probably should have done one game previous versus Queens Park .. who again were very impressive. Hamburg having a stormer of a season and might yet make the Champions League.

Great to see a fully managed Division 1 and Division 2 is filling up nicely too.

Hoping that Man City and Udinese can make it up from Division 3 to join all-conquering Dortmund

• Advertisement

Pats on the brink. Would take a monumental collapse to mess it up now dot dot dot

Hamburg 2-1 Inter!! An 88th minute winner to get me into 4th :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Joins this League...........

ceabf5a46e2905852626a20858fa9a5c.png

Relegated!

swoody wrote: »

Relegated!

It is a tough division. Look at the team in Division 2 .. Man United, Chelsea, Roma, Ajax

bazarakus wrote: »
    Pats on the brink. Would take a monumental collapse to mess it up now dot dot dot

CHAMPIONS!! :P:D

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »

Relegated!

I'm sure you'll bounce back up swoody!
    Hamburg 2-1 Inter!! An 88th minute winner to get me into 4th :D:D

Awesome season from Hamburg. Title challenge next season??

Narr, I'm prolly resigning at end of season, signings some youths, strengthening squad a bit, shall leave the new manager with a good bit of cash a and a strong squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

You'll miss her when she's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭circadian

Applied to the league as manager of the mighty DCFC!

circadian wrote: »

GOOD Luck with the Candystripes!! Dundalk were bottom of Division 4 a couple of seasons ago, now on the brink of Division 1. My own team, Pats were 77 rated in 2008 and now were reigning champions with a 94 rated team.

Let me know if you need any loan deals. I will also might be selling a few players at the end of the season, depending on how these new rule changes regarding finances pan out.

Bout time they got a manager!

enjoy:)

I'm so nervous, 1 point ahead of Inter, with one game left. Need a win to secure 4th!

Lost 2-1, ended in 5th :(

Real Madrid job up soon, you got someone lined up for it? :P

I like Hamburg though, losing out on the last second as made me motivated to do better. Kicked out some fellas on loan, made some bids to improve the team, signed 15 youths, the future is bright :D

Lost 2-1, ended in 5th :(

Hard luck Ivy! Looks like the draw would have been no use to you either with Inter winning.

• Advertisement

Real Madrid job up soon, you got someone lined up for it? :P

I like Hamburg though, losing out on the last second as made me motivated to do better. Kicked out some fellas on loan, made some bids to improve the team, signed 15 youths, the future is bright :D

Real Madrid and AC Milan just avoiding relegation! Milan manager very active in this game so season's performance was a mystery. Madrid would be a nice gig .. a few two for one deals and they would be flying again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Real Madrid and AC Milan just avoiding relegation! Milan manager very active in this game so season's performance was a mystery. Madrid would be a nice gig .. a few two for one deals and they would be flying again

I might be interested in the Madrid job if it comes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Lost in the playoff final 2-1 on penalties. :(

Lost in the playoff final 2-1 on penalties. :(

feck!! Udinese? If you want loans for next season, let me know. My chairman usually allows for all players up to 89. Someone like Pogba who might rise during the season could be useful to you on loan. best of luck next season. Queens Park available in Division 1 if you want to skip to Division 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭circadian

Bought a handful of players but they're banned until August? Is it just until the transfer window opens or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

feck!! Udinese? If you want loans for next season, let me know. My chairman usually allows for all players up to 89. Someone like Pogba who might rise during the season could be useful to you on loan. best of luck next season. Queens Park available in Division 1 if you want to skip to Division 1

Think I'll stick with Udinese, will make a lot of signings and hopefully challenge for the league title next season. I'll probably make a few loan offers over the next few weeks as well.

Bought a handful of players but they're banned until August? Is it just until the transfer window opens or something?

It is a transfer ban - it means you can't sell them until August - 3 months from the day you bought them.

By the way, the transfer bans on

Andrea RANOCCHIA
    Étienne CAPOUE

are up tomorrow. If you have a bit of a bank, then you will probably need to bid max to nab either of them .. there has been a scramble recently for ex-Arsenal players (the Arsenal manager decided to sell all his best players to external clubs about 3 months ago).

Looks like the Dundalk manager could not take the disappointment of missing promotion to Div 1 by two minutes. Very nice squad, (Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Mandzukic, Badstuber, Shaquri, Begovic) if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looks like the Dundalk manager could not take the disappointment of missing promotion to Div 1 by two minutes. Very nice squad, (Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Mandzukic, Badstuber, Shaquri, Begovic) if anyone is interested.

Hell's yeah !!

220+ Million ready to spend :cool:

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Hell's yeah !!

220+ Million ready to spend :cool:

I actually meant nice squad for someone to take over :D Anyone from Dundalk here who wants to lead Dundalk to Division 1 Glory?

Advertisement