Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Some interesting ties in the next round alrite Wilberforce...

Galatasaray SK - Cologne
    SL Benfica - Coventry City
    Olympique Lyonnais - AS Saint-Etienne
    Manchester City - Barcelona
    Internazionale - Atlético Madrid
    Celta Vigo - Everton
    Dortmund - Liverpool
    Fenerbahçe SK - Heart of Midlothian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Blondie919 steered Heart of Midlothian to victory against Olympiacos.
    Heart of Midlothian outclassed Olympiacos and thrashed them 6 - 1 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Round 3 fixture.
    Skácel was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Flum and Cissé were also amongst the goalscorers.

My reserves did me proud again! All but 4 are reserves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bazarakus wrote: »
    Some interesting ties in the next round alrite Wilberforce...

Manchester City - Barcelona

Damn it anyway!! They were doing so well and all!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nice! Guarin gets a +1 to 90.

Selling Poli has turned out to be the best thing I ever did :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Damn it anyway!! They were doing so well and all!!

I don't fancy our chances in any cup or shield games this season. It's all about the league for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Udinese Calcio.
    Manchester City outclassed Udinese Calcio and thrashed them 7 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Belhanda was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lima and Gómez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Manchester City have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Udinese Calcio 1 - 7.

Well that was a nice Christmas present!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Udinese Calcio.
    Manchester City outclassed Udinese Calcio and thrashed them 7 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Belhanda was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lima and Gómez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Manchester City have recorded their biggest ever away league win by beating Udinese Calcio 1 - 7.

Well that was a nice Christmas present!! :D:D

I'm just about sticking with you man!!!

Your like a machine though..... :-(

I'm just about sticking with you man!!!

Your like a machine though..... :-(

All will tell in the next game though. May the best man win!!! :):)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After their result against Coventry City, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 15 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

All will tell in the next game though. May the best man win!!! :):)

Of course....

A draw!!

• Advertisement

Of course.........A draw!!
    Willow Murphy earned a draw with Manchester City against Valencia.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Manchester City and Valencia in their Division 2 fixture.
    Gómez scored both of the goals for Manchester City and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

2-1 up only for Savic to give away a penalty on the 84th minute!!
    SAVIĆ brings down PJANIĆ in the penalty area with a badly timed challenge.
    The ref awards the penalty to Valencia.
    LAVEZZI looks one way and strikes the penalty to the other corner.
    Goal GOAL!! - It's well placed and the keeper can't reach it.

Looking forward to the return fixture already!!!

AHEM...................

13 Nov 2013 Valencia Sporting CP
    Ezequiel LAVEZZI Giuseppe ROSSI

A few laughed when I sold Rossi......

Lads, gotta remember.....

Cruciate.............. twice already, and now a third.....

Always likely to go again, apparently he was on fire but you have to remember that players that rely on quickness are always susceptible to recurring injuries.

Not bragging or anything like that, just reminding those who raised an eyebrow that you MUST take into account THE entire package, not just current form.

All the same, do feel for Rossi...

AHEM...................

13 Nov 2013 Valencia Sporting CP
    Ezequiel LAVEZZI Giuseppe ROSSI

A few laughed when I sold Rossi......

Lads, gotta remember.....

Cruciate.............. twice already, and now a third.....

Always likely to go again, apparently he was on fire but you have to remember that players that rely on quickness are always susceptible to recurring injuries.

Not bragging or anything like that, just reminding those who raised an eyebrow that you MUST take into account THE entire package, not just current form.

All the same, do feel for Rossi...

Who raised an eyebrow? Wangling Lavezzi for a dud like Rossi was a STEAL. The Sporting fella was trying to ditch Lavezzi for years. Presumably Lavezzi was at 27 a bit of a pensioner compared to the rest of the young bucks in the squad.

Who raised an eyebrow? Wangling Lavezzi for a dud like Rossi was a STEAL. The Sporting fella was trying to ditch Lavezzi for years. Presumably Lavezzi was at 27 a bit of a pensioner compared to the rest of the young bucks in the squad.

TBF I was asked WTF I was doing at the time, don't think it was by your good self but there were questions asked :D

TBF I was asked WTF I was doing at the time, don't think it was by your good self but there were questions asked :D

Haters keep on hatin'

Haters keep on hatin'

True that!

Anyhow, its not end of career so happy days for Rossi, mean that as he is an ex-utd lad and seems like a decent fella.... Never any crap off the pitch and what not.....

Blondie919 steered Heart of Midlothian to victory against Fenerbahçe SK.
    Heart of Midlothian beat Fenerbahçe SK 2 - 1 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Round 4 fixture.
    Hlousek scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Black was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Quarter-final tie is away to Cologne.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Blondie919 steered Heart of Midlothian to victory against Fenerbahçe SK.
    Heart of Midlothian beat Fenerbahçe SK 2 - 1 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Round 4 fixture.
    Hlousek scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Black was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Quarter-final tie is away to Cologne.

Favourable QF tie for the Jambos!

Name on the Shield this year??

Favourable QF tie for the Jambos!

Name on the Shield this year??

Hope so! I've fallen behind in the league.

• Advertisement

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Barcelona.
    Manchester City have lost to Barcelona 5 - 1 in a thrilling THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Round 4 encounter.
    Di Santo was on the scoresheet for his side.

Well done Baz! Fully deserved in fairness!!

Although it was disappointing for us that the first three goals that we conceded were from a penalty and two free kicks.

Well done Baz! Fully deserved in fairness!!

Although it was disappointing for us that the first three goals that we conceded were from a penalty and two free kicks.

We have a crack team of Brian Stafford, Ronan O'Gara and John Barnes coaching our guys on free kicks. Nobody scores more!

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.
    Manchester City beat Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Gabi was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Belhanda was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice!! I only led for five minutes in this match!! 85 - 90!!!

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.
    Manchester City beat Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 3 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Gabi was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Belhanda was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Nice!! I only led for five minutes in this match!! 85 - 90!!!

& I lost more ground :(

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Thought I would give an update on Div 1.

Suffered a defeat to Eirebear or whatever name he went under here last night - outwitted me with his tactics .. matched my tactics but tweaked them to his advantage.

All top three lost last night - giving a chance to Inter and Benfica to close the gap. Last years winner Liverpool moving ominously up the table. Milan also closing the gap.

Marseilles still bottom of the table - but what a team of talent .... Varane, Kagawa, Teg Stegen, Gundoggan, Lukaku to name but a few. Job has been offered to Eddymac - not sure if he is taking it. If not, send a message to me and I'll pass it on to our esteemed banned soap opera bowsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

Thought I would give an update on Div 1.

Marseilles still bottom of the table - but what a team of talent .... Varane, Kagawa, Teg Stegen, Gundoggan, Lukaku to name but a few. Job has been offered to Eddymac - not sure if he is taking it. If not, send a message to me and I'll pass it on to our esteemed banned soap opera bowsie.
    Hey mate. If Eddymac declines, i'll be interested in having a pop with Marseille. Providing im not stepping on anyone else's toes. Cheers, keep us in mind

Marseille were available. I guess Eddymac declined? I applied for them anyway. Hope thats ok

Willow Murphy steered Ecuador to victory against Belgium (in Belgium).
    Ecuador beat Belgium 1 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 10 fixture.
    Domínguez had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Rojas was on the scoresheet for his side.

Now that's an upset!! :D:D

New Marseille manager here! Taking over a large, young and very unfit squad. Looking forward to the battle to stave off relegation. If anyone wants to help me by loaning me some 89 rated players, i'd be much obliged!! ;)

• Advertisement

Lawnmo wrote: »
    New Marseille manager here! Taking over a large, young and very unfit squad. Looking forward to the battle to stave off relegation. If anyone wants to help me by loaning me some 89 rated players, i'd be much obliged!! ;)

Are you selling anyone? I've some good players + cash to trade with!!!

Valencia

Advertisement