Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

tumblr_lvwpnd8EN21qjk1oho1_500.gif

Well, **** it, didn't want to win the league anyway....

I fcukin did! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

I took over celtic 2nd from bottom and guided them to safety,I think i have been a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Promoted no matter what happens, Division 2 here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

What a finish to the season in Division 1 - Pats given one last chance by Barca... Reggina coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 .. with agueroooo coming back to haunt his former team.

Pats v 3rd Place Man United
    Barca v reigning champions Liverpool

Draw not enough for Pats - Barca are +1 with the goal difference

circadian wrote: »
    Promoted no matter what happens, Division 2 here I come!

Division 2 is purgatory - Genk finally making their way into heaven :) Dundalk have been stuck there for years despite making about three play offs.

Roma all but relegated to Division 3 - which will make it interesting for Drogheda, Swindon and hopefully Hearts

• Advertisement

I took over celtic 2nd from bottom and guided them to safety,I think i have been a success.

Did a good job .. now take them to the next level!! E.g. Where was your bid for Mosquito?

Division 2 is purgatory - Genk finally making their way into heaven :) Dundalk have been stuck there for years despite making about three play offs.

Roma all but relegated to Division 3 - which will make it interesting for Drogheda, Swindon and hopefully Hearts

Yeah I'm dreading the step up. Double promotions but Div 2 is a different beast. My squad is nowhere near good enough and I have very little funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Couldnt beat the drop unfortunately! A year in div 2 should be great fun :(

gerp99 wrote: »
    Couldnt beat the drop unfortunately! A year in div 2 should be great fun :(

Sorry to see that pal. Effin Reggina!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

bazarakus wrote: »
    Sorry to see that pal. Effin Reggina!

ah i have a few decent young players, hopefully a few rises and I can get a strong squad! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Disappointed that I couldn't capitalise on my good start to the season by finishing in the top 2 but if you offered me a playoff place before the first game of the season then I probably would have taken it. So I suppose I should be happy with what the plucky Manchester City has achieved since gaining promotion from division 3 last season!!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Disappointed that I couldn't capitalise on my good start to the season by finishing in the top 2 but if you offered me a playoff place before the first game of the season then I probably would have taken it. So I suppose I should be happy with what the plucky Manchester City has achieved since gaining promotion from division 3 last season!!

The Div2 playoffs are going to be fierce as always.

Anyone in div 3/4 looking for players have a look at derry as I'll be moving players on. Pm me if you're interested in someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

It was tight battle for Div4 honours but after moving into top spot last week I was able to close out the league with a win.

Swindon Town S14 Division4 Champions!
    Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against Partick Thistle.

Swindon Town beat Partick Thistle 4 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

Roux scored all 4 goals for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Thanks to the other managers involved ... Good game!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Grats on winning the league :) Can't believe I threw it away in the second last game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Grats on winning the league :) Can't believe I threw it away in the second last game :(
    Thanks ...

it was always between the 2 of us, was going to be hard to keep on winning week after week after week when you were being chased down hard!

Champs of division 3 :-D

Champs of Division 1 :)

Hearts manager - let me know today if you need any loans for tomorrow's game. You can trade up those 85 rated to 87, 88 rated. Or try some of other active managers who I am sure will help out

What's the story with buying from unmanaged clubs? The restriction is killing me for this jump up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Germany defeat to Venezuela.
    Germany slumped to a 3 - 1 defeat to Venezuela in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 2 fixture.
    Schweinsteiger scored the only goal for Germany and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

After Germany's humiliating World Cup Qualifying defeat to Venezuela, manager Willow Murphy has bowed to hefty pressure from German supporters and media, and has vowed to step down from the managerial position with immediate effect. Speaking soon after the 3-1 defeat to the South American side, Willow remains adamant that it is in fact the players that are the problem, "The players just aren't motivated enough when they team up together to play for their country. All they're interested in doing is earning their big bucks at their respective clubs. It's like managing a bunch of Stephen Irelands. Good luck to the next manager who takes over, they'll need it!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

How do I cancel a friendly game? Have one due tomorrow but don't want to play it.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    How do I cancel a friendly game? Have one due tomorrow but don't want to play it.

I was also interested in cancelling tomorrow's friendly with managerless QPR before the following day's play-off final but when I looked in the help section I found this:
    Please note that during a season break or preseason your Chairman could arrange friendlies on behalf of the club. These friendlies cannot be cancelled and they will be displayed within the club's schedule.

Who are you managing?

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Who are you managing?

The blue half of Manchester. :D:D

Grand, thought you might be my opponents in Div 4 play-off final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The blue half of Manchester. :D:D

Oh NO!!!

Popped up on my news feed about my 2-1 loss in the playoffs, thought to myself I have an away goal for the second leg......

Imagine my disappoinment :(

Oh NO!!!

Popped up on my news feed about my 2-1 loss in the playoffs, thought to myself I have an away goal for the second leg......

Imagine my disappoinment :(

I wouldn't mind but my players are now severely fatigued for the final against Dortmund. Maybe it would have been better had you won. You'd probably be a better match for them.

Ah well, looking forward to our league clashes again next season!! :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I wouldn't mind but my players are now severely fatigued for the final against Dortmund. Maybe it would have been better had you won. You'd probably be a better match for them.

Ah well, looking forward to our league clashes again next season!! :D :P

You've done so well so far man, and sure Dortmund are most likely in the same position as you fitness wise, you have a great chance of going up!

best of luck in the final mate ;)

One more game to play. If I win I get promoted to 3rd Division. I'm up against Osasuna though, a team I've only beaten once in 6 matches. Lots of my players fairly exhausted too.

Bring it on!!!

• Advertisement

Manchester City have won the Division 2 Play-Off Final and have been promoted!
    Willow Murphy has guided Manchester City to a Play-Off Final win against Dortmund!! Manchester City beat Dortmund 3 - 1 in a penalty shootout after they could not be seperated at the final whistle, with a dramatic match ending 3 - 3.
    Belhanda and Gabi were amongst the goalscorers.

We never actually lead Dortmund in the match but still came out on top!! Division 1, here we come!!!

Advertisement