Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

bazarakus wrote: »
    When season 15 starts
    Turn1
    the only time you can change advanced rules like buying from Unmanageds

dunno when yet
    soon
    when new fixtures are announced

New fixtures announced: Tue 25 March
    First fixture of new season: Sun 30 March

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

anybody want Tim Howard....?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Ecuador to victory against Belgium.
    Ecuador beat Belgium 3 - 1 in their SMFA World Cup Round 1 fixture.
    Noboa and Arroyo were amongst the goalscorers.

The Ecuador train goes steaming on!! Up next is the Peruvian Challenge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

THE GOOD LEAGUE Klondike has officially begun. Start yer engines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

THE GOOD LEAGUE Klondike has officially begun. Start yer engines!

How/when will we see the benefits of this?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    How/when will we see the benefits of this?

You see the benefit immediately. You can now buy from Unmanaged Clubs. So suddenly loads of players rated 90 and below (and I tink one rated 91) are now available. The theory is that there should now be at least 20 players out there which everyone who fancies them will have a fair bash at.

You see the benefit immediately. You can now buy from Unmanaged Clubs. So suddenly loads of players rated 90 and below (and I tink one rated 91) are now available. The theory is that there should now be at least 20 players out there which everyone who fancies them will have a fair bash at.

Is there any impact on finances? No point in these players being available if the smaller clubs dont have the finances to buy one ...

Is there any impact on finances? No point in these players being available if the smaller clubs dont have the finances to buy one ...

Mate. I can open the shop up. I'm not going round putting money in your pocket. If you ain't got the cash to buy em - Unmanaged coming off being a development which I've been trumpeting for months - then you're probably too late.

Long term - yes, the change to Very Super Duper Richy McRich Loaded Ecomony will, I'm assured, benefit all clubs (with higher attendances, higher sponsorship &cetera)

Mate. I can open the shop up. I'm not going round putting money in your pocket. If you ain't got the cash to buy em - Unmanaged coming off being a development which I've been trumpeting for months - then you're probably too late.

Long term - yes, the change to Very Super Duper Richy McRich Loaded Ecomony will, I'm assured, benefit all clubs (with higher attendances, higher sponsorship &cetera)

I know you've been touting it for months but either I kept the players I had at Swindon and got promoted OR I sold them buy players 3-4 ratings lower and struggle to make the playoffs ...

sure this might just stop me making losses every game :)

I know you've been touting it for months but either I kept the players I had at Swindon and got promoted OR I sold them buy players 3-4 ratings lower and struggle to make the playoffs ...

sure this might just stop me making losses every game :)

I always try to help if I can. If you pm some players you're after I can try to snag them then sell them on to you when you have the cash?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strikes me from a quick look, the ones buying from unmanaged clubs are the "bigger" teams :(

Guys, advice...

Two bids in on Guarin I'm considering.

L.NETO + V.GIULIANO or 26m.

The cash I could probably use to buy 2 or three players from unmanaged clubs (though I'd guess most I'd be interested in will be gone already). It would really only be 19.5m once my debts are clear through :/ Don't know much about the other two if I'm honest...

Strikes me from a quick look, the ones buying from unmanaged clubs are the "bigger" teams :(

Guys, advice...

The cash I could probably use to buy 2 or three players from unmanaged clubs (though I'd guess most I'd be interested in will be gone already). It would really only be 19.5m once my debts are clear through :/ Don't know much about the other two if I'm honest...

Teams whether bigger or smaller will (or should) always try to look after their own interests. However the fact is that the smaller the club (the weaker the squad) the more they can bid so they will (if they have cash) always win the auction. Ask the Valencia/Vigo managers.

I would use the adage "if there is doubt then there is no doubt". Don't sell your prize asset for two unknowns. If they were any cop they would not be being hocked to you. Then again taking the cash now - will you get it in time to make some bids? Chances are - yes. Each bid which comes in for a player sets the decision back about 24 hours. So as long as folk keep bidding you should get to make your own bid. If that's what you wanted the cash for that is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Guys, advice...

I say accept the the two players ..... no pressure ;):D

Well, I've nothing now. It'll take 24 hours probably for cash to come in, by which stage, I'd imagine the players I'd be after will have their transfers accepted. Even on top of that, while I'd be able to bid more, I have no intentions of getting into a bidding war.

For example, I see Barca are after one player I'd love. But anything over the min. bid would see me "wasting" the cash most likely and even though my max bid would likely win him, I don't think it would be a wise move long run.

Anyway, think I'll accept the 26m bid and see who I can sniff out with the 20m I have left...

EDIT: Sorry gerp, didn't see your post there. Didn't realise it was you. Sorry, think I'll try and take the 20m and see if I can get 3 players in with it :/

No worries I will prob use them in part exchanges for some externals :)

Well, I've nothing now. It'll take 24 hours probably for cash to come in, by which stage, I'd imagine the players I'd be after will have their transfers accepted. Even on top of that, while I'd be able to bid more, I have no intentions of getting into a bidding war.

For example, I see Barca are after one player I'd love. But anything over the min. bid would see me "wasting" the cash most likely and even though my max bid would likely win him, I don't think it would be a wise move long run.

Anyway, think I'll accept the 26m bid and see who I can sniff out with the 20m I have left...

EDIT: Sorry gerp, didn't see your post there. Didn't realise it was you. Sorry, think I'll try and take the 20m and see if I can get 3 players in with it :/

Way to blow the cover on my transer bids mate. Nice one.

And they say no good deed goes unpunished!

I always try to help if I can. If you pm some players you're after I can try to snag them then sell them on to you when you have the cash?

Thanks mate ... Think I'll try get the few loan players and hopefully they'll add enough to my squad to stay in D3 ( earning big bucks) and build up a war chest.

Thanks tho

Way to blow the cover on my transer bids mate. Nice one.

And they say no good deed goes unpunished!

Huh?

Huh?

I'm joking. IN my defence I tried to put one of those winky smiles in but it didn't work. Nevermind!

This is why I hate forums :confused::o:pac::rolleyes:

i'm selling Tim Howard for 6M if anyone in D3/4 want a 90 rated goalkeeper, i have no room for him as i already have Handanovic.

• Advertisement

Sigh...so much for the cash :(
    Bid withdrawn for some reason.

Who withdrew the bid mate? If I get the players I want I'll have a few bob left. Do I have any 89 or so rated player(s) you want at Barca?

My offer still stands too or if you want someone else feel free to have a look :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Ecuador to victory against Peru.
    Ecuador outclassed Peru and beat them 2 - 0 in their SMFA World Cup Quarter Final fixture.
    Arroyo scored both of the goals for Ecuador and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nicely secured a semi final spot against the Netherlands who, I have only just now noticed, are managed by none other than Tupac himself.

It's another Tupac Vs Wilberto showdown. This time for a spot on the greatest stage in world football.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nicely secured a semi final spot against the Netherlands who, I have only just now noticed, are managed by none other than Tupac himself.

It's another Tupac Vs Wilberto showdown. This time for a spot on the greatest stage in world football.

Alas no. Tupac has resinged as Manager of Valencia and his international side. Sad loss.

If anyone fancies a change up the Valencia gig is going. If not and nobody picks them and we can't find a manager it will be open season.

Ah, that explains it. Valencia was who had the bid in and taken back. Must have gone when he left.

Will think about Guarin.

Also, glad to say Luis Muriel is coming to Drogheda on loan. Need to get two center backs sorted now...

Got McCarthy, Bartra and Ljajic in on loan ... Thanks to all involved

STFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

DEULOFEU, Gerard and CAN, Emre available on loan from Pats

a cheap(ish) but old fix

WELCOME TO ATLETICO MADRID

Sloth.jpg

Dirk Kuyt

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    a cheap(ish) but old fix

WELCOME TO ATLETICO MADRID

Sloth.jpg

Dirk Kuyt

Great signing Barca old Boy Diamond Dirk. He'll do a job for you. OK a few of his shots may go out for throws, but he'll bag 10-15 a season for you.

Advertisement