Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Real Madrid manager has resigned. Didn't stay long with it .. pity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'll take Real if they are going?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd nearly think about taking the Real Madrid job. It's only for the fact that I hate them so very, very much that I won't!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Ahhhhhhhh...................................

Tis good to be back!

Cheers Baz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's Real relegated so. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Has anyone else noticed fatigue being more prominent this season?

circadian wrote: »

I made the mistake or forgetting about cup/shield games a few times. you taking those into account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I haven't noticed it, but they are dicking a out with the game on a daily basis now so who knows what's goin on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've definitely noticed a difference too with a couple of my teams. And I usually don't progress very far in cups so that's never the problem!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Been working recently on revamping the team, trying to shift out players I don't see much potential in and trying to replace them with cheap but good 87s and 88s.

McClean, Bastos, Davies and Johnson were all loyal servants getting me through Div 4 but weren't cutting it in Div 3. Hector Herrera is on his way out too.

Aaron Cresswell joined on May 2nd. Though only 85, I'm hoping for a rise (though last one was only 6 weeks ago. Has had a few mid-table PL teams sniffing round him, so hopefully will do ok long term. Better than Bastos who was on his way down.

Dennis Diekmeier is a young right back, linked minoring with some bigger clubs as a "low budget but high potential" player. 87 rated.

Manuel Schmiedebach is an 88 rated player capable of DM, M(C,R) so can cover multiple positions for me, something I always like. Bought him for 5.8m and when he arrived, his value jumped to 7.6m meaning even if he doesn't work short term, I should be able to move him on for a hefty profit pretty quickly :)

I mentioned Bebe a few weeks back, that I sold him and then bought him back cheaper. Like Manuel, his value jumped from 1.8m I paid to 3.3m when he arrived, meaning I can sell for profit when his ban is up. That said, he did pretty well in the Portuguese leagues and I'd hope for a bump up from 82 :P

Also about to have 7.5m in the bank again though so hoping to bring in one more 87 rated player I have my eye on.

Not sure if I'll get promoted this season from Div 3. After a bad start, I've set the playoffs as my goal. But hoping that I'm building a stronger base on which to build; as well as the players, I have Janko (United's Reserve Player of the Year), Gunter, Ikoko and a few other kids who I think could come good in time.

Really happy at Drogheda (as evident by this write up that probably interests no one else but me) :D

• Advertisement

Still top of D2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sir Bobby Robson earned a draw with Swindon Town against Borussia Mönchengladbach.

The match ended 2 - 2 between Swindon Town and Borussia Mönchengladbach in their Division 3 fixture.

Wanyama and Töre were amongst the goalscorers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Osvaldo's transfer to Southampton meant that they went above the minimum squad limit briefly. Used the time to throw in an offer on Jay Rodriguez who is being eyed up by multiple clubs at the top of the PL despite his injury. Very happy with that one.

Rated 87 and covers multiple positions. Hope it's 4.9m well invested. Have a feeling his value will jump too once he joins up.

Been working recently on revamping the team, trying to shift out players I don't see much potential in and trying to replace them with cheap but good 87s and 88s.

McClean, Bastos, Davies and Johnson were all loyal servants getting me through Div 4 but weren't cutting it in Div 3. Hector Herrera is on his way out too.

Aaron Cresswell joined on May 2nd. Though only 85, I'm hoping for a rise (though last one was only 6 weeks ago. Has had a few mid-table PL teams sniffing round him, so hopefully will do ok long term. Better than Bastos who was on his way down.

Dennis Diekmeier is a young right back, linked minoring with some bigger clubs as a "low budget but high potential" player. 87 rated.

Manuel Schmiedebach is an 88 rated player capable of DM, M(C,R) so can cover multiple positions for me, something I always like. Bought him for 5.8m and when he arrived, his value jumped to 7.6m meaning even if he doesn't work short term, I should be able to move him on for a hefty profit pretty quickly :)

I mentioned Bebe a few weeks back, that I sold him and then bought him back cheaper. Like Manuel, his value jumped from 1.8m I paid to 3.3m when he arrived, meaning I can sell for profit when his ban is up. That said, he did pretty well in the Portuguese leagues and I'd hope for a bump up from 82 :P

Also about to have 7.5m in the bank again though so hoping to bring in one more 87 rated player I have my eye on.

Not sure if I'll get promoted this season from Div 3. After a bad start, I've set the playoffs as my goal. But hoping that I'm building a stronger base on which to build; as well as the players, I have Janko (United's Reserve Player of the Year), Gunter, Ikoko and a few other kids who I think could come good in time.

Really happy at Drogheda (as evident by this write up that probably interests no one else but me) :D

Do you need any players in pacific positons or with say 85-88 ratings? I may have one or two

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bazarakus wrote: »
    Do you need any players in pacific positons or with say 85-88 ratings? I may have one or two

>pacific

Tinie wrote: »
    >pacific

Having to explain or justify them kills them. Murderer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Queens Park reserves win again! Last 16 of the shield now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Lost out to Barca tonight, that's a decent team you got there.

Lost out to Barca tonight, that's a decent team you got there.

They're a good bunch of lads. Penalties are a lottery.

CHELSEA gig going if anyone wants it.

• Advertisement

Swindon, Chelsea, Swindon, Chelsea, ....?

Tough one but going to stick with Swindon :)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Swindown Town First not Third!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

CHELSEA gig going if anyone wants it.

Can I have it? Recently lost to an unmanaged Reading (i.e., their real life team) and have instantly fallen out of love with Galatasaray and their sanctimonious, soporific bullsh1t

Can I have it? Recently lost to an unmanaged Reading (i.e., their real life team) and have instantly fallen out of love with Galatasaray and their sanctimonious, soporific bullsh1t

sure pal resign and apply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

sure pal resign and apply

Cheers Baz - no wonder Chelsea were fecked - their first team all had 16-18% match fitness - gonna field the reserves for a few games and sneak any points I can

A sorry tale of despair and neglect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Im in need of an 89/90 Centre back if anyone can help, Udinese.

The promotion train keeps on rolling.

Still top.

• Advertisement

Swindon still flying high in D3 ... can it last?

Sir Bobby Robson steered Swindon Town to victory against CSKA Moskva.

Swindon Town outclassed CSKA Moskva and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Ljajić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Vestergaard and Sarabia were also amongst the goalscorers.

Advertisement