Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Pats only scraped a draw. Bossed the stats but looking through the performances, lots of 5s and 6s. Normally, in real life a manager would make wholesale changes and banish a couple of players to the youth team. but in this game .. fortune doesn't always favour the tinkerer.

Milan creeping back into it despite being hammered 5-0 by both Pats and Man United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

stupid game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Nice bit of luck for me today in this GW with Remy seemingly on his way to Liverpool!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a Swindon Town defeat to Shelbourne FC.

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Shelbourne FC in their Division 3 fixture.

Rondón scored the only goal for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

:(

Pats only scraped a draw. Bossed the stats but looking through the performances, lots of 5s and 6s. Normally, in real life a manager would make wholesale changes and banish a couple of players to the youth team. but in this game .. fortune doesn't always favour the tinkerer.

Milan creeping back into it despite being hammered 5-0 by both Pats and Man United.

Milan 2nd and pats demolished. Should have read the signs

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Sir Bobby Robson was unable to prevent a Swindon Town defeat to Shelbourne FC.

Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Shelbourne FC in their Division 3 fixture.

Rondón scored the only goal for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

:(

Bad luck. Maybe drum up sales with risers?

Milan 2nd and pats demolished. Should have read the signs

A few ins and outs and what-have-yous due yet in this title twist I feel. Milan and PSV coming from out of nowhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Looking for another team, anything going Baz?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Looking for another team, anything going Baz?

sent you a pm

5-5 draw for swindon

• Advertisement

Comfortable win against Benfica ... celebrations dampened by Pats' 88th minute winner tho!

we go again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Schalke.
    Manchester City beat Schalke 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Savić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Taarabt, Belhanda and Gómez were amongst the goalscorers.

Jaysus, we better be careful or we might find ourselves in one of the SMFA cup qualifying positions!! :D:D

Still though, I'd still be happy once we avoid relegation. We're on 42 points now, 9 ahead of Schalke themselves who are 18th, and with four games to go. One more win and we should be safe courtesy of goal difference. Plus, that's also expecting Schalke to win each of their remaining four games which, in truth, looks a tad unlikely.

All in all, a good end to the season considering we looked almost certainties for relegation after the first few rounds!! :D:)

In big trouble with Madrid, hoping to climb to safety but tonight didn't help!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

89 rated 30 year old Rodrigo Lima is available at a bargain price of €8m, which is his cost price rounded up to the nearest million. Ideally, I'd like to give him to the likes of Swindon etc.

Wilberto wrote: »
    89 rated 30 year old Rodrigo Lima is available at a bargain price of €8m, which is his cost price rounded up to the nearest million. Ideally, I'd like to give him to the likes of Swindon etc.

The offer for Rodrigo LIMA of Manchester City from Heart of Midlothian has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

One look at his team suggested that Lima will most likely go straight into the first team which meant I was only too happy to accept the offer! He might even be available to play tomorrow's game!! :D

Celtic gig still going and STILL in with a shout of staying up. Shirley one of yous must know a Celtic fan who may fancy coming in and saving them from relegation?

WANTED: CELTIC MANAGER

must be patient - the previous manager left the club in a horrid state (and the vultures have been in since)

APPLY WITHIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Sealed Promotion to Division 2 tonight, Delighted. Hopefully can push on now for the title. Best of luck to all involved in the running for automatic promotion, Looking tight, the unmanaged and raped monaco team just wont go away!

Can't see me staying up with Madrid :( got a point tonight though, we'll see

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against SL Benfica.
    Manchester City beat SL Benfica 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Asenjo had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Nainggolan was on the scoresheet for his side.

Safety guaranteed with two games to spare. Five points of the SMFA qualifiers though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Play-off spot all but secured!

Don't like them....

Play-off spot all but secured!

Don't like them....

Hopefully they'll be as good to you as they were to me! :D:)

So ... There will be no Neymar or Zlathan at this season ends World Cup ... Thanks to my irish lads ;)

There will be an Antonio Valencia though as the reigning champions keep their defence of their title alive.
    Willow Murphy earned a draw with Ecuador against Poland.
    Ecuador dominated much of the play against Poland but could only manage a 1 - 1 draw in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 10 fixture.
    Noboa was on the scoresheet for his side.

It was a winner takes all battle. Thankfully, we were already two points clear so we only needed a draw! :D

Can Ecuador do the two in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Playoff spots in division 2 are tight, got to win my next two games to even hope for a sniff of the playoffs.

Squeaky bum time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

One game left and it's a fight for 2nd place in Division 3. If AS Monaco lose and my Hearts win, then we get 2nd place. Of course, I'll be anxiously looking over my shoulder at Swindon Town who are a point behind me!

Also, thank you Drogheda for taking 2 points off AS Monaco!

A win over St Pats moves me to 18th and still with a chance of staying up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks like I'm finishing mid-table in Div 3 then. Not to upset about not getting back to back promotions.

Have a good few decent prospects and younger players though; Carvalho and Rodriquez should rise in time, Tiote might benefit from a rejuvenated Newcastle, and have a few decent kids to rise.

Going to be about getting in better loan players next season though, especially given I'm back in the red :(

2-1 win for Swindon against Roma....

Can Swindon repeat last years feat and get the result on the last day of the season that will see them leap frog their closes competitors to back-2-back automatic promotions??

• Advertisement

1-0 defeat away to Inter ends any slim chance of SMFA qualification. Final game is at home to Genk who are only two points outside of those places. Is it going to be a case of "Well,if we can't have one of them, neither can you!"? :P :P :D

Advertisement