Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

oh oooo, Swindon won again :D

Michel Preud'Homme steered Swindon Town to victory against Leeds United.
    Swindon Town outclassed Leeds United and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Yarmolenko scored the winner for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I was wondering how I lost so heavily to PSV (4-1), when I realised that I completely forgot to change my team after the cup! Not only was I playing my second string, I was playing my tired second string!! It was probably the easiest game that PSV have had all season! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Wilberto wrote: »
    I was wondering how I lost so heavily to PSV (4-1), when I realised that I completely forgot to change my team after the cup! Not only was I playing my second string, I was playing my tired second string!! It was probably the easiest game that PSV have had all season! :D :pac:

It's easily done

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A draw :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A draw :(

I know :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Fantastic draw for Gala tonight against champions elect Real Madrid.

6 wins and a draw in my first 7 games in charge.

Promotion push.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I know :p

Get back. GEt BACK!

My automatic promotion spot. MINE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

DH2K9 wrote: »
    Fantastic draw for Gala tonight against champions elect Real Madrid.

6 wins and a draw in my first 7 games in charge.

Promotion push.

Helps the rest of the chasing pack, so thank you.

Progress haulted ....

Michel Preud'Homme earned a draw with Swindon Town against Newcastle United.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Newcastle United in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón scored the only goal for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Manchester City against Celta Vigo.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Manchester City and Celta Vigo in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gómez and Belhanda were amongst the goalscorers.

We somehow managed to salvage a point after being 2-0 down and completely outclassed!! :D :pac:

• Advertisement

No stumbles this time. No brakes.

Jay Rodriguez goes top of the goalscorers charts too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Another win, 3-1 against Arsenal. 14 clear of 3rd and 4 clear of Atleti in 2nd

0-0 against relegation-zone Shelbourne....but still gain a point's lead against the old nemesis :pac:

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Manchester City against Sporting CP.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Manchester City and Sporting CP in their Division 1 fixture.
    Belhanda was on the scoresheet for his side.

City continue to fall. We're out of the SMFA spots now. Only eight points clear of relegation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Circadian Riddims steered Olympique Lyonnais to victory against Real Betis.

Olympique Lyonnais outclassed Real Betis and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.

Getting ever so closer to those playoff spots!

Automatic promotion bid from D3 ... in tatters!

Michel Preud'Homme was unable to prevent a Swindon Town defeat to Portsmouth.
    Swindon Town slumped to a 2 - 0 defeat to Portsmouth in their Division 3 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Sense of dread every time I log on to the GOOD League... another defeat.

Sense of dread every time I log on to the GOOD League... another defeat.

What are you attempting to get yourself out of the death spiral? Change tactics each week? Stick with the same tactics?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

bazarakus wrote: »
    What are you attempting to get yourself out of the death spiral? Change tactics each week? Stick with the same tactics?? :confused:

been trying both .... think I'll just go back to 442 now and back to default tactics... and drop Messi the useless fecker in this alternate universe

been trying both .... think I'll just go back to 442 now and back to default tactics... and drop Messi the useless fecker in this alternate universe

I've said it before and I've said it again. Soccer Manager the game is not capable of transmitting the geniuses of Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez &cetera. If it could the first two would regularly score 40 league goals, and the latter would play one twos off defenders.

• Advertisement

Back on track ...

Michel Preud'Homme steered Swindon Town to victory against Sunderland.
    Swindon Town outclassed Sunderland and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Yarmolenko scored both of the goals for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

top 2 is going to be difficult but cant stay in the play-offs going up against Roma ... Some squad!

549be42cf2a1ce5d761a173cf17ebe55.jpg

Willow Murphy was unable to prevent a Manchester City defeat to Freiburg.
    Manchester City slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Freiburg in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Cup Semi Final fixture.
    Taarabt and Henrique were amongst the goalscorers.

I couldn't be prouder of my reserve side. 82 rated Kanil Corekci! 84 rated Drederyk Boyata. 86 rated Layvin Kurzawa. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Does anyone want to sell a good player for a lot of cash? :D

TheGunns wrote: »
    Does anyone want to sell a good player for a lot of cash? :D

I have a couple of 90 rateds, one of which I mite be able to sell you. I'm just checking with my man in Madrid to make sure neither of them are about to turn into the new Zidane first ...

Celta Vigo (G** P****) have sold Sejad SALIHOVIĆ to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim on a deal believed to be around £5,462,500.

Season Date Club From Club To Club From Received Club To Received
    16 19 Nov 2014 Celta Vigo TSG 1899 Hoffenheim £5.4M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    15 9 Aug 2014 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Celta Vigo £210k and No Player found and Frederik SORENSEN Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    15 28 Apr 2014 Queen's Park TSG 1899 Hoffenheim £8.6M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    11 27 Dec 2012 Arsenal Queen's Park Konstantin RAUSCH Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    10 15 Jun 2012 FC Schalke 04 Arsenal £13.7M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    9 15 Nov 2011 Juventus FC Schalke 04 £9.0M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    7 12 Mar 2011 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Juventus £3.3M and Alan PATRICK and Daniel ADEJO Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    7 25 Feb 2011 Girondins Bordeaux TSG 1899 Hoffenheim £11.0M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    6 17 Dec 2010 Juventus Girondins Bordeaux Hatem BEN ARFA Sejad SALIHOVIĆ and Ismaël AISSATI
    5 21 Mar 2010 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Juventus £3.0M and Rodrigo TELLO Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    2 5 Feb 2009 Barcelona Real Sociedad £2.2M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ
    1 23 Sep 2008 TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Barcelona £5.7M Sejad SALIHOVIĆ

The Littlest Hobo of THE GOOD LEAGUE?

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Juventus.
    Manchester City outclassed Juventus and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gómez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gabi and Belhanda were also amongst the goalscorers.

Managed to stop the rot with a victory against fourth placed Juventus, in Turin. Maybe the SMFA dream is still on!

Another season in D3 next season me reckons ...

Michel Preud'Homme was unable to prevent a Swindon Town defeat to Drogheda United.
    Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Drogheda United in their Division 3 fixture.

Well Played Drogheda

Still time to blow this 10 point lead over the play-off teams, but certainly a nice pillow for me now :) Think I've finally got your number :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Cheers to baz for the couple of players :D I hit a plateau transfer wise a couple months ago!

Advertisement