Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nearly there...

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

6 out of 6 for Pats. Left the run too late - only can finish on 62 points and Ajax already have 63.

Ajax to win the GOOD League title ??? with an 86 rated goalkeeper ... must give all teams hope of winning it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Ecuador against Poland.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Ecuador and Poland in their SMFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 8 fixture.
    Valencia was on the scoresheet for his side.

One point ended up being enough to stay in second and a place in the World Cup due to Finland's capitulation at home to mighty Moldova! :D

It finished with Poland as group winners, ourselves in second, The Netherlands in third (:eek:), Finland in fourth, and Moldova in fifth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Still havent given up Droghs .... (any chance you could bottle it like our first season in D4? :P)

Certified Cable Tie Technician steered Swindon Town to victory against Shelbourne FC.
    Swindon Town outclassed Shelbourne FC and thrashed them 6 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ljajić and Wanyama were also amongst the goalscorers.

Not a chance now :P

Drogheda United have now won 9 games in a row after beating Newcastle United setting a new club record.

After their result against Newcastle United, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 18 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

10 points clear of third with only 15 left available :D 6 points from my last 5 games will see me up. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy steered Manchester City to victory against Liverpool.
    Manchester City beat Liverpool 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Gabi scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Traoré was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Gabi on his long awaited return from injury. He was clearly missed too previously. I'm glad to see that he's eager to make up for lost time!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Gabi on his long awaited return from injury. He was clearly missed too previously. I'm glad to see that he's eager to make up for lost time!

Nice win .. Liverpool having a bit of a title collapse .. but the chasing pack not really capitalizing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

up to 13th now in Div 2 with the last 3-2 win over Gala pushing me past the magical 40 point barrier.. Also on a decent run of form with 14 from last 18 available points..

Sami Khedira to Galatasaray ... bit of a coup

Montolivio (91) transfer request handed in

Sami Khedira to Galatasaray ... bit of a coup

Don't say that! I'm still harbouring hopes of Galatasaray bluffing and will actually not be able to afford him!! :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Don't say that! I'm still harbouring hopes of Galatasaray bluffing and will actually not be able to afford him!! :D :pac:

ha .. would not be the first time that has happened! (not Gala bluffing .. rather teams having bids collapsing due to lack of funds after losing money in an away match)

Anyone willing to throw Swindon a bone ...

I've some cash to buy a 1/2 decent player

Drogheda United have now won 10 games in a row after beating Portsmouth setting a new club record.

After their result against Portsmouth, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 19 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Hadn't realized it was 1st vs 2nd tonight. Only a two point gap to the top now. Want to win it all now :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Drogheda United have now won 10 games in a row after beating Portsmouth setting a new club record.

After their result against Portsmouth, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 19 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Hadn't realized it was 1st vs 2nd tonight. Only a two point gap to the top now. Want to win it all now :P

Just focus on winning 1 of your next four ... My swindon have history went it comes to snatching positions off you on the very last day of the season :P

Swindon Town outclassed Southampton and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Ljajić and Camacho were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭circadian

Finally got Lyon into the playoff spots. 4 games left to stay in there including one against my old club Derry. This should be an interesting run in!

Drogheda United have now won 11 games in a row after beating Sunderland setting a new club record.

After their result against Sunderland, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 20 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

And automatic promotion with 3 games to spare!

And the biggest thing....finally beat Swindon in final league position!

iasip_party_gif_by_ellidegg-d5a8btj.gif

(GT, you better get through the playoffs....this feud needs to continue :P)

Congrats to Pompey and that crowd from Drogheda :P on automatic promotion from D3.

My unbeaten streak just started too late in the season ...

Swindon Town beat CSKA Moskva 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ljajić scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Yarmolenko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

I now find myself in that 3rd position which tends to signal players dissapointed with not having finished in the top2.

Bit of man management required ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Moved into an automatic promotion spot with 3 games to go! Hopefully I can keep it :D

Valencia gig going - very nice squad on the cusp of division 1 too.

Could do with Roma dropping out of the PlayOff places ... #formidablefrontline

Swindon Town outclassed Swansea City and beat them 3 - 2 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ljajić, Müller and Yarmolenko were amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement

Still in the top 2, hoping I can seal a spot before the final matchday!

Rested some of the lads with an eye on the play offs

The match ended 1 - 1 between Swindon Town and Genoa CFC in their Division 3 fixture.
    Maggio had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Martins was on the scoresheet for his side.

1-1 draw ends the win streak, but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. 2nd place and 2nd Division.

Come on Swindon!

After their result against AS Roma, Drogheda United are now unbeaten in 23 games setting a new club record for most games unbeaten in a row.

Ended Div 3 as I hope to continue into Div 2 :)

Thanks to Drogheda .... AS Roma didnt make the play-offs

It wont be easy but at least I wont be facing Cech, Gerrard, Drogba, Higuain, Tevez, Erickson, Xavi, El Sha... in the play-offs

My lads had a final run out pre-playoff....

Swindon Town outclassed Beşiktaş JK and thrashed them 5 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Töre scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kiltie and Izquierdo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Oh wow, hadn't see the team I was up against :S Makes me happier about the win.

Did what I can buddy. Up to you now. All CPU teams. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

havent been checking this league on SM for ages (unfollowed thread as well actually :o) but....might someone be interested in Demichelis, Barry, Shirokov, Varela, Kalou or Kuyt here?

cash or youth swaps (provided they're daycent) are welcome.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Thanks to Drogheda .... AS Roma didnt make the play-offs

It wont be easy but at least I wont be facing Cech, Gerrard, Drogba, Higuain, Tevez, Erickson, Xavi, El Sha... in the play-offs

My lads had a final run out pre-playoff....

Swindon Town outclassed Beşiktaş JK and thrashed them 5 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Töre scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kiltie and Izquierdo were also amongst the goalscorers.

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I am actually going to leave the league as not as much interest in it as with others however I did manage to keep Monaco in mid table position in Div 2 so am pretty happy with that.

• Advertisement

Promoted! The dizzy heights of Division 3 :D

Advertisement