Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

speed wobble in Turin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Speaking of speed wobbles, since I last posted here about getting knocked off top spot in Division 2 my Hearts have gone 6 games and haven't won any of them. 4 losses and 2 draws. I know I was only on top for maybe 1 week but I was up around the top for a while. Now after 8 games (L 5, D 3) I'm in 5th place and up against the form team of the moment Dundalk. Drastic measures will be taken. Something has got to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Another loss to an unmanaged team. Gonna have to stop this due to there only being 1 other managed team in the division, Mr GT in 1st place!

Down to 3rd also :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Manchester City beat Internazionale 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Marchetti had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Belhanda was on the scoresheet for his side.

Creep into third and just 3 points off the leaders, Juventus. Come on City!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Colemania wrote: »
    Another loss to an unmanaged team. Gonna have to stop this due to there only being 1 other managed team in the division, Mr GT in 1st place!

Down to 3rd also :(

Back to 6pts clear ...

Swindon Town beat Hertha BSC 3 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Ben Yedder scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Beñat and Yarmolenko were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Speaking of speed wobbles, since I last posted here about getting knocked off top spot in Division 2 my Hearts have gone 6 games and haven't won any of them. 4 losses and 2 draws. I know I was only on top for maybe 1 week but I was up around the top for a while. Now after 8 games (L 5, D 3) I'm in 5th place and up against the form team of the moment Dundalk. Drastic measures will be taken. Something has got to give.

I know what it's like to be on a $hit run for sure. 3rd win in 10 last nite. Mid-table mediocrity.

Another speed wobble in Turin, this time it's Pats who take advantage. Divvy 1 title suddenly not looking like a procession ...

I can feel it coming in the air tonite ... UEFA cup tie tonite against Sa-Sa-Sassuolo ... just say the word and we'll be one step closer to the only pot we haven't won in THE GOOD LEAGUE

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

baza Rakus wrote: »
    I can feel it coming in the air tonite ... UEFA cup tie tonite against Sa-Sa-Sassuolo ... just say the word and we'll be one step closer to the only pot we haven't won in THE GOOD LEAGUE

Arrgghhh!!! Ohrwurm!! cue trumpet roll...su su sassuolo.

Here is my revenge

Arrgghhh!!! Ohrwurm!! cue trumpet roll...su su sassuolo.

Ooft. I see your 50/50 cash back and raise you ...

oh ... well nothing it seems cos

"You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user. "

Curses.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

Celta Vigo beat Juventus 1 - 0 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Semi Final fixture.
    Insigne had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Piatti was on the scoresheet for his side.

Makes up for my crap league form

• Advertisement

Not making it easy for myself in D3

Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat to Swansea City in their Division 3 fixture.

They all count ...

Swindon Town outclassed Rangers and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Yarmolenko scored the winner for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

gerp99 wrote: »
    Celta Vigo beat Juventus 1 - 0 in their THE GOOD LEAGUE Shield Semi Final fixture.
    Insigne had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Piatti was on the scoresheet for his side.

Makes up for my crap league form

Trophies over league position every day for me.

Unless that league position is 1.

Juve clawing back - got a point - looks like it's Pats to lose now tho.

May all come down to the top of the table clash (televised exclusively on NAVAN COMMUNITY TELEVISION)

UEFA cup second leg for my Barca next ... comfortable after leg1 so going for it

Trophies over league position every day for me.

Unless that league position is 1.

Juve clawing back - got a point - looks like it's Pats to lose now tho.

May all come down to the top of the table clash (televised exclusively on NAVAN COMMUNITY TELEVISION)

UEFA cup second leg for my Barca next ... comfortable after leg1 so going for it

could get relegated at this rate

Celta Vigo outclassed Dnipro and beat them 4 - 0 in their SMFA Shield Round 1 Leg 2 fixture.
    Konoplyanka scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Matić and Insigne were also amongst the goalscorers.
    Celta Vigo went through 4 - 3 on aggregate.

I am def a cup side! Pretty happy with the comeback :D

8-2 win against Leeds but Higuain picked up another ban. Gonna have to bring him to anger management!

Nice win but just cant shake off that Roma team!

Swindon Town outclassed Newcastle United and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Corchia and Müller were also amongst the goalscorers.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Nice win but just cant shake off that Roma team!

Swindon Town outclassed Newcastle United and beat them 4 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Corchia and Müller were also amongst the goalscorers.

Sure as long as we both get promoted who cares who finishes top :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Manchester City outclassed Everton and beat them 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Cerci scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Gómez and Fernández were also amongst the goalscorers.

It was nice to gain relatively swift vengeance after the cup semi final defeat.

I'm now part of a group of three teams who are all five points behind the leaders St. Pats. I'd love to remain in the hunt for the tiitle for the rest of the season as it certainly wasn't what I was expecting at the start (:pac:), but a top four finish, and Champions League football, would also be a fantastic achievement for a side who were in Division Three not so long ago.

Come on City!! :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

A 4-0 win over Shelbourne for my first match in charge of Bayer Leverkusen :)

Have managed to bring in Salah & Ansaldi so far need to pick up a few more faces to strengthen the squad though.

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »
    A 4-0 win over Shelbourne for my first match in charge of Bayer Leverkusen :)

Have managed to bring in Salah & Ansaldi so far need to pick up a few more faces to strengthen the squad though.

Good stuff. Should have a few loan players for you if you need em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

After tonights 5-1 win over Viking FC, we are 1 point behind league leaders FC Koln, can it be done?

4 Gameworlds checked .... 4 losses ... think Il'll stop checking now

Swindon Town slumped to a 1 - 0 defeat against Chelsea in their Division 3 fixture.
    Rondón had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Manchester City beat Manchester United 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Pizarro was on the scoresheet for his side.

Claudio Pizarro, the man who has had a pretty poor season despite a promising pre-season, makes himself a Manchester City legend after an 88th winner against the Rags. :pac:

Up into second now, and hanging onto St. Pats' coat tails for dear life!! :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Claudio Pizarro, the man who has had a pretty poor season despite a promising pre-season, makes himself a Manchester City legend after an 88th winner against the Rags. :pac:

Up into second now, and hanging onto St. Pats' coat tails for dear life!! :D

I had one eye on your game and was already celebrating when it went 0-1 right at the end. well done. I still have to play Barcelona, Juventus and Ajax ... so it is far from over.

I had one eye on your game and was already celebrating when it went 0-1 right at the end. well done. I still have to play Barcelona, Juventus and Ajax ... so it is far from over.

I've got Ajax up next at home! :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've got Ajax up next at home! :D

A draw would cement second place for you :p

I could be going down again!!!!!!!! :(

The big one up for me next. IN a season where terrible form has left me with little left to play for, a chance to impact the title race and (maybe, almost) be in with a chance of champions league foot next season is someting to try for. But can anyone stop the unstoppable Pats Title Train??

• Advertisement

The big one up for me next. IN a season where terrible form has left me with little left to play for, a chance to impact the title race and (maybe, almost) be in with a chance of champions league foot next season is someting to try for. But can anyone stop the unstoppable Pats Title Train??

I'd rest your players for this one and concentrate on Sunday's game. :P

Definitely nervous about this game .. on the wrong of a drubbing at the start of the season.

Advertisement