Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well done Swindon! Dunno how I lose to those unmanaged teams with the team I have but it's happening a lot this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Beat Forest 4-2.

Bayer Leverkusen are Division 4 Champions! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

After loosing the the D3 play-off 2 years running Swindon made 100% sure of promotion this Season by Winning Division 3 outright.

Swindon Town beat Werder Bremen 3 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.
    Camacho scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Müller and Yarmolenko were also amongst the goalscorers.

Swindon manager Jean-Marc Bosman has now managed the D3 and D4 titles with 2 play-off final thrown in in between.

He had nothing but praise for the Roma manager who, once they secured promotion, ran Swindon Close for the Crown of D3 champions.

PS: Drogheda, did you manage to stay in D2 to resume our rivilary? ;)

Colemania wrote: »
    Well done Swindon! Dunno how I lose to those unmanaged teams with the team I have but it's happening a lot this season!

Happened to me a fair bit last 2 season causing me to miss out on the automatic places in those seasons

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    PS: Drogheda, did you manage to stay in D2 to resume our rivilary? ;)

Finished 14th, so it begins again :pac:

Ended the season with a derby.

Drogheda United beat Dundalk 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Rodriguez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Vucinić was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Record crowd watches Drogheda United. 21,919 fans turned out to watch Drogheda United against Dundalk breaking the previous home record attendance.

Time to start seeing where I can improve going forward. Would appreciate a few risers in the next two weeks :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Drogheda United beat Dundalk 3 - 2 in their Division 2 fixture.

Even on Soccer Manager it's great to see Dundalk lose! :D :pac:

The offer for Shinji OKAZAKI of 1. FSV Mainz 05 from Drogheda United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Tiote and 400k going to the external club in exchange. Okazaki just raised to 89 and I'd seriously worry Tiote is about to drop, given Newcastle's skin-of-their-teeth survival in the league. Okazaki might be linked with Leicester, but he was 4th top scorer in the 2014 clanader year in the Bund League.

Fabian Johnson with a +1 to 88 this morning....and I put him up for sale two days ago to raise funds for another player :pac: Off the list he comes.

With that rise now, there's only one player in my first team under 88 rated, which I'm thrilled with; won't have to rely as heavily on loans next season to fill holes in my team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

If people really want Diego Costa your gonna have to bend over and stop offering me useless defensive mids, I have plenty.

New athletico manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

JamboMac wrote: »
    If people really want Diego Costa your gonna have to bend over and stop offering me useless defensive mids, I have plenty.

New athletico manager.

It's Atletico. There's no H.

The natives will be restless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

baza Rakus wrote: »
    It's Atletico. There's no H.

The natives will be restless.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who picks up on that every time!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Anyone looking to offload a central defender rating 90 or above? Hearts in Division 2 trying to improve my awful defence? We concede far too many goals.

Look again when they do Spain. If Siqueria doesn't go up you can have him.

Well done to Schalke for winning the Divvy2 playoffs. Portsmouth must be gutted at being in top two so long then losing out.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Anyone looking to offload a central defender rating 90 or above? Hearts in Division 2 trying to improve my awful defence? We concede far too many goals.

I'm Man City, and even I don't have a 90+ rated centre half!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm Man City, and even I don't have a 90+ rated centre half!!

And yet you have the meanest defence in Division 1. How do you do it?

Fire and skill.

Kolo Toure and Gaspar Mario join Drogheda United during the break.

Vurnon Anita has left the team.

And as of now, I can now field a full team of 88s without needing loans :D First time I've been able to say that since I took over :pac:

Carlos ZAMBRANO has completed his move to Swindon Town from Olympique Marseille for 7,300,000

Many thanks to L'OM... Thankfully Bernard Tapis is long gone and no bribes were required

Now just sit back and watch the cash roll in :p

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 10,908 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 26,636.

Oh and. ...

Swindon Town (Jean-Marc Bosman) have managed to sign Wahbi KHAZRI from Girondins Bordeaux on a deal believed to be around 1,300,000 plus Ladislav KREJCÍ.

• Advertisement

Move on UP!!!:)
    Now just sit back and watch the cash roll in :p

Your chairman has increased the capacity of the Stadium by 10,908 seats. The new capacity has now increased to 26,636.

First of this seasons loanees in the door....

The loan offer for Sebastian RUDY of Barcelona from Swindon Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed

A Message to you Rudy: Get a haircut and play some football. I spent the summer of 1990 in Swindon. The Stone Roses, Italia '90 and mental locals. It's fair to say it made me the manager I am today. Hopefully Rudy-Boy will return from The Old Town ready for the Barca first team. Kinda.

The loan offer for Sebastian RUDY of Barcelona from Swindon Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed

The loan offer for Charlie AUSTIN of Ajax from Drogheda United has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

The loan offer for Adnan JANUZAJ of Olympique Marseille from Drogheda United has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Just need to nab myself a backup defender now, and I'm all set :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Baz,

Iv applied for the mighty shels if that's ok? I fancy a good challenge!

Second Loanee in the door ...

The loan offer for Jordan AYEW of Juventus from Swindon Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Aaand the final loanee

The loan offer for Gueïda FOFANA of Juventus from Swindon Town has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

The deal involving José FONTE has collapsed as the player refuses to sign for Shelbourne FC.

For real wee man? OK then ...

Shelbourne FC have made a loan offer to Barcelona for José FONTE . Loans are season long but the loan can be terminated freely by either club at any time. A player who is out on loan has their wages paid 50% by the parent club and 50% by the club the player is at.

The loan offer for José FONTE of Barcelona from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Sap.

baza Rakus wrote: »
    The deal involving José FONTE has collapsed as the player refuses to sign for Shelbourne FC.

For real wee man? OK then ...

Shelbourne FC have made a loan offer to Barcelona for José FONTE . Loans are season long but the loan can be terminated freely by either club at any time. A player who is out on loan has their wages paid 50% by the parent club and 50% by the club the player is at.

The loan offer for José FONTE of Barcelona from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The loan deal has been completed.

Sap.

He did well for me last season in D3. Should be a giant in D4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Baz,

Iv applied for the mighty shels if that's ok? I fancy a good challenge!

Good to see all of the LOI teams managed :) Shels were once on the cusp of Division 1. Queens Park down in Division 4 were one match from winning Division 1 of the GOOD League too

Advertisement