Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Derry aren't managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

The inbounds keep on coming :p

Sebastian JUNG has completed his move to Swindon Town from VfL Wolfsburg in a swap deal for Pereira NALDO and Simon TIBBLING

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Derry aren't managed.

Ok ... all LOI teams in the 26 counties ......*switches off the interweb and runs&*

Ok ... all LOI teams in the 26 counties ......*switches off the interweb and runs&*

That's shockin. Poor Stroke City.

Shame they lost their manager when they did, but my god he gave them a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Last piece of the puzzle for the Eriksen deal with St Pats on the verge of completion.....

Eriksen going to St Pats in exchange for not 1.......not 2........not 3.......but FOUR players! :eek:

Patrick Bamford
    Antonio Rudiger
    Marc Bartra
    Saul Niguez

Join the AS Roma crew :cool:

• Advertisement

Blimey. I hope the three of those players I've never heard of turn out to be good acquisitions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

After 2 days shelbourne welcome 16 new players to the club. Mixture of talent and nationalities but I want to keep an irish presence at the club as well.

Blimey. I hope the three of those players I've never heard of turn out to be good acquisitions!

Bamford - Chelsea loanee scoring goals for fun at championship level and was player or even young player of the season in the Championship this season. 17 goals for a 21 year old ain't half bad! Fully expect him to move to a mid table Premiership team this season.

Rudiger - Absolute tank of a defender for Stuttgart and definitely going to get a move to a big club in the next season or 2. Future german defender also and already has 6 caps.

Bartra - I imagine this is the fella you know. 16 starts for Barca and definitely a future Barca centreback when Mascherano leaves.

Saul Niguez - Absolutely brilliant player and recently called up to the Spain squad. Going to be one of Atletico's key players next season

Newcastle are linked with Bamford ... make of that what you will :P

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Newcastle are linked with Bamford ... make of that what you will :P

Damn might as well write him off now!

• Advertisement

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y!

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y!

I'd say McLaren will do a Pardew in that Pardew signed all french men whereas McLaren will more than likely try sign mostly British players. May not be the best policy the way England are playing.....

Colemania wrote: »
    Bamford - Chelsea loanee scoring goals for fun at championship level and was player or even young player of the season in the Championship this season. 17 goals for a 21 year old ain't half bad! Fully expect him to move to a mid table Premiership team this season.

Rudiger - Absolute tank of a defender for Stuttgart and definitely going to get a move to a big club in the next season or 2. Future german defender also and already has 6 caps.

Bartra - I imagine this is the fella you know. 16 starts for Barca and definitely a future Barca centreback when Mascherano leaves.

Saul Niguez - Absolutely brilliant player and recently called up to the Spain squad. Going to be one of Atletico's key players next season

Aye Bartra I know from Bale skinning him in the Copa final. The other maybe gonna bees will have to see. Good Luck, I hope they rise.

One of my hopes for the future Andrew Ayew signed for fcuking Swansea. Talk about a step down in the world. I suppose the hope is he'll do well and get his big move to a CL club like that Bony chap. OH, hang on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Aye Bartra I know from Bale skinning him in the Copa final. The other maybe gonna bees will have to see. Good Luck, I hope they rise.

One of my hopes for the future Andrew Ayew signed for fcuking Swansea. Talk about a step down in the world. I suppose the hope is he'll do well and get his big move to a CL club like that Bony chap. OH, hang on ...

Apparently he was offered to every club in the Premier League. His dad and agent is none other than Abedi Pele .. which I am sure you already knew

There will be no further transfer activity @ Swindon ... other than the signing of Meunier :)

Thomas MEUNIER has completed his move to Swindon Town from Club Brugge KV for 6,128,000 plus Bruno NAZÁRIO and Greg KILTIE

There will be no further transfer activity @ Swindon ... other than the signing of Meunier :)

Thomas MEUNIER has completed his move to Swindon Town from Club Brugge KV for 6,128,000 plus Bruno NAZÁRIO and Greg KILTIE

Swindon all set to bounce all the way to Divvy1 in a single season then??

Swindon all set to bounce all the way to Divvy1 in a single season then??

Took 4 seasons to get to D2 from D4

Safety has to be priority.

T -39pts

Swindon Town outclassed Olympiacos and beat them 4 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Rondón was impressive and scored a hat-trick, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Wanyama was also on the scoresheet for his side.

With the capacity going up this was on I was expecting...

Record crowd watches Swindon Town. 22,617 fans turned out to watch Swindon Town against Olympiacos breaking the previous home record attendance.

T -36pts

Swindon Town outclassed Aston Villa and beat them 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Rondón scored both of the goals for Swindon Town and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

3 nil win for newly promoted roma to put us joint top with Swindon! The battle recommences!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Forgot to post this here:

On Friday, I received a club message:
    St. Patrick's Athletic have offered Antonio DI NATALE to Manchester City for 2,780,000.

I figured that a 90 rated striker (albeit a dinosaur) for 2.7m is still an absolute bargain so, within minutes of seeing the offer:
    The offer for Antonio DI NATALE of St. Patrick's Athletic from Manchester City has been accepted.

And then, today:
    Antonio DI NATALE has completed his move to Manchester City from St. Patrick's Athletic for 2,780,000

:D :pac:

Cheers for that Ricky. That was a pleasant surprise. Even if I get only one season out of him at that price he'll still be well worth it! Of course, he could well opt to play again for another season meaning I could get at least two seasons out of him.

Great acquisition, could well turn out to be garymacesque ...
    Wilberto wrote: »
    Forgot to post this here:

On Friday, I received a club message:

I figured that a 90 rated striker (albeit a dinosaur) for 2.7m is still an absolute bargain so, within minutes of seeing the offer:

And then, today:

:D :pac:

Cheers for that Ricky. That was a pleasant surprise. Even if I get only one season out of him at that price he'll still be well worth it! Of course, he could well opt to play again for another season meaning I could get at least two seasons out of him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Drogheda vs Swindon.

The rivalry resumes :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Drogheda vs Swindon.

The rivalry resumes :P

Just like the old days ...

Swindon Town outclassed Drogheda United and beat them 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Rondón scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Töre was also on the scoresheet for his side.

:P

Barcelona beat Real Madrid 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.

Ronaldo scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Reus was also on the scoresheet for his side. Crackin' match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Not a bad start.

Atlético Madrid beat Celta Vigo 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Costa scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Talisca and Pérez were also amongst the goalscorers.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Not a bad start.

Atlético Madrid beat Celta Vigo 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Costa scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Talisca and Pérez were also amongst the goalscorers.

Crackin' match and all!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Manchester City beat 1.FSV Mainz 05 5 - 1 in a thrilling SMFA Shield Group D encounter.
    Valbuena scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Belhanda and Chiriches were also amongst the goalscorers.

2 wins out of 2 in the Europa League!

Also, Riccardo Montilivo has asked me in private if he could be allowed to leave to as he's in decline (just got a decrease to 90) and would like to settle down in a nice little town where he can play regular first team football. Of course, with me being such a nice guy, I found it impossible to turn down such a request so he's essentially available for face value of 7.6m (although I'd like it if you were to round it up to 8m in order to satisfy inner OCD self :P).

Of course, if there are several offers then I'll choose the team that needs him the most.

If there are no offers then I guess he'll just have to continue being a City fringe player. :(

Wilberto wrote: »
    2 wins out of 2 in the Europa League!

Also, Riccardo Montilivo has asked me in private if he could be allowed to leave to as he's in decline (just got a decrease to 90) and would like to settle down in a nice little town where he can play regular first team football. Of course, with me being such a nice guy, I found it impossible to turn down such a request so he's essentially available for face value of 7.6m (although I'd like it if you were to round it up to 8m in order to satisfy inner OCD self :P).

Of course, if there are several offers then I'll choose the team that needs him the most.

If there are no offers then I guess he'll just have to continue being a City fringe player. :(

8m? Can I pay in 80 weekly installments?

• Advertisement

8m? Can I pay in 80 weekly installments?

Computer%20says%20no.gif

Sorry. I did try! :D :pac:

Advertisement