Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

T -14pts ...

The match ended 2 - 2 between Swindon Town and Tottenham Hotspur in their Division 2 fixture.
    Yarmolenko and Maggio were amongst the goalscorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Barcelona beat Juventus 3 - 2 in their Division 1 fixture. Reus scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance. Suárez was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Three wins on the bounce. And beating the leaders. Sweeeeeeeet.

They came to play rugby, we came to play football. Football won.

Get In!!!

The chairman has decided to invest a further 54,422,486 into Swindon Town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Get In!!!

The chairman has decided to invest a further 54,422,486 into Swindon Town

Woah! I on the other hand.......
    The chairman has decided to invest a further 6,887,392 into AS Roma.

Colemania wrote: »
    Woah! I on the other hand.......

Sell me some players :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Sell me some players :p

I'll have a look and get back to you......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The chairman has decided to invest a further 53,094,412 into Drogheda United.

tumblr_mod5t740ek1s5tlmxo1_400.gif

This is incredible. After working with such a small budget for ages, it's time to start splashing the cash :pac:

Great to see Swindon and Shelbyville getting dirty oil money injections after all these years battling on the investment sidelines! The final push needed to boost into Divvy1??

My sincerest apologies if my shortlisting of dozens of players is clogging up anyones streams :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Second in the league, but still

The chairman has decided to invest a further £19,820,341 into Manchester City.

Given that City are an English club, one can only presume that that's sterling, which means I've actually received €27,903,736.08. :D :pac:

• Advertisement

Pre-investment, I decided to swap Vucinic for Gomis. Had also swapped Zoet and Amos for Romero, which will hopefully be good since he's now starting for Man United in the real world.

Post investment...

3 bids I had sitting in for near 17 hours all got new bids this morning and all accepted before I could adjust the bid :mad: That said, all three bids lost to people who offered double (max?) value, and I've no intentions of getting into bidding wars for anyone. Want the cash to go as far as possible.

One bid got turned down and rejected by an unmanaged team :confused:

On the successful side though...

The offer for Ricardo KAKÁ of Orlando City SC from Drogheda United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

My first 90 at Drogheda United. Even if he drops a bit, he'll be better than most on the team :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pre-investment, I decided to swap Vucinic for Gomis. Had also swapped Zoet and Amos for Romero, which will hopefully be good since he's now starting for Man United in the real world.

Post investment...

3 bids I had sitting in for near 17 hours all got new bids this morning and all accepted before I could adjust the bid :mad: That said, all three bids lost to people who offered double (max?) value, and I've no intentions of getting into bidding wars for anyone. Want the cash to go as far as possible.

One bid got turned down and rejected by an unmanaged team :confused:

On the successful side though...

The offer for Ricardo KAKÁ of Orlando City SC from Drogheda United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

My first 90 at Drogheda United. Even if he drops a bit, he'll be better than most on the team :P

I just asked people nicely for players :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I'd like it to be known that if any of these new wealthy clubs would like to help out shelbourne we are definitely not too proud to refuse!!!! 😊

I'd like it to be known that if any of these new wealthy clubs would like to help out shelbourne we are definitely not too proud to refuse!!!! 😊

Who've ya got thats worth buying:p

I just asked people nicely for players :p

Hehe, part of the fun with Drogheda is I'm enjoying scouring externals for players worth investing in. Usually get them cheap enough and has gotten me up to the top half of Div 2. I'm sure some might sell me good players for cash, but I am enjoying seeing can I get as good a player but at a better price :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hehe, part of the fun with Drogheda is I'm enjoying scouring externals for players worth investing in. Usually get them cheap enough and has gotten me up to the top half of Div 2. I'm sure some might sell me good players for cash, but I am enjoying seeing can I get as good a player but at a better price :D

My systems has me ONE PLACE ABOVE YOU ...:D

Swindon have strengthened in 2 key positions:

Asmir BEGOVIĆ has completed his move to Swindon Town from Barcelona for 10,000,000 plus Jesse BERTRAMS

Aleksandr KOKORIN has completed his move to Swindon Town from Olympique Marseille for 10,000,000

ROLLING THRU SWINDON IN A WHITE HUMMER LIMO WITH GOLD RIMS BLARING "SPLASHING THE CASH" OUT OF THE SPEAKERS. BITCHES AND EVERYTING.

THERE'S A NEW SWINDON IN TOWN ... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

The chairman has decided to invest a further 44,969,684 into Bayer Leverkusen.

I must be valued :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

FC Koln are unmanaged and are keeping 2 points ahead of me all season.

Pricks :pac:

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »
    FC Koln are unmanaged and are keeping 2 points ahead of me all season.

Pricks :pac:

Local derby no wonder they're doin all to stay ahead!

Vedran Corluka, Daniel Cailiguri, Oguzhan Ozyakup and Mikel Merino all on their way to Drogheda.

Ricardo Carvalho off to Bayer Leverkusen.

And Ribas Diego off to Ajax. That one frustrates me if I'm honest; Ajax already have 13 players 90 or over, and only moved for Diego when I put the bid in :( Did ask maybe to reconsider that bid, but guess I'm obviously seen as competition and gotta stop me nabbing those 90s :P

T - 11Pts

Ko.Ko.Riiiin!!

Swindon Town outclassed Olympiacos and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Yarmolenko scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Kokorin and Beñat were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Manchester City outclassed Manchester United and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Savić had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Cerci and Belhanda were amongst the goalscorers.

A win over the Rags to bring us to within touching distance of The Old Lady after they struggled to just about manage a draw at Sporting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Shelbourne are 5 points clear in div 4 with just over half the season gone-I'm enjoying this game world! :)

T -8pts

Swindon Town beat Aston Villa 2 - 0 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Zambrano scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Yarmolenko was also on the scoresheet for his side.

T -8pts

Move on ... didnt happen!

Swindon Town slumped to a 3 - 0 defeat against Drogheda United in their Division 2 fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Have the champions ever been relegated the following season?????

Maldjd23 wrote: »

They have on boards league ... back-to-back champs to D2 contenders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Might be joining you at this rate..

Advertisement