Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mr.Chong Magoo

swoody wrote: »
    doesnt matter, if you believe we should have a cap why haven't you sold player here to get to a "respectable" number? you've had milan for 3 years and i'd say you've added more the sold. double standards....

I never said I believe in a cap.

Why have I not sold?
    Because I want to dominate this gameworld forever.
    Because I want Milan to dominate this gameworld forever.
    Because I busted my chops for 3 years building this beast from mere scraps like what your going to attempt to do.
    Because I want to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

I never said I believe in a cap.

Why have I not sold?
    Because I want to dominate this gameworld forever.
    Because I want Milan to dominate this gameworld forever.
    Because I busted my chops for 3 years building this beast from mere scraps like what your going to attempt to do.
    Because I want to win.

great, i hope it works out for the both of us.

Emmmmm,

i need a striker, fancy selling me Huntelaar? 20M? :D

great, i hope it works out for the both of us.

Emmmmm,

i need a striker, fancy selling me Huntelaar? 20M? :D

You don't need a striker.
    You have Costa and Cristaldo
    and plenty os future stars in Sanabria,Bakkali and Neilton......your flying mate,thats a good start.Next season put two of them kids with 20m and ye might get Huntelaar.Mad how things change.Keep the faith.Its a marathon not a sprint.

You don't need a striker.
    You have Costa and Cristaldo
    and plenty os future stars in Sanabria,Bakkali and Neilton......your flying mate,thats a good start.Next season put two of them kids with 20m and ye might get Huntelaar.Mad how things change.Keep the faith.Its a marathon not a sprint.

i think i'll stick with Kalou up top..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Newbie question again but is a season in soccer manager about 6 months or a year?
    Also, during the real footall season, are player stats updated each week?

• Advertisement

Newbie question again but is a season in soccer manager about 6 months or a year?
    Also, during the real footall season, are player stats updated each week?

its about 19 weeks 3 days long, you get 2 SM seasons in one full real season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

doesnt matter, if you believe we should have a cap why haven't you sold player here to get to a "respectable" number? you've had milan for 3 years and i'd say you've added more the sold. double standards....

Oh hoooooooooo!!! Bullets riddling him, he flops from side to side, reeling about, lost, in bits... :D

If you said anything about Jesus,its blasphemy.If you so much as draw Mohammed your dead but yet youz talk about my religion freely......leave it out.

If you said anything about Jesus,its blasphemy.If you so much as draw Mohammed your dead but yet youz talk about my religion freely......leave it out.

I haven't a ****ing clue what you're on about buddy

Keep it up!

MILAN is my religion.I practice it every day and twice on Sunday.

Please don't feel free to speak about my religion.

• Advertisement

MILAN is my religion.I practice it every day and twice on Sunday.

Please don't feel free to speak about my religion.

I got censored! hahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!

Superb

As for your religious delusion buddy - keep it up.

It's only a fudging game after all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I'm going away for a few days and won't have access to a computer. I won't be able to set up or confirm my team for the match on Sunday. What happens in this scenario? I'm newbie manager of Heart of Midlothian, Division 4.

Best to just pick the team as best you can, and set up 3 subs to swap out after 60 mins. Then you hope for the best.

If a player is injured or not match fit the SM bot will auto select someone in his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Thanks. It will be my second game in charge so hopefully I'll be forgiven if we get beat. And if we win, then happy days :)

What is the deal with players being loan listed, then when I go to offer a loan it says they can't be or aren't available for a loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭circadian

What is the deal with players being loan listed, then when I go to offer a loan it says they can't be or aren't available for a loan?

How many players do you have on loan at the minute? I'm not sure if you can loan from teams not in the league.

circadian wrote: »
    How many players do you have on loan at the minute? I'm not sure if you can loan from teams not in the league.

I had 3, that might have been a problem, but most of them it just says their club chairman won't allow the player to go out on loan. Just seems a bit stupid that players like that can show up on the loan list.

Also, can young players improve by getting first team action or will it only be their morale that goes up with the ratings being entirely dependent on their real form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I had 3, that might have been a problem, but most of them it just says their club chairman won't allow the player to go out on loan. Just seems a bit stupid that players like that can show up on the loan list.

Also, can young players improve by getting first team action or will it only be their morale that goes up with the ratings being entirely dependent on their real form?

Entirely on real life performances

bazarakus wrote: »
    I got censored! hahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!

Superb

As for your religious delusion buddy - keep it up.

It's only a fudging game after all!

Thats it Bazurkus to be killed by stoning at noon tomorow

Some managers don't know that their chairman will not allow the player to go out on loan....

nuts but true

• Advertisement

Some managers don't know that their chairman will not allow the player to go out on loan....

nuts but true

I meant from the perspective of the developers, as in why allow a user to loan list when the chairman won't allow it anyway.

6 bids accepted, 5 89s and an 88 to add to my 3 loan signings, watch out Div 3, here I come ;)

The offer for Dieumerci MBOKANI of Dynamo Kyiv from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mame DIOUF of H. Berlin from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Juan VARGAS of ACF Fiorentina from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Diego BENAGLIO of Wolfsburg from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Michal KADLEC of Leverkusen from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Valon BEHRAMI of Barcelona from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

I meant from the perspective of the developers, as in why allow a user to loan list when the chairman won't allow it anyway.

Ahh good point

6 bids accepted, 5 89s and an 88 to add to my 3 loan signings, watch out Div 3, here I come ;)

The offer for Dieumerci MBOKANI of Dynamo Kyiv from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mame DIOUF of H. Berlin from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Juan VARGAS of ACF Fiorentina from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Diego BENAGLIO of Wolfsburg from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Michal KADLEC of Leverkusen from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Valon BEHRAMI of Barcelona from Shelbourne FC has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Well done mate,hit the ground running,before the rest jump in.

"You can never buy any players in THE GOOD LEAGUE"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭circadian

Bugger, guess I'll be aiming for second place although a playoff is more realistic unless Villa have a cracking season this year (and the developers keep stats up to date).

6-2 away win against Patrick Thistle. My loan signing from Barca scored a hat-trick on his debut :pac: delighted!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

0-0 draw against Derry.

Happy enough. As far as I know, my first game against another human manager, and manage to keep the points gap open with that result...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Real betis 1-4 Lyon.

I am now only one point behind leaders Man utd!!!!

• Advertisement

Always tough v Remko

Mr.Magoo steered AC Milan to victory against PSV.
    AC Milan outclassed PSV and beat them 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Terry had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Pirlo was on the scoresheet for his side.

Advertisement