Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Manager: THE GOOD LEAGUE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭RickyOFlaherty

despite 7 games unbeaten .. Pats are still 18 points behind Liverpool ... think it is a bridge too far for Pats this season despite a 5-3 win against Reggina (5 -0 up at half time, bit of a second half collapse).

Looking at Liverpool's result, I find it hard to believe that they trashed Inter so easily last night with basically their B team (Allen etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭circadian

0-0 draw against Derry.

Happy enough. As far as I know, my first game against another human manager, and manage to keep the points gap open with that result...

yYeah it was a cagey affair. Your attack is pretty good but my counter wasn't good enough to nick anything. On a run of drawn games. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

It's Liverpool's season. Win when they play well, win when they play average, but always win. That's league winning form that is.

Milan if they can string a run of wins will push them close.

Division 2 on the other hand...much tighter there ... united and Lyon to make automatic promotion spots??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Whoever had Galatasaray last must have been good, the team ahead of me have much better quality then my guys.

• Advertisement

Whoever had Galatasaray last must have been good, the team ahead of me have much better quality then my guys.

Gala haven't had a manager in over three years mate. And they've never had a manager for longer than 27 games. Sleeping Giant To Awake!

Oh right, still don't understand how they are just behind a team with a much higher quality squad.

At the moment my plan is to go against the grain and recruit quality players nearing the end of the career so that I can do well in my first season.

Most of the top young talent is snapped up anyway, with people much less likely to sell them than even established players, well that's the way it seems so far.

Also, anyone with 89-90 rated defender regardless of age I have money to shpend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Also, anyone with 89-90 rated defender regardless of age I have money to shpend.

So it's you I'm in a bidding war with :p

I saw 'im first! :P

• Advertisement

I saw 'im first! :P

You've probably loads of money and you'll win it east. I could only bid the minimum amount, blew the rest of it already :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

bazarakus wrote: »
    Division 2 on the other hand...much tighter there ... united and Lyon to make automatic promotion spots??

Dundalk might have something to say about that,but i fancy my chances,ah its nice to finally have a decent team to manage. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looking for a CB 89 minimum.

Man City

Gotten an offer for a friendly a day before a competitive game. Should I only play second string players to keep em happy? I assume playing first team players they mightnt recover in time?

Gotten an offer for a friendly a day before a competitive game. Should I only play second string players to keep em happy? I assume playing first team players they mightnt recover in time?

friendlies are risk free they dont damage your players health or tire them out.

You've probably loads of money and you'll win it east. I could only bid the minimum amount, blew the rest of it already :(

Argh they took your offer! Really wanted that chap!

EDIT: Just looked at your team there, were you cockblocking me?!

I hope Mark Lawrenson says "You can't win anything with pensioners!" about my team, it'll spur them on.

The deal involving Galatasaray SK and Javier ZANETTI of Lyon has been rejected. Lyon want to see how the player develops over the coming years.

Argh they took your offer! Really wanted that chap!

EDIT: Just looked at your team there, were you cockblocking me?!

Cockblocking? You lookin to ride him? No wonder he chose the mighty Shels :D

The deal involving Galatasaray SK and Javier ZANETTI of Lyon has been rejected. Lyon want to see how the player develops over the coming years.

:)

• Advertisement

Lyon 5-3 Sunderland.

I have now over taking manchester utd to sit in 1st place...oh yes i do like this. :D

Lyon 5-3 Sunderland.

I have now over taking manchester utd to sit in 1st place...oh yes i do like this. :D

Jaysus I thought you lost your marbles, then realised what thread we're in.

Shels beat Derry City in a thrilling 3-2 encounter :)

Won my first two games but both against computer-managed lower down teams so not that great. Today I won 5-3 and I defo need to make a big splash on a goalkeeper. Current lad is 83!

So yea, goalkeeper hunting.
    Look forward to my first loss in a friendly against Lyon (toppadaleague) in a couple days.

Lyon 5-3 Sunderland.

Sunderland manager has the best username in the game

Sunderland manager has the best username in the game

I dont get it,whats the pun???

I dont get it,whats the pun???

Say it out loud in response to someone asking you to sell them your best player.

Say it out loud in response to someone asking you to sell them your best player.

no f******* chance. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

no f******* chance. :D

hmmmmm!

haven't a Kalou what your on about so doesn't Mata :cool:

Just saw I got a weekly score. What is the range of a good score and does it matter at all in the world?

• Advertisement

Just saw I got a weekly score. What is the range of a good score and does it matter at all in the world?

Good question, I'm not sure myself. Some weeks I get like 300 but others like this week I get 1000

Advertisement