Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating not working in Odeon Castletroy?

• 04-04-2013 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

I was there six weeks when the heating was broken ago and didnt mind it because the screening was full.
    However i was there again last night at a quieter showing and my gf and i almost had frostbite coming home :(.

In fairness we were told before purchasing tickets again the heating was broke but six meets is a joke.

Its a shame because i really like to see the five euro Wednesday night promotion continue but i sure wont be going again until the heating is fixed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It has been much longer than 6 weeks. I always bring a coat with me just in case.

A few weeks ago I went to a movie where the screen was like an sauna at the start and a freezer at the end - pretty ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You know that still frame (with the smiley guy) that appears on screen before every movie asking for feedback? Here is the link. Hopefully the feedback goes to head office and not Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Lol, that cinema has never been at a proper temperature since it opened as Storm. It's too hot in summer and freezing in winter. And it's always been that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

I stopped going to storm because of it but i was there (screen 7) for the first time in years and it was grand Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ugh this again , a new thread about this pops up every couple of weeks ....Come in warm clothes, Or....go to one of the other 2 better cinemas in the town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I filled in a feedback form to the manager via Facebook a few months ago - he called me back about it and explained that previous owners fitted an internal Aircon system externally - hence the issues. The price to resolve is huge he says - anyway he posted me out a load of free vouchers - we just wore our coats in there and enjoyed the free films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I havent been there in a few years, when you're buying a ticket and you're told "if the cold is too unbearable just come out for a refund" its not a good sign. go to showtime its only a few mins out the motorway and its much nicer and cheaper.

Advertisement