Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MASSIVE difference in cost of exact same prescription between pharmacies!!!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

You are correct I've just checked the box, but wife needs to check with her doctor as the prescription according to the pharmacists label on the current box is for 26 tablets??

Maybe check with the pharmacy first? Could be as simple as they were short two tablets on the day, though most likely that would have been pointed out to you if it were the case. Either way probably easily solved by the pharmacy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    ... Why would a pharmacist take two from a 30 pack? That means he has to add them to another pack which makes no sense....
    You'll have to ask the pharmacist that question I'm afraid.

A times I've had the "off-cuts" dispensed to me as part of my monthly prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

mathepac wrote: »
    You'll have to ask the pharmacist that question I'm afraid.

A times I've had the "off-cuts" dispensed to me as part of my monthly prescription.

That was a rhetorical question. They would never take two out to convert a 30 pack to a 28. They would chop two out of a 28 day pack to make up 30 tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

percy212 wrote: »
    Someone offered to create a site like pumps.ie ...
    Maybe I will set it up myself. Easy enough....
    Pumps only list 2 items, petrol & diesel. If all pharmacies just sold asprin & paracetamol you could fairly compare it to pumps.ie

People have tried to get supermarket price comparison sites online for ireland before and failed. I think some people were asked to leave when spotted recording prices in supermarkets. And these prices are freely up for all to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

That was a rhetorical question. They would never take two out to convert a 30 pack to a 28. They would chop two out of a 28 day pack to make up 30 tabs.

Not true, this can happen. For example if a patient is on six medicines of which five come in packs of 28 and one comes in a pack of 30, or if a doctor prescribes 28 tablets of an addictive painkiller which comes in a pack of 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

penguin88 wrote: »
    Not true, this can happen. For example if a patient is on six medicines of which five come in packs of 28 and one comes in a pack of 30, or if a doctor prescribes 28 tablets of an addictive painkiller which comes in a pack of 30.

True. A proper pharmacist would ensure an even amount of each medicine is given and add tablets as required. The exception being controlled drugs which are strictly limited by what the doctor writes on the script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

True. A proper pharmacist would ensure an even amount of each medicine is given and add tablets as required.

Again, not true. Why add two tablets to five boxes of medicine rather than remove two tablets from one? That's involves increased tampering with ordinary packs as well as increased risk of an error occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭nunn351

I think this new Pharmacy is the way forward , where you pay an annual €25 and prescriptions are less than half-price .

Only problem is that they are in Dublin only .- Think they are called Healthwave in Dundrum

Advertisement