Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Dog Clippers

• 04-04-2013 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if these are any good?
    At €13.99, might be worth a punt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Do you have any more info? Picture?

Do you mean a nail clipper or a hair clipper? With hair clippers (for grooming) you tend to get what you pay for. A good clippers will set you back over 200 quid so I wouldn't put much faith in a 14 euro one.

If its a nail clippers just make sure its sharp enough to cut the nail rather than crushing it which will cause splintering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Agree. Decent clippers are expensive. I have several. The cheap ones won't last very long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hair clippers for 2 small dogs.
    Just wondering would you get a few cuts for bothh dogs out of it?
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-1F46B1E3-AFDE078E/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/offerdate.htm?offerdate=30251

do you know how to groom? I have seen people cut dog's open with clippers so be careful. You'd pay a lot more than the price of a groom to get a lacerated wound stitched!

You might get a few cut's out of it but how smooth it would be, I couldn't say. If you know what your doing then the worst you'll end up with is a bad cut and down 13 quid so if you have the money to spare give it a shot.

Let us know how it is if you try it.

Not new to grooming.
    Just gone through loads of dearer clippers.
    Ones for about €70.
    Might be worth a go for the price.

• Advertisement

It might be, but I could see it blunting after the first cut or 2.

Irishchick wrote: »
    It might be, but I could see it blunting after the first cut or 2.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
    I'll give them a go anyway I think, just to see how good/bad they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

blade1 wrote: »
    Not new to grooming.
    Just gone through loads of dearer clippers.
    Ones for about €70.
    Might be worth a go for the price.

Decent clippers would set you back over €200 euro and then there is extra for the blades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Maybe if you do go to a groomer, then these could be used for a tidy-up now & again e.g. around the face, paws, etc.

Agree that a good set of clippers are expensive but well worth it in the long run.

I started off with a cheap set and I just stressed the dogs out. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I prefer to spend the money once and have done with it. I've got clippers that cost me £120. Blades are another £35-40 depending on where got, grade and finish. I've got about £200 worth of clipper blades alone. Add to that the cost of sharpening, clipper oil and clipper wash, it does add up.

But - it's saved me loads of dosh in the long run, so it's money well spent. I have a furball baby who needs to be clipped at least monthly! I'm just about to clip him now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement