Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on radio right now - ecigs discussed on today fm - Update: It's now over -

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

Who's that auld fecker on talking ****e?

ah, it was a guy called Luke Clancy from Tobacco Free Research Institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Professor Clancy...

The show is over now, going to update topic header.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Luke is the go to guy for all addiction discussions. Hes been on the frontline about alcohol marijuana heroin and ecstasy at different times.
    He used all the phrases from the anti memo, don't know, might allow people to avoid quitting, might attract kids bla bla bla.
    He did concede that nic is no more harmful than caffeine which the supposedly pro ecig guy didn't.
    I'm more annoyed at the vaper ireland guy tbh. He is obviously a cigalike wholesaler and we all know their agenda is to be treated as cigarettes not as an alternative.

At least the issue is out their, well ecigs as an issue, there was no mention of the TPD and how it threatens ecigs apart from a reference to the Economist article.

By the way this tobacco free thing? I thought smoking was different from tobacco untill you lit it, they seem to be using tobacco free and smoke free interchangeably. Moving target or goalposts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The one evening I wasn't listening.

I see e-cigs in general as a replacement for cig's, a way to make it easier give up, get off the stinkers. It's worked well for me.

I would never have thought of 'vaping' if I never smoked in the first place. And I don't get why some non-smokers begin vaping. Just the way i see it, everyone's entitled to their own view I guess.

I have to be honest here, at first I thought ecigs and non smokers - never! But when I think about it, a 0nic ecig is a good idea for young people who are coming under some peer pressure to smoke.
    Then their are people who don't smoke yet , better start with an ecig than a silk cut.
    I don't see anyone going from GVC to Amber Leaf rolies. Thats why the 'only tobacco and menthol' thing is a fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

To be honest you can see where their coming from when they say “where not banning e-cigs just making it medicinal”. We are the big losers in devices, juice and cost.

Do the politicians actually know that vv mods, ego’s, Provari’s, bulli’s and drippers actually exist? All I can see them doing in this directive is taking out the small players and stopping them from getting any bigger, and the ejuice users (us) and replacing them with the already established tobacco companies that will flood the market if this is passed. Out of 12 other people I know that vape only one uses an eGo C, all the other 11 use cigalikes and none of them knew about this directive (would any of us had known were we not members of forums and using mods and not cigalikes) and don’t seem to mind as long as they can get their ecigs they don’t care if its medicinal or not, so we are only a minority of the total vaping community.

I can see not too long after they get their way e-cigs will be available OTC and the EU will have set out to do what it intended to do all along and keep the markets closed to all but the suppliers of brown envelopes. Also cant see the price of e-cigs and carts going up at all because it’s fairly dear as it is, but our way of vaping will be practically wiped out, don’t think any Big T companies are too interested in making Viva Nova’s because the majority of us will either go back on the fags or use their new ecigs so it’s a win, win for them.

And who is to say with Big T taking over the markets and they start competing against each other for the market share, and with big investments in R&D to outdo each other what improvements in cigalikes will bring, wont be what we want or are using, but might in time help people quit tobacco altogether for the new improved cigalike market. But bottom line for me is, if given a choice I’ll stick to my Zmax and ET Vision and 30ml bottle of juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    To be honest you can see where their coming from when they say “where not banning e-cigs just making it medicinal”. We are the big losers in devices, juice and cost.

Do the politicians actually know that vv mods, ego’s, Provari’s, bulli’s and drippers actually exist? All I can see them doing in this directive is taking out the small players and stopping them from getting any bigger, and the ejuice users (us) and replacing them with the already established tobacco companies that will flood the market if this is passed. Out of 12 other people I know that vape only one uses an eGo C, all the other 11 use cigalikes and none of them knew about this directive (would any of us had known were we not members of forums and using mods and not cigalikes) and don’t seem to mind as long as they can get their ecigs they don’t care if its medicinal or not, so we are only a minority of the total vaping community.

I can see not too long after they get their way e-cigs will be available OTC and the EU will have set out to do what it intended to do all along and keep the markets closed to all but the suppliers of brown envelopes. Also cant see the price of e-cigs and carts going up at all because it’s fairly dear as it is, but our way of vaping will be practically wiped out, don’t think any Big T companies are too interested in making Viva Nova’s because the majority of us will either go back on the fags or use their new ecigs so it’s a win, win for them.

And who is to say with Big T taking over the markets and they start competing against each other for the market share, and with big investments in R&D to outdo each other what improvements in cigalikes will bring, wont be what we want or are using, but might in time help people quit tobacco altogether for the new improved cigalike market. But bottom line for me is, if given a choice I’ll stick to my Zmax and ET Vision and 30ml bottle of juice.

also you forgot to say....vapin at the mg you like...18 mg for me.got it...love it...feck em!!
    think i will have to buy a load of nic if need be
    and make my own...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

If people want to hear this - you can listen back

Its very end of part 2 start of part 3 on the last word show for yesterday

http://media.todayfm.com/listenbacks/popup

Very poor discussion in my opinion - Matt Cooper seemed to be the best informed of the three. They need to get someone like tommy2bad from here on there I think.

I vote that everyone should email them !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Have to say that the vendor came across pretty poorly. Not impressed with the doctors attitude either

RY$ Radio is a vaping related internet radio show and last night this episode went out. Last hour or so is exactly the type of thing we need to hear on radio.
    Anyone who thinks that the media put any effort into covering ecigs should listen to this and see how big the gap between the media we get daily and special interest media. Now it's possible for me to find this why cant the big players with their research teams do it?

Relevant bit is at about 1.45 and heres the link;
    http://www.mixcloud.com/alltah/ry4-vaping-radio-with-matt-russelldave-dorn-kev-and-jan-from-vp-live-dr-konstantinos-farsalinos/

• Advertisement
Advertisement