Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ISSF targets

• 04-04-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Does anybody know where to get ISSF 50m rifle targets (like these) in Ireland?
    They don't have to be ISSF approved but must match the size etc...

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

damanloox wrote: »
    Does anybody know where to get ISSF 50m rifle targets (like these) in Ireland?
    They don't have to be ISSF approved but must match the size etc...

I don't think there's anywhere in Ireland that sells them. IIRC DURC gets them from the NSRA and jumps through hoops to minimize shipping (e.g. I think a few reams were brought back by a member who happened to be driving back from the UK). The shipping is what normally makes the price so unbearable.

How many targets do you need? Do you want the 6 bull cards or the fan-fold ones for boxes?

Also: invest in these or these if you are using them for training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

IRLConor wrote: »
    How many targets do you need? Do you want the 6 bull cards or the fan-fold ones for boxes?
    I was hoping to get 250 at least... And yes - the price for the targets is not that bad - it's the shipping that makes it very painful...
    Also: invest in these or these if you are using them for training.
    Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

Take a photo of that target and then copy it to a word doc and resize until it's correct and print off as many as you need. It would surely do for practice shooting.

Just an option :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

damanloox wrote: »
    I was hoping to get 250 at least... And yes - the price for the targets is not that bad - it's the shipping that makes it very painful...

Yup. I was going to say that if you were only looking for a few you could probably get some 6 bull cards from DURC but they probably wouldn't sell you 250 even at their cost price due to the hassle of getting more.

I presume the 6 bull cards are the most convenient? I'll keep an eye out for them.
    clivej wrote: »
    Take a photo of that target and then copy it to a word doc and resize until it's correct and print off as many as you need. It would surely do for practice shooting.

Just an option :)

If you're doing that, it's easier to use the SCATT software to print out the target since it knows what size to make it (and it can scale it to another range if you want to, say, shoot a 50m diagram on a 25yd range).

The only problem with this solution is that printer paper doesn't really tear the way a proper card does so it can be difficult to tell what the actual score is when it's a 9.9 or a 10.1. Also, you can't reliably patch them, so you're going to have to print out a lot of targets. If you have a printer that's cheap to run that's not too bad but you could easily burn a lot of ink/toner. Run the numbers first. :)

Advertisement