Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire road/Clarence street

Options
  • 04-04-2013 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the logic behind the lights at this and the harbour entrance junctions?

They seem to hold one side on red whilst the opposite direction is green.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

It could have originally been to deal with the larger one direction flow that could come in/out of the harbour when the HSS is running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    It could have originally been to deal with the larger one direction flow that could come in/out of the harbour when the HSS is running?

I thought that, but traffic coming from the harbour is stopped as is traffic coming from seapoint.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Been quite a few crashes there over the years at that junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The lights used to change sequence timing around the times the ferry was due so that's a separate issue I reckon.
    Could be to allow a free turn into the harbour without backing up traffic from when volumes were higher.

I remember that junction used to annoy me hugely when on the 7, the timings are terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Could it be related to the cruise ships that'll be coming in through Dun Laoghaire?

There'll be extra coaches heading off on tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Doubt they would change the sequence for boats that arrive so infrequent

Advertisement