Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk drives question

Options
  • 04-04-2013 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have windows 7 installed on my SSD. I have a hard drive for everything else. My question is, how can I have my E drive (my 1TB hard drive) be the default for program files etc.? As of now it is empty of course, but I want to install everything else on my E drive, not my C drive (My 60gb SSD).

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

bano360 wrote: »
    I have windows 7 installed on my SSD. I have a hard drive for everything else. My question is, how can I have my E drive (my 1TB hard drive) be the default for program files etc.? As of now it is empty of course, but I want to install everything else on my E drive, not my C drive (My 60gb SSD).

There are registry hacks to do this, but Microsoft does not approve of them. There is also the possibility of causing compatibility issues with some installers/programs if the default is changed.
    You can easily change the drive letter during install by clicking browse and manually changing the C: to E: which is what I do, see here if you want to change the directory by editing the registry. Just read what Microsoft has to say first, see here.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bano360

Thanks very much. Manually done it is.

Advertisement