Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry food without chicken

• 04-04-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭

Are there any dry foods out there that 100% do not have chicken in them for between 30-40euro (preferably 15kg bags)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Philip82

Rommie wrote: »
    Are there any dry foods out there that 100% do not have chicken in them for between 30-40euro (preferably 15kg bags)?

Id say the majority:pac: Ingredients are printed on the back of every bag so it shouldnt be too hard. I have a dog here on Red Mills Winner (chicken and rice)
    its a 15kg bag 36euro but I know they do a beef flavour aswell. I can reccomend these as the dog here is jumping out of her skin and she has a lovely shiny healthy coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

You'd be surprised. I've only found a few so far that don't have chicken in them. Red mills Winner beef has poultry fat listed as an ingredient. Needs to 100% chicken free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

what about a salmon and potato food? Are you near the border? Pets at Home do their own brand, Wainwrights. Could be worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Barking Heads Fusspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Barking Head 'Good Hair Day' doesn't have chicken either. It's lamb and trout. My two love it.

• Advertisement

Where's the best place to get Barking Heads? Seen it on zooplus, but it seems to be small bags only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

You can get it on amazon subscribe and save. Think its £38 for a 12kg.

ISDW wrote: »
    what about a salmon and potato food? Are you near the border? Pets at Home do their own brand, Wainwrights. Could be worth a look.

Salmon and potato would be perfect, but sadly I'm nowhere near the border :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Skinners' Field & Trial - duck and rice, lamb and rice or salmon and rice. All €30-40 incl. delivery from Amazon or www.vetuk.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Barking heads is great, no chicken at all, took me a while to find one that suits my dog. I buy on amazon, use subscribe and save option to get a Reduction on price, 12kg bag does my two for about 3months, don't need a lot of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

Where's the best place to get Barking Heads? Seen it on zooplus, but it seems to be small bags only.

petfood depot on the belgard road in dublin sells it

Barking heads is pretty expensive tbh for a 12kg. I'm looking for something between 30-40euro and a 15kg. It's to feed three dogs (ranging from around 40-58kgs). I have a feeling its just wishful thinking to think I'll get something for that price that would suit them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Skinners is in that price range.

No, I'm not a rep! :D

The skinners is coming out at 45euro with postage and packaging from Amazon! Is that right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

The skinners is coming out at 45euro with postage and packaging from Amazon! Is that right?

Directly from Amazon it should be ~€25 incl. shipping.

Sometimes if Amazon don't have any in stock themselves a 3rd party seller may offer it at a higher price.

If you subscribe & save your are always guaranteed delivery of your food at whatever time you set.

Is it only with the subscribe and save that you get free shipping?

EDIT- Never mind, didn't realise it had to be over £25 to get free shipping. Might give it a go and see how they get on with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Is it only with the subscribe and save that you get free shipping?

EDIT- Never mind, didn't realise it had to be over £25 to get free shipping. Might give it a go and see how they get on with it

You can set up the subscribe & save, place the order to get the extra 10% and then cancel the subscription in a few days. They don't mind.

I have done this a few times on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

I ordered this for my dogs last week,

http://www.slaneypetfoods.ie/index.php/dry-food/

They are 3 fussy eaters and I was unsure of it when it arrived (it's hard and crunchy) but they love it, they fight over it and can't wait to be fed, have a clean bowl since :)

My bigger dog gets fed raw as she can't digest dog food, leaves her coat shiny and her teeth are spotless, its not too expensive if you know your local butcher and less waste to clean up ;)

They just finished a bag of it Wizard01, something in it has made their allergies flare up again :( They were fed raw all along but my housemate's hours at work are being cut down so she can't afford to keep it up for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

http://www.wafcol.co.uk/wafcol-adult-dog-food-range.php#1

op i got this one in petmania before if you're near a branch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement