Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countdown tattoo to a new way of life

Options
  • 04-04-2013 7:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭

Haven't had any tattoos previous but was thinking of getting tiny numbers tattooed on my foot. Starting at 0 and then 1 and 2 and so on each representing a month of a new way of life for me. How would this working with a tattooist. Would imagine its a small job each number but would need to go every month. Would they do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bulky Boy wrote: »
    Haven't had any tattoos previous but was thinking of getting tiny numbers tattooed on my foot. Starting at 0 and then 1 and 2 and so on each representing a month of a new way of life for me. How would this working with a tattooist. Would imagine its a small job each number but would need to go every month. Would they do it?
    Can't see why not. Don't people go in for 10 minute treble clef jobs and the like all the time? I'd imagine it's bread and butter type work in an average studio.

Best of luck with the changes.

;)

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Bulky Boy

endacl wrote: »
    Can't see why not. Don't people go in for 10 minute treble clef jobs and the like all the time? I'd imagine it's bread and butter type work in an average studio.

Best of luck with the changes.

;)

But it's pricey like 100 an hour. Would they take 20 for 10 mins work?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I don't know. I'm not an artist. Phone a couple of studios and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Nope majority of studios have a minimum price, there set up time etc taken into account. On average its about 80 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nope majority of studios have a minimum price, there set up time etc taken into account. On average its about 80 euro.

Is it 80 now? Always had the minimum charge as 60 in my head.

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    Is it 80 now? Always had the minimum charge as 60 in my head.

Yeh I still think you can get it done for 60 but afaik most reputable studios have upped it to around 80 euro, prob will still get some for 60.

But no way 20 euro, your paying for the artist time and knowledge, stencils, prep time etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 79 ✭✭Bulky Boy

Yeh I still think you can get it done for 60 but afaik most reputable studios have upped it to around 80 euro, prob will still get some for 60.

But no way 20 euro, your paying for the artist time and knowledge, stencils, prep time etc.

Yeah but then it's pricey if I get one every month I'm thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Maybe if you chat to the studios you could work out some kind of repeat business deal depending on the studio but unless you get 3 months worth done in one go it could well work fairly expensive for you.

Tell me about it, tattoo's are never cheap.

As the saying goes

Good tattoo's aren't cheap, cheap tattoo's aren't good.

But as P1 said if that is what you want done maybe your best off waiting a few months and getting a few done each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

My friend got a piece of script done by Fran in Zulu for 60 around Christmas. I imagine if you chat to a studio, someone will be happy to work out a deal.

With my piercings I constantly get discount for getting 2/3 done at once, so I don't see why people wouldn't apply the same concept to tattoos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

accident.png

My friend got a piece of script done by Fran in Zulu for 60 around Christmas. I imagine if you chat to a studio, someone will be happy to work out a deal.

With my piercings I constantly get discount for getting 2/3 done at once, so I don't see why people wouldn't apply the same concept to tattoos.

Like I said some studios will probably still do for 60 ;).

You can't really apply the same logic to tattoo's as you do for piercings though because in general there cheaper and quicker to do. Most tattoo studios have a minimum cost for a reason. No harm in trying to work out a deal but I can't imagine you will get a good studio willing to go as low as 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The reason studios do a minimum charge is because they still have to use the same amount of equipment, set up the studio, break it down, etc etc. It's not just go in, stick a needle in and you're done. It takes a lot of prep work, even for a small tattoo. I'm sure places would do a deal with you, but probably not til you've gotten a few of them done, to prove that you're actually going to keep going back to them, ya know?

Why not just wait X amount of months til you have the numbers you want covered/done in your life, and then get it all in one go?

I will say that I got one small number (22) done on my ankle about 4 years ago, it took fifteen minutes, is about an inch high, and cost 100 euro, so you won't get it as cheap as 20 euro per number because of the reasons I outlined above, along with the ones Marty outlined.

Advertisement