Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Dread Out" - PC

• 04-04-2013 8:00pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So, I'm not entirely sure how much is 'known' about this upcoming title considering any searches of it mostly result in pages related to removing dread locks (Hair issues) :pac:

So, figured I'd post here, much like I did with "The Cat Lady" beforehand.

Seems the PC is going to be getting a taste of Fatal Frame'esque horror from an Indonesian Indie Company ("Digital Happiness" as far as I remember) in the form of Dread Out - Youngsters, phone-camera, ghosts trying to nibble your face.

Gave it a solid go earlier and must say it's got a nice atmosphere and creep factor - I also assume it's going to be a FTP Horror (Not certain about that, could be wrong) but either way it's going to be worth a look for Horror fans, especially those who may not have had the pleasure of playing the Fatal Frame series of games.

Threw up a video of 'half' the demo for those looking to get a visual idea of what it runs like (Smooth as silk) - If not, can download and play for yourself right here:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dreadout/downloads/dreadout-demo

It'll take about 10minutes of your time to get through it, unless of course you're the type who get's too creeped out and 'walks' through it checking every corner of the level with your little camera out of fear :p

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I imagine it'll be a very short game. Just look at how much she uses the flash light and the camera on the phone. Your battery won't last 30 minutes at that craic.

Advertisement