Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit in cork city

Options
  • 04-04-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering where the best place to buy a wetsuit in the city is?

It will be used for kayaking and water skiing, so full lengthy 3mm would be fine I think. Not looking for anything expensive just beginner type if thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

If you wait for a few weeks, lidl and aldi will be doing them no doubt.

Otherwise, please Matthews, union Chandlers, bandon kayaks... They'll all have suitable ones.

The co op in carrigaline have a stack of 3mm suits going cheap but I have no idea what the quality is like

My top tip is buy the tightest one you can fit in if you'll be in the water for any length.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

mawk wrote: »
    If you wait for a few weeks, lidl and aldi will be doing them no doubt.

Otherwise, please Matthews, union Chandlers, bandon kayaks... They'll all have suitable ones.

The co op in carrigaline have a stack of 3mm suits going cheap but I have no idea what the quality is like

My top tip is buy the tightest one you can fit in if you'll be in the water for any length.

Actually had the lidl one before and found it fine, misplaced it since though. Will have a look in union chandlers as its not too far from where I work, thanks!

What would you say would be a reasonable price for entry level wetsuit? Think the lidl one was about 40ish a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

CH Marine just off the kinsale road roundabout (across from topaz) sell wet suites.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

My daughter has one for sale used only twice suitable for 18 year old
    if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Aren't there different wet suits for kayaking and surfing ? Something to do with wind block , normal suits are warm in the water , but you'll freeze in the wind ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »
    Aren't there different wet suits for kayaking and surfing ? Something to do with wind block , normal suits are warm in the water , but you'll freeze in the wind ....

That makes sense, will have to ask inside the shop. Matthews in cork is supposed to be good I heard, might give that a go.

Hughowen could you pm me details of the suit, make, male or female, size, price etc thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

I have an xl male wetsuit- tried on once and never used.... 40 quid if u like?

all_smilz wrote: »
    I have an xl male wetsuit- tried on once and never used.... 40 quid if u like?

Thanks but looking for something smaller!

PM sent Bill

hughowen wrote: »
    PM sent Bill

Nothing in my inbox hughowen

• Advertisement

Try this way instead, don't know if it's allowed to advertise on this page

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/watersports/4510428

Advertisement