Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accredited Technician

• 04-04-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

My 46" LCD has stopped working, it is 20 months old.

I have been in touch with the retailer and they have advised as it is now out of the 12 month guarantee period, before they would take any action, an independent report will be required.

They said:

'If I am confident that it is a manufacturing fault, please arrange for an accredited technician to carry out an inspection and give you a report and forward it to us'.

I have no idea where to find an Accredited Technician nor how much a report would cost.

Can anyone recommend someone in Meath/Louth or North Dublin please.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not really your problem tbh. Since its before 2 years send them a nice registered letter telling them that due to Irish consumer law you were sold a product not fit for purpose. They can either repair, replace or refund. Otherwise you will be lodging a claim with the small claims court for the TV repair plus expenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They're giving you the runaround. Ask them for a list of 'accredited' technicians in the area, that will call their bluff. If they say it's up to you to find one, ask them what accreditation body needs to certify the individual i.e. exactly what level of 'accreditation' are they looking for, I'd love to hear the answer to that.

They can't insist that you produce a report from an accredited person without telling you the minimum level of accreditation that they will accept.

To my knowledge there is no formal accreditation involved, anyone can carry a toolbox and call himself a TV 'engineer' so they are probably talking BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

They probably just mean qualified to a certain level e.g. City & Guilds etc. Either way as was said above you have a 2 year warranty under consumer law so before getting into registered letters and court maybe it's best to remind them of this and see what happens.

What are the symptoms of the fault by the way ?

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Just to update, I brought the TV to a TV repair shop, the guy gave us the report which I sent to the retailer.

The retailer has refunded me the cost of the report and said we can pick a new TV to the value of the original TV or add money to it and get a dearer TV.

It took a long time but finally a result and hope to have a new TV by the weekend.

(ps, just realised I made a typo in my OP, my TV was 30 months old not 20 months)

Advertisement