Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ratings for e-stop contactor

Options
  • 04-04-2013 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

just sitting an exam in fas and its coming to an end soon.
    one of the panels im wiring has 2 rcds one 3ph and one single ph for various sockets
    then i have a contactor for the use of an emergancy stop for these sockets.
    the equipment fas supply is very poor and i have finished wiring the panel now but am a bit concerned if the ratings are correct.
    what we are supplied with is 63amp switch fuse feeding 40amp contactor witch then feeds a 63amp 3ph rcd and a 63amp single ph rcd.....
    surley the 40amp contactor sud be 63amp.
    could sombody give an opnion on this coz failing is not an option for me here and fas will fail even if this is the equipment which is supplied for us .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

You would expect anything in the board which will be in effect, conductors backed by 63A fuses would be rated to the same alright.

If they only give you smaller contactors, but you think they are too small, what do they expect you to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

There testing ya bruthal its a test;);)

What sort of test is it, general knowledge?

everything to do with electrical installation from pricing to designing circuit layout to the actually wiring of the job:)

Calgary22 wrote: »
    everything to do with electrical installation from pricing to designing circuit layout to the actually wiring of the job:)

I know, the general knowledge one was a fr ted thing:)

• Advertisement

ohrite sorry dont no what father ted is before my time i would say:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

i see what you did there

inx27q.jpg

see what who did?:o

Advertisement