Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America safe this summer?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Do people reckon america might be safe to travel to this summer with a possible war on the horizon??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What war? You mean Korea?
    Safe as any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

silja wrote: »
    What war? You mean Korea?
    Safe as any other time.

yea if Korea start lanching off missles willy nilly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I don't think nukes are something you have to worry about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Their rockets cant reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

They won't. Not sure how old you are but if you remember the Cold War, this is similar... it's all grandstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

phishcakes wrote: »
    Do people reckon america might be safe to travel to this summer with a possible war on the horizon??

You could get hit by a bus tomorrow! I've travelled to America regularly for the past 13 years and have been there through all kinds of panics, terror threats etc and nothing happened! Still here, still safe.

When in doubt don't but I wouldn't let it stop me travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If Nth. Korea launches any kind of attack against Sth. Korea or the US or any of it's territories, they will be swiftly wiped out by superior forces, hence the consensus in the media is that they will not launch an attack, its all bluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I would have no worries at all. Hell id even visit South Korea if I had too. The North cant do any damage to mainland USA and they know if they launch so much as a firecracker at the south, the US or any of her military bases they will be sent back to the stone age (if they are not there already).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

We're in Seattle, which is probably a prime target but the feeling is there's no chance North Korea could manage to hit anything.

They're weak, undernourished, vitamin deficient (you'll never see a north korean over about 5 foot 6) and stuck in the 1950's. It would be a short war. For example the South Korean defense budget is larger than the entire GDP of the North.

And China has way more in common with South Korea now than it does with the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jonny_D

InTheTrees wrote: »
    We're in Seattle, which is probably a prime target but the feeling is there's no chance North Korea could manage to hit anything.

Funnily enough, when they released the photos with the big map in the background showing the US targets, Seattle wasn't marked.
    Maybe Kim Jr. is a SeaHawks fan. :)

Although they also showed the paths the missiles would take as being in a straight line. Maybe when they find out the Earth isn't flat we'll be in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Jonny_D wrote: »
    Funnily enough, when they released the photos with the big map in the background showing the US targets, Seattle wasn't marked.
    Maybe Kim Jr. is a SeaHawks fan. :)

Although they also showed the paths the missiles would take as being in a straight line. Maybe when they find out the Earth isn't flat we'll be in trouble.

Well I know. And in that case after Alaska we're probably next in line. He may want to avoid a mis-hit on Vancouver though? Everyone likes Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Anti-missile defense systems in Guam and Alaska, Stealth fighters on standby in South Korea......if North Korea launched anything, it would never reach US soil.

It would also be the provocation required to give the US undisputable cause to finally wipe out the regime in North Korea.

There is also the small fact that, despite what the Koreans say, they don't have a missile capable of reaching the continental US (except perhaps the Alaskan coast)......the last time they tested their long range missile, it failed and crashed into the ocean after about 30 seconds. Their previous missile test have also proven quite inaccurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

All this diminutive idiotic egotist's rantings are for home consumption. Unless he's a nut job. If he is, he's still a few thousand miles short

Advertisement