Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SO4046 Quant methods for sociology

Options
  • 04-04-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Is anyone else doing this module and tearing their hair out :mad: It is the worst module I have had in UL. The lecturer (who is now on sick leave) said at the beginning that they were thinking of changing it. GO AHEAD. It isn't working. Stats needs more work then showing students once how to do it and then moving onto SPSS. Teach one or the other!!! Today ALL of the students in class voiced how bad it is. Even the business/economic students who are already doing stats as part of their course are having trouble with this. Imagine how the other students who don't have stats are feeling. Need a miracle or an I-grade to buy some time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Hey, I did this module almost three years ago and failed, barely passed the repeat.

My only advice is to make it known you're having difficulties asap. I pretended I was fine with it and paid the price.

You can get grinds in it if you're very stuck. Martin Power helped me out for the repeat, thankfully, otherwise I'd have failed again.

Don't know who's there now but if you as a class think you're being left in the lurch than get your class rep to take it further.

Best of luck. SPSS is horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Christ I hope they change it alright,
    Will be having it next year otherwise :/

Advertisement