Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Ranges

Options
  • 04-04-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

This question probably has been asked a million times but here i go anyway :)

I want to shoot some rifles any calibre but there are no ranges near me in the laois/kilkenny area and im 16 have the safety course done and i dont want to be purchasing membership as i have spent nearly everything on an air rifle i am wait for the licence atm!

I knows theres Hilltop,Courtlough and National Shooting Centre of Ireland but they are too far away!Need something closer alot closer and btw National Shooting Centre of Ireland is over hour from where i am which is too far! :)

Any suggestions welcome and appreciated :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Here are all the ones I know of: http://www.shooting.ie/

I'm guessing Harbour House is the closest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭misses with rifles

theirs harbour house near athy but i think you have to be with a member to shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Perfect thats in athy where the gun shop i go to is might take a trip when i pick up my gun!Its says .22 Small Bore for non-members anyone been or know much much it is? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭misses with rifles

yeah its ten euro for non members for the day but im not sure if you can shoot without a member with you
    if you look up their website theirs contact nos they can set you right

Ye will contact dem thanks lads :) Sum1 needs to set up a range in kilkenny or laois haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

you need to be a member to shoot at HH or have a member bring you the member can only bring you once or twice then you need to get your own membership. membership is 350 a year and there is a 100 joining fee you also need insurance to shoot on the range which is 50 a year

so thats 500 euro for the first year :eek: thats alot haha thanks for the info :)

there is student rates ring and have a chat about it.

juice1304 wrote: »
    there is student rates ring and have a chat about it.

I was pm and theres no problem in having a few shots sometime!Ye ill find out about the student rates aswell! :)

Im surprised at the ranges here because though you could fire rifles no problem or mabye handguns and semi autos like in the states but its the complete opposite!Any1 ever been to the ranges there? :) say there good craic you'd get to shoot some nice guns and have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

Hey shooters, I shoot 12g clay and .22 rifle in Courtlough. I want to move up to .223 & shoot at at least 100m. Does anybody know of any target ranges of 100m+. I know about midlands shooting centre but it's way to far as I live in Kill on the Dublin side of Kildare. I visited Harbour hill as they are licenced for rifle up to .308 but their range is only 50m which kind of defeats the purpose. This quest for a decent .223+ rifle range is starting to look like a lost cause.Thanks in advanced for any info.

• Advertisement

The midlands is the closest to you the only other one i can think of off the top of my head is on riocht in in kerry. There is no point in getting a gun chambered in anything big unless you have a long range to shoot it over otherwise you are going to be paying E2 a round for the same thing you will be doing with your .22

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

Agreed. Useless having a .223 on a 50m range. Disappointing. Thanks.

Advertisement