Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perth and west coast

Options
  • 04-04-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi I. Heading over to perth for the month of June to a mate but was hoping to spend two weeks doing the west coast towards the end of my visit. Wondering is there anyone else or any group doing anything similar. Was just looking at keeping down costs or has anyone done a 2week trip before that wud have an idea of a travel plan. Thanks in advance. I'm a 31 yr old male.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

just follow this itinerary for travelling north of perth..its pretty much the stuff you want to see (you can skip exmouth btw) defo spend 2 or 3 days at coral bay, the reef is amazing. http://www.aussiewanderer.com.au/9-or-14-day-broome-tour/itinerary.html
    south of perth - esperance & margaret river are worth a trip too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I wouldn't skip Exmouth. Amazing place to go to swim with Whale Sharks and the diving from the Navy Pier there is simply spectacular. The National Park is also really nice with some very good snorkelling spots and walks. It's only an hour and a half from Coral Bay anyway.

If you have the time when up North head inland to Karijini National Park. Its an 8 hour slog but well worth it.

Coral Bay is a great spot, swim 20m off shore and you're snorkelling through the reef. If you walk up one end of the beach the current pulls you along the reef to the other end. It's awesome.

Shark Bay is another must see spot. Really really cool. If you stay in Monkey Mia I highly recommend doing any tour with an aboriginal tour guide there called Capes. He is fascinating to listen to and great craic.

Kalbarri is a nice town 6/7 hours north of Perth as well.

Also if you are planning on keeping costs down I recommend camping. The camp sites are mostly of a very high standard and good facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

I did a bus tour from Perth to Margaret River, Albany, Denmark and Augusta. It was fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

Thanks for the advice, anyone here travelling to perth or doing west coast in June..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Shark Bay is another must see spot. Really really cool.

+ 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement