Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser hair removal bikini - recommendations

• 04-04-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Hi,

If its allowed, can some of you ladies give me recommendations on places to get full bikini laser hair removal in Dublin - city centre or north / west side please.

How much should I expect to pay?

Are the group ön type offers any good?

My colouring is appropriate for it.

What should I look for in a salon / deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I wouldn't recommend those deal sites as the majority is for IPL, not laser. The industry s not regulated in Ireland so they can call anything laser.

Therapie use a proper candela machine and are relatively cheap

I'm using Eccles st clinic (near the mater) who charge by time. 50euro per 15m session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi iv started in therapies clinic in molesworth st absolutely excellent I'm dealing with a lovely lady aoife in there.. I'm on my 3 treatment and haven't looked back great job well well worth the money. I paid 640 for 9 treatments. My skin took to it v well and I'm thrilled with the results..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 embireland

frogstar wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend those deal sites as the majority is for IPL, not laser. The industry s not regulated in Ireland so they can call anything laser.
    what is the ipl, does it not work like proper hair laser removal? Is IPL not permanent hair removal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

IPL is intensive pulse light treatment. It's not as strong or as effective as laser

Neither IPL or laser is permanent as hair growth is hormonal so top ups will be necessary.

I wouldnt advise getting IPL

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lainey_b01

Hi, I recommend Urbana . They company have one specialty and that is hair removal http://www.urbana.ie

They have two locations, just off Grafton st and now have a salon in Drogheda.

I did quite a bit of research about the technology in use and customer reviews all of which resulted in selecting Urbana. All the girls there are lovely, which helps a lot when they are zapping away at your bikini line!

They use medical grade lasers. Alot of deals use poorer grade lasers such as IPL and simply will not be as effective.

For my first few sessions I was on the Soprano XL Diode Laser and now I’ve moved onto an Alexandrite machine as my hair is incredibly dark, thick and deep rooted. I'm very happy with my results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

Lainey_b01 wrote: »
    Hi, I recommend Urbana . They company have one specialty and that is hair removal http://www.urbana.ie

Hi Lainey,

Are you still satisfied with your laser from Urbana??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'm very happy with Urbana

• Registered Users Posts: 39 F.A.S.H

That's great, I'm delighted your happy. I've heard good things about there, do you mind me asking how many sessions you had?? Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

3 so far. Remarkable difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I went with Laserway in Dundrum two years ago and had no issues. I think it was the Candela machine that they used.

• Advertisement
Advertisement