Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Vat % do you guys charge for labour and material?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Guys what is the rate ye charge? i have asked a few dudes on here and got a different vat % each time :o i am trying to find out how much i charge for labour and materials for when pricing a job. I have been told 21.5% , 13.5% and 23% which one is right or is there such a thing?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

13.5% for labour and 23% for goods but you don't have to seperate it like that on the invoice.

It's calculated by using the 2/3 rule. If more than 2/3 of the net cost of the job is made up of the costs of materials then you should charge 23% as you are effectively selling the goods.

The opposite applies for labour. For example, if you do a job and the materials costs €200 and you spend a couple of days of labour on the job and charge the customer €400 labour then you should charge 13.5% VAT on the €600, total €681.

In reality, nearly every job you'll do will be 13.5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

If you're registered for Vat you'll be aware of the correct rate.
    If you're not registered, you should'nt be charging Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Calgary22

Great help red sean thanks so much:D

Advertisement