Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.T roles and some advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Lucifer-0 wrote: »
    Does it speed up the application process for the skilled visa if you're currently working in Oz (on a WHV)?

I arrived in Sydney in February, got some contracting work fairly quickly, reckon I wanna stay longer than a year (no interest in farming) so I was gonna apply for the skilled visa, but it's probably gonna take longer than 10 months right so I'd have to go home before I get it?

Could I get a bridging visa or something like that if my WHV was up but waiting on a skilled visa to be processed?

You will get a bridging visa if you make a valid skilled visa application, of course you have to be invited to apply first.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Got this email today. PM me if interested and I'll forward your cv. It's based in Sydney

Hi <Coileach>

I am looking to speak with Test Analysts who have the ability to code within Java within a testing environment and who also have exposure to Linux for a fantastic permanent opportunity within Sydney. Please send me an updated version of your Resume if interested or please feel free to circulate my details to people with relevant skills sets.

Thanks in advance,

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Thanks guys :)

Looks like there is a bit of IT work in Perth if anyone is thinking of moving here

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Does it speed up the application process for the skilled visa if you're currently working in Oz (on a WHV)?

I arrived in Sydney in February, got some contracting work fairly quickly, reckon I wanna stay longer than a year (no interest in farming) so I was gonna apply for the skilled visa, but it's probably gonna take longer than 10 months right so I'd have to go home before I get it?

Could I get a bridging visa or something like that if my WHV was up but waiting on a skilled visa to be processed?
    Hi Lucifer,

The processing time is not any faster for the 189 / 190 visas because the applicant is in Australia at the time of lodging.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

Hi Lucifer,

The processing time is not any faster for the 189 / 190 visas because the applicant is in Australia at the time of lodging.

Thanks Declan.

Do you know if I could get a bridging visa while I was waiting on a skilled visa and my WHV ran up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Thanks Declan.

Do you know if I could get a bridging visa while I was waiting on a skilled visa and my WHV ran up?

Hi Lucifer,

Unfortunately it is not possible to secure a bridging visa if you have lodged a skilled migration 189 / 190 visa and you are coming off of a WHV. You need to either leave the country or alternatively have some other valid visa in place - either a second WHV or sponsorship perhaps...

Regards,
    Declan Clune

Advertisement