Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barking dog

• 05-04-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i have a collie dog , she is 5 years old lovely dog and always barks at any unusual cars or people etc which is a good thing however since she was a pup she has always barked at bicycles and quads etc , she gets very destresed if i even sit on a motorbike or a quad ?? anyone know why this is or how to make her stop it ? it was only this evening that i thought of posting a thread about it :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I have no idea of a solution, but my lab pup gets a bit distressed if I get up on an exercise bike, I'm not sure what it's about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

wheels..it's the wheels..and possibly the height.My dogs get mad when i sit on a horse. Very little you can do about it me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pauric141

yea its a bit strange that it doesnt bark at the tractor or the car ? and even if i start a quad without driving off it barks, its as if she knows its dangerous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭fredweena

I had a horse that was terrified of people on bikes. We reckoned it was because he couldn't see their legs or that the movement was strange to him because it was so level. This post is in no way helpful but you reminded me of that horse.

Advertisement