Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software development, ICT skills/HDip

Options
  • 05-04-2013 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

So I have been looking into these courses and I was hoping someone could provide me with some more information.

Firstly, with the ICT skills course there is an interview and an aptitude test. I was wondering if anybody has gone through this could tell me a bit about what is involved with the aptitude test.

My second question: Is the ICT course and the HDip course relatively the same course?

Any information about either or both courses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I cant provide you with information on those exact courses, other than to say as someone who is finishing a HDip conversion course in IT in Dublin the learning curve is pretty steep and with all the best intentions you are still not as the same level as those who have a primary degree in the subject.

Having read both links they look the same course to me

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Thank for your input, yeah I think they are pretty much the same.

My primary degree was in I.T. originally but graduated way back in 2005!! So, I hope I should be able to handle the learning curve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jpacman

I'm not doing the Software Development but I am nearly finished a Hdip in Creative Multimedia Programming. It combines programming and the creative side of things. There is a steep learning curve with these type of conversion courses but if you already have a background in IT you will be flying it. I suspect its the same with software development. Even if you dont have a background in IT if your willing to work hard for the year its manageable.

This is a link to one of my blogs for anyone interested in Creative Multimedia Programming, it just gives a taste of what some finished projects will look like :

http://creativemultimediaprogramming.blogspot.ie/

Advertisement