Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Subject.

Options
  • 05-04-2013 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this is kind of a double bug.
    On Touch, if somebody on a computer puts a subject line above the post the subject does not appear in the post.

Imaginary example: Somebody posts in Consumer Issues. In the subject line they put 'SORBS'. In the actual post they state 'I will never use them again'.
    On Touch all I see is 'I will never use them again' but I don't know what company they are talking about.

This happens to me occasionally in CI and Bargain Alerts and a few more but I only remembered yesterday when a post appeared in the Galway Forum which made no sense.

Are ye with me so far??

Now! Until the 'new' Touch site my way of trying to work out what was being posted about was to go to the bottom of the page and click on the 'view full site ' (or whatever) link which brought me to the full version of the thread which shows the Subject Line so I could figure out what/where the OP was talking about.
    However with the 'new' Touch site when I click on the full site option I get sent to the 'Latest Posts' part so the thread I was using can an buried anywhere many pages along so I have no real way of finding it.

Sorry bout the long post but I can't think of an easier way to explain it.

Galaxy y. 2.3. Opera if that helps. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hey,

The view full site link bug has been reported previously by Zaph, it's on our issues list.

Post subjects aren't something we display on touch currently but the next time the design is up for tweaking we'll be sure to bring it up.

Thanks

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement