Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What printer/system should a mail order company be using for label printing?

Options
  • 05-04-2013 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm close to the stage where I will start to take orders for my mail order business.

If things work well, and I'm taking 100+ orders a day, what printer/labels do couriers expect you to be using?

I'm going to go and buy a printer soon, would prefer to get the correct one now, rather than get another type of printer in 3 months if the business starts to take off and courier company says I need to use some special labels to make the whole distribution process more efficient.

Thanks in advance for any advice or info you can offer. :)

-W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

For plain address labels, you could get a dymo. Very small, thermal print. Quiet & efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

What courier are you going to use. Fastway and dhl as far as I know give you a label printer if you have a lot of orders going every day. Ring your courier and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi

Have you looked at integrated lables, which prints out of a normal printer, possibley as part of the delivery docket. The label which contains the name and address is then peeled off and attached to the package.

The rest of the page is put in with the goods as the delivery docket or receipt. They are more expensive than standard labels, but if you were to be buying the quantity you are taling about, it might be worth it.

A lot of E-Commerce website providers have this facility as a standard part of their webiste.

Good luck with your business.

Advertisement