Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adiboo in the hotseat

Options
  • 05-04-2013 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Adiboo, kindly take a seat:

hotseat2.jpg

Don't mind the burning sensation, that's just the burning curiosity of everyone here wanting to know all your secrets...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Bring it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Welcome to the party.

Favourite genre of music?
    Top 5 favourite bands?
    Favourite TV show(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Do you have sporting triumphs you are proud of or disasters you would rather forget?

What culinary skills do you possess?

Angron wrote: »
    Welcome to the party.

Favourite genre of music?
    I'm one of those annoying people with no one favourite genre. It all depends on my mood really. Metal, folk, blues, hip-hop, trip-hop, ambient, psy-trance. It's all gravy with me :D

Top 5 favourite bands?
    I'm a massive John Mayer fanboy, so he's been a staple in my top artists for years now.
    I've been listening to a lot of Killswitch Engage recently.
    Clutch, Ray LaMontagne and The Roots would all have to be up there too.

Favourite TV show(s)?
    The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy, Arrested Development (new season soon! :D )

legspin wrote: »
    Do you have sporting triumphs you are proud of or disasters you would rather forget?
    I'm not gifted athletically at all. So unfortunately, there's nothing to be proud of. One disaster that instantly sprang to mind was playing rugby during PE in primary. I somehow managed to get possession of the ball and legged it for the goal line. I thought everybody was cheering me on, but no, they were just screaming at me to run the other way.

What culinary skills do you possess?
    I can work a George Foreman grill majestically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Favourite tattoo you have?

What's next?

Money being no problemo which artist and what tattoo?

Favourite tattoo you have?
    It's a toss up between Louis and Frank I'd say. But whatever one just happens to be my newest one, I tend to gush over for a while.

What's next?
    I want to get a third my right arm blacked out within the next few months and start working on scarring it up. Other than that, I just want to get some filler done to finish off the left sleeve. So just some random small pieces and some lines and stars to join that bad boy together.

Money being no problemo which artist and what tattoo?
    I dunno really. I'm a collector, so I like to have lots of different pieces by different artists rather than just a massive one by the one artist. I would like to get a badass traditional handpoked irezumi piece off a kickass Japanese artist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

What thing annoys you the most?

Where's your favourite city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hello :)

Do you think you'll ever have a normal sleeping pattern?

If someone offered you a million euro to never get tattoo'd or pierced again, would you take it?

If Ray Lamontagne ever plays here again will you come with me?

What country would you really like to visit?

What would be your last meal?

Can I haz a hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Are you a movie buff?? whats your favourite genre/ film?

Do you like stand up comedy?? who's your favourite comedian?

Have you been to any good gigs/concerts recently? what was your favourite gig/ concert you've been to?

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    What thing annoys you the most?
    Animal cruelty. Judgmental people.

Where's your favourite city?
    Of places I went on holidays, probably Budapest. Very cold, impersonal city I thought.

Edit - Woops, read the question wrong! Em, my favourite city was probably Tokyo. Think of the most insane, crazy things and Tokyo is even insaner and crazier. :)

Hello :)

Do you think you'll ever have a normal sleeping pattern?
    It's not looking likely! I'm just after waking up right now :(

If someone offered you a million euro to never get tattoo'd or pierced again, would you take it?
    A million is an awful lot of money. I probably would. What'd happen if I spend it all, and then started getting tattoos again?

If Ray Lamontagne ever plays here again will you come with me?
    Haven't we already made this deal?! :p
    What country would you really like to visit?
    Madagascar, Burkina Faso etc. There's loads actually. I wanna go everywhere!

What would be your last meal?
    A big ass New York pizza. Mmmm

Can I haz a hug?
    Course you can! :D

gregers85 wrote: »
    Are you a movie buff?? whats your favourite genre/ film?
    I'm not so much in to films, I'm much more of a TV guy. My favourite movie though would be Garden State :)

Do you like stand up comedy?? who's your favourite comedian?
    I do indeed. I'm a comedy nerd. Louis CK, Norm MacDonald, Tig Notaro etc. I could go on all day really.

Have you been to any good gigs/concerts recently? what was your favourite gig/ concert you've been to?
    I haven't been to a gig in ages. Last one I was at was The Black Keys in August. Their show a year earlier in Tripod would probably be one of my favourites. Tied with one of the many John Mayer shows I've been to, Jason Mraz and the John Butler Trio. Hard to pick just one!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

If you were to get a portrait of a famous person tattood who would you get? Reason?

Pint or short?

Ever make yourself angel delight for a treat for yourself? :D

niallam wrote: »
    If you were to get a portrait of a famous person tattood who would you get? Reason?
    Meet my left leg :p

228436_10150580636710191_2132287_n.jpg
    254106_10150621913120191_4710399_n.jpg

Pint or short?
    I always hated pints and the like when I was younger. So was always a vodka mix type person. I can appreciate a good pint nowadays though. But I still prefer a nice whiskey :)

Ever make yourself angel delight for a treat for yourself? :D
    I have no idea what that is, haha. So I'm gonna say no! :p

If you could own any animal in the world as a pet, regardless of size, what would you chose?

Would you rather live in a crappy house with a beautiful view, or a beautiful house with a crappy view?

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment

Tell us about your proudest moment

Have you ever been getting tattoo's and reached a point of pain where you've just thought......Why do I do this to myself?

Are there any piercings you'd never consider getting?

Wild night out with loads of friends, or cosy night in with those closest to you?

If you could own any animal in the world as a pet, regardless of size, what would you chose?
    Obviously it'd be a bad idea for countless reasons, but I'd love to cuddle a massive cat. Especially a snow leopard. Look how gorgeous!
    nature-snow-leopard.png

Would you rather live in a crappy house with a beautiful view, or a beautiful house with a crappy view?
    Crappy house with a view any day!

Tell us about your most embarrassing moment
    I can't really think of anything too embarrassing that's happened to me. Either I have no shame, or I've just blocked everything out mentally! I was embarrassed of my Canadian accent when I moved here as a kid though, so maybe I'll count that. Kids can be cruel!

Tell us about your proudest moment
    I did a bungee jump on holidays when I was 12. I was the youngest to do it in the resort up until that time. I was pretty chuffed with myself when I did that.

Have you ever been getting tattoo's and reached a point of pain where you've just thought......Why do I do this to myself?
    The only time I've come close to tapping was getting my finger done. The second the needle hit I wanted out! Luckily it only lasted like two minutes in total or else I would have been out. Everything else has been grand.

Are there any piercings you'd never consider getting?
    Not a piercing, but the only thing I can categorically say no to is a penile splitting... *shudder*

Wild night out with loads of friends, or cosy night in with those closest to you?
    I used to prefer nights out with plenty of alcohol. Much prefer sitting in, chilling with a bowl and some good company these days :)

Ye're going easy on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Do you think you will ever go back and live in Canada or are you a verified Irishman now?

If you were to have a pint what would it be?

Favorite place in Ireland to visit?

Number 1 on your list of places to visit?

Would you or have you ever travelled long distance to get a tattoo?

Favorite food?

Ever been arrested?

Think you'll make good barber?

Do you think you will ever go back and live in Canada or are you a verified Irishman now?
    I'd like to end up back in TO, such a nice city. It'd be a few years before any of that happens though. I gotta sell my house here first, and god knows how long that'll take!

If you were to have a pint what would it be?
    I'd usually take whatevers going, I'm not talented enough to be able to taste the difference really! If I'm ordering a pint I'd go for a Heineken, just for simplicity's sake

Favorite place in Ireland to visit?
    I've only been once, but I'd like to see more of Galway. Seemed like a great city the few hours I was there. Dingle is beautiful too. I'd never pass up a chance to get out there.

Number 1 on your list of places to visit?
    So many places! All of Africa, the Middle East, South America. I'd like to take a few years, go on a badass backpack trip and take them all out in one fell swoop

Would you or have you ever travelled long distance to get a tattoo?
    Furthest I have travelled is to Dublin from Kerry. But yeah, most definitely. I'd love to go back to Japan on a tattoo holiday.

Favorite food?
    Italian. All those delicious cards. Indian is a close second.

Ever been arrested?
    Nope. Closest I've been was guards calling to my house when I was a kid because of a prank phonecall. I wasn't smart enough to set my number on private and the prankee called my phone back. I had one of those joke voicemail messages that you could buy from magazines at the time, I had one that sounded like an Italian-American mobster. The person called the guards because she thought Tony Soprano and his ilk were after her. In fairness she deserved to be pranked if she believed that.

Think you'll make good barber?
    I hope so. Hopefully I'll get there with as many ears intact as possible.

Can I get off now? I'm a bit burnt from this chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Please, you're still pretty rare... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

How do you like your steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have you left someone with a half an ear yet?

What made you want to get into barbering?

Do you like any sports?

When did you first get into tattoo's and piercings?

What was your first tattoo?

Have you had any tattoo's covered up/removed?

If you ever have kiddies, at what age would you allow them to get tattoo'd pierced?

What is your prized possession?

Can I have it?

Favourite flavor of ice cream?

Do you have any regrets?

Biggest turn off in a person?

Orim wrote: »
    How do you like your steak?
    Medium. Nice bit of juiciness to it! :D

Have you left someone with a half an ear yet?
    Not yet! Course doesn't start until the end of July, so not even sure if I've gotten it yet.

What made you want to get into barbering?
    It was never something I ever even thought of before. I just spotted it on the FAS website and it seemed interesting. Thinking about it since then, it does seem like fun! Plus, it's an excuse to get a barber pole tattoo :p

Do you like any sports?
    Not into any real sports no. It's never been my thing. I have been into pro-wrestling for as long as I can remember though.

When did you first get into tattoo's and piercings?
    Again, as far back as I can remember. I started getting piercings at like 15, and I got my first tattoo as soon as I was able to at 18 :)

What was your first tattoo?
    My first was my Mom's initials over some script on my forearm when I was 18.

Have you had any tattoo's covered up/removed?
    The rose that I started last week is covering up some faded Indian ink. That's my first cover up. I have another small one that I'll probably get covered up eventually. Not too pushed. I'd like to see what the laser removal feels like though. I'm curious about that!

If you ever have kiddies, at what age would you allow them to get tattoo'd pierced?
    Piercings - whatever age is set by the studio. I'd obviously do research though. Wouldn't let them go to anybody with a needle! Tattoos - 18. Once they're 18, they can get covered! I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite! :D

What is your prized possession?
    Probably my cameras or laptop. I'd say my dog, but she's not a possession! She's my friend :)

Can I have it?
    You can...borrow my camera! Laptop - No!

Favourite flavor of ice cream?
    This
    tumblr_lgxsf8Vd0W1qc4v1wo1_250.jpg
    It's called Super Kid, and is only available in Canada. Sweet Jesus, it's the nicest thing I've ever tasted.

Do you have any regrets?
    I try not to. It's not a party unless you do something that scares you!

Biggest turn off in a person?
    Judgmental people. No time for them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

tumblr_mg701fcdoX1qb2gfxo1_500.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement