Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Saturn cables

• 05-04-2013 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place or not but I just ordered a JP Saturn and it doesn't come with any cables.

I have a PAL Saturn with the scart and power cables, I'm guessing the scart will work fine but what power cable would I need and where could I find one?

Thanks.

Comments

Your going to need a step down transformer of some sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Rusty22_ wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place or not but I just ordered a JP Saturn and it doesn't come with any cables.

I have a PAL Saturn with the scart and power cables, I'm guessing the scart will work fine but what power cable would I need and where could I find one?

Thanks.

Video - depends on the SCART cable you already have. Worth a try
    Power - you will need a step-down transformer for the JP Saturn as it would expect 100~120V. It should only pull 25W max so something like this would do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If you really just wanted to check it out without buying anything else you might be able to swap the PAL PSU board into the JAP Saturn - would require research to ensure it would physically fit etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I've done the PSU swap on a Dreamcast before, the Saturn is virtually identical. Just make sure they are the same version, if not, then you'd need to check the voltages are the same

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75726293

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

SCART cable will work fine.

As already said power is the issue, you will need a transformer and a power cable I think. I've a US model 1 and if I remember correctly the power cable is a modified 'figure of 8' type - one side is flattened so the regular power lead would need to be trimmed slightly to fit.
    Or do a PSU swap, all model 1's are interchangeable I think but there were a couple of variations in the model 2 ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement