Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray - tips?

• 05-04-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Heading out to Bray this afternoon for a meeting. I'm driving but the family are getting the dart and meeting me after to make an afternoon of it (mother in law, other half and kids).

Where's good to eat? Where's interesting to walk to / go? I don't think they'd have much interest in Sealife.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Heading out to Bray this afternoon for a meeting. I'm driving but the family are getting the dart and meeting me after to make an afternoon of it (mother in law, other half and kids).

Where's good to eat? Where's interesting to walk to / go? I don't think they'd have much interest in Sealife.

Martello is good to eat - if you want a longish walk - the cliff walk - somewhere a little bit further out - maybe Powersourt

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Definitely walk the cliff path, or climb up Bray Head if the family are up to that. Eating wise on the sea front, the Martello is good as mango salsa said, or if you're just wanting a snack and a coffee the Campo de Fiori "risto market" is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thanks but they won't want to be doing much walking or climbing anywhere today. A leisurely stroll perhaps?

And is there likely to be parking spaces available at the dart station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

The seafront is probably the place to have a stroll, from the north end by the harbour bar to the bottom of Bray Head (approx 30 mins).

I'd second the Martello also for food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, the cliff walk is only a stroll really. Just walk along the seafront towards Bray Head, and carry on. Even if you only walk up as far as the start of the cliff path proper at the bridge over the railway line it's worth it just for the views to the north.

Plenty of parking around, but watch out as the parking directly in front of the station is paid only although the signs aren't that obvious. Plenty of (paid) parking down on the sea front as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Yes, Martello is very nice. Also Jim Doyle's, good quality and large portions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

There's a League of Ireland game on tonight.Bray Wanderer's v St Patrick's Athletic Kick Off 7:45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

you cant beat campo de fiori risto market for good cappucino for €1.90 compared to the martellos €2.85 and a tasty pizzini toasted sandwich for a fiver.

Advertisement