Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Morf wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out if a cabinet near me has been upgraded. It has no second VDSL cabinet (that I can see).

It's on Church St, Graiguecullen, Carlow

Here it is on google street maps:

35315dt.jpg

There was recently work done on it and it's now a green cabinet with the code CRW 1 001 on it.

Edit: The cabinet as it looks now:

wsapg.jpg

Note altered manholes.

Seems to be a small excavation in a green area about 5-10 metres away from this cabinet. Could be for a VDSL cabinet plinth. Will post again when I'm certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Greystones - GRS - La Touche Road - new cabinet added.

Quite close to exchange(<200m).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

clohamon wrote: »
    The rendering of markers on google maps seems to be a bit random. The fusion table has been updated so check to see if your markers are there. If not let us know.

Cheers - all there now!

I've seen KN Networks up the main road going to the back of Kindlestown forest from Delgany. They still have plenty to do. One guy told me that they have around 17 cabinets to put in around the town and that excludes some private ones, that I assume are for any factories or large facilities such as supermarkets, schools, sports clubs etc.

Hopefully this **** on n' off weather doesn't hinder their progress.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are a couple of the old cabinets near me in Ashtown D15, including one about 5m from my building (yay) but with planning notices on the side put there in Feb for the new cabinets. No sign of any work commencing though on the new VDSL cabinets unfortunately. Is there any way of knowing when this work will actually happen? I have read the first few pages of this thread and see that other ones in the vicinity (Castleknock, Finglas) have been done, and I can't find info anywhere on any schedules so thought I'd ask here.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    There are a couple of the old cabinets near me in Ashtown D15, including one about 5m from my building (yay) but with planning notices on the side put there in Feb for the new cabinets. No sign of any work commencing though on the new VDSL cabinets unfortunately. Is there any way of knowing when this work will actually happen? I have read the first few pages of this thread and see that other ones in the vicinity (Castleknock, Finglas) have been done, and I can't find info anywhere on any schedules so thought I'd ask here.

Keep an eye on the planning permission on your local area. Check the local website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

What about in Monasterboice? ANy news on that neck of the woods?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

just seen my first one in glanmire, over the bridge accross from the AIB bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Spotted one in Midleton today and was all excited about coming on here and updating the map, alas its already logged :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Added two DYX cabinets in Cork, College Road (DYX1 041A) and Magazine Road (DYX1 040A). Met some eircom lads out looking in service panels and they say they're in the middle of cabling and are ready to step up the DYX installs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Also added a cabinet by Ashton on the Blackrock Road, Quaker Road (QKR) exchange according to the boundary map.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Saw one in Oldtown, Letterkenny this morning.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/mop9tSg.jpg?1

Also one near the Hideout bar in Letterkenny

I've added both to the map

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

I've added both to the map

Thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Leaving waterford city today and I seen em doing the last cab just before ya left the city looks like waterford city is pretty much done, alot of the cabs are not mapped tho.

Beechbrook Park, Greystones.

The KN Network, Eircom and possibly Huawei people were all over this cab just before I arrived to take this snap and chat to some of the lads. :D

The lads were telling me that they will be in the Irish Times or other papers by tommorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

red_bairn wrote: »
    Beechbrook Park, Greystones.

The KN Network, Eircom and possibly Huawei people were all over this cab just before I arrived to take this snap and chat to some of the lads. :D

The lads were telling me that they will be in the Irish Times or other papers by tommorrow?

Good for Beechbrook but none down near the harbour area :mad:

legrand wrote: »
    Good for Beechbrook but none down near the harbour area :mad:

Where are you located exactly? There are a few distribution cabinets around (the cross hatch green cabinets for broadband). One is located across from the Garda station and then there is one infront of the Health services clinic. There could be another 1 or 2 around the harbour area I don't know of.

The engineers were saying anymore there is an old copper cabinet, a fibre cabinet will be installed near to it.

If you see any more, send me details by PM or add it to the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

KN Networks and Eircom have been digging the bejaysus out of the front of our housing estate yesterday and today. There were previous sightings of the orange duct being laid, then later of the fibre itself being placed, over the last 8 weeks. So now I assume they've the cabinet installed (underground by the looks of it - bloody big hole).

Since Glanmire exchange is due end of 2013 (not the first phase) I would say it will literally be the end of the year before we get our "turn" at going live. I imagine they'll be running at max capacity with the engineer installs.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

Found my Holy Grail! A cabinet in Castle Rock Midleton only 350m or so from my house. Happy days! Added it to the map.

Added today:

Greystones - GRS - Kindlestown Heights (photo)*
    Greystones - GRS - Bellevue Court (photo)*
    Greystones - GRS - Beechbrook Park (photo + location) = 2000th cabinet
    Greystones - GRS - Applewood Heights (photo + location)
    Greystones - GRS - Redford Park (photo + location)**
    Greystones - GRS - La Touche Road (photo)
    Greystones - GRS - Woodlands (photo + location)

*Plinth installed/On going work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

red_bairn wrote: »
    Added today:

Greystones - GRS - Kindlestown Heights (photo)*
    Greystones - GRS - Bellevue Court (photo)*
    Greystones - GRS - Beechbrook Park (photo + location) = 2000th cabinet
    Greystones - GRS - Applewood Heights (photo + location)
    Greystones - GRS - Redford Park (photo + location)**
    Greystones - GRS - La Touche Road (photo)
    Greystones - GRS - Woodlands (photo + location)

*Plinth installed/On going work.

nice one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Morf wrote: »
    35315dt.jpg

wsapg.jpg

There is a plinth very near here waiting for a VDSL cabinet. I'll stick up a photo tomorrow and I'll mark it on the map.

It's at the junction of Church St and '98 St in Graiguecullen, Carlow. The other cabinet is labelled CRW 1 001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 first timer

Seen Two of these Cabs been installed in Gorey Wexford. One opposite entrance to Tesco and Outside Aldi. Still none around Courtown.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Since Glanmire exchange is due end of 2013 (not the first phase) I would say it will literally be the end of the year before we get our "turn" at going live. I imagine they'll be running at max capacity with the engineer installs.

Hi - how do you know that Glanmire will be the end of 2013?
    syboit wrote: »
    just seen my first one in glanmire, over the bridge accross from the AIB bank.

Spotted workers here this morning. Also spotted some men-at-work fencing here (not sure if the second one is even a telephone cabinet).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

mindstorms wrote: »
    Hi - how do you know that Glanmire will be the end of 2013?

Spotted workers here this morning. Also spotted some men-at-work fencing here (not sure if the second one is even a telephone cabinet).

there is a list somewhere in the main eircon fibre thread showing the different phases of the scheme, and Glanmire was down for December 2013. Even though they're working way ahead of schedule in terms of installing the equipment. The engineer calls, however, will likely have to be carried out in stages, so I would imagine that Glanmire will not be until later in the year since work is still ongoing for this area.

There are a couple of other cabs already installed around Glanmire in the last few weeks, for example half ways up barnavara hill and another one here: http://m.nokia.me/?c=51.93264,-8.39857&hu&z=16
    so I wouldn't be surprised if they're starting on that cab near the crest field shopping centre. I must have a drive around soon to see what others have gone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

thanks for the info. I think I spotted another one on the L2999. Will double check over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

Wow - thank's brianwalshcork for that link - https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=200976005490800150654.0004d6a674e6be3826dcb&num=200&start=200&ll=51.882319,-8.496895&spn=0.059975,0.142994&t=h&z=13&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004dcd2b55589aa54dc1

It really show's the extent of the roll out in the an area , when you look at that map.
    78 ADDITIONAL exch area's to be completed by June 2015 have been announced in the last 15 minute's at the launch of E Fibre in Eircom's Hq @ HSQ1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I added another one for the Wellington Road exchange in Cork. Lower Grattan Hill. It's a steep narrow hill that links Lower Glanmire Road to St Luke's Cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Added two that I spotted today and one that I thought I had originally included!

Advertisement