Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Fibre Rollout Mapping

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭trompele

Another one installed in Gorey Co Wexford.
    http://goo.gl/maps/ufv4t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Seen Two of these Cabs been installed in Gorey Wexford. One opposite entrance to Tesco and Outside Aldi. Still none around Courtown.

Did you map them? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

trompele wrote: »
    Another one installed in Gorey Co Wexford.
    http://goo.gl/maps/ufv4t

How is Gorey these days? :D Haven't been there in a while. It's great that Gorey and other towns like this are getting the service too. It'll help those who commute to Dublin, to do work from home and also for those business parks,i.e. Gorey Business Park, to gain by providing extra services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

VINNIEB wrote: »
    Hi,

Tullamore has three cabs marked.
    So, I was passing the one marked spollenstown and there is no new cab there just a cable cab. I will check out the cillban one soon.

Vinnie

Passed by both of those - Clonminch road and Balin Ri. Both are cable panels not VDSL panels. (Deleted them)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭prioryc

I spotted this up in Gorey this morning Carnew rd, at entrance to Goreyhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another one being installed on Ross Road near the entrance to the Showgrounds in Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

Dublin road Skerries - 2 days ago. Already on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

mindstorms wrote: »
    Hi - how do you know that Glanmire will be the end of 2013?

Spotted workers here this morning. Also spotted some men-at-work fencing here (not sure if the second one is even a telephone cabinet).

Not sure about the first link, but the second link is the standard cab. If they are working near that one they are probably getting ready to put a new vdsl one down.

I'm just hoping they continue over the hill towards glounthaune.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

I think I spotted one in the Bulfin Estate on Southern Cross Avenue in Inchicore this morning. Will need to take a photo next time when I have the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Mapped a new cab on Wandesford Quay (Quaker Road) in Cork.

wandesford_quay.jpg

Edit: Also this cabinet in Coolroe Heights, Ballincollig was missed! Tsk!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

2 cabs I spotted in Waterford yesterday...
    Paddy Brownes Rd oppsite WIT
    Untitled.png
    Skibbereen Rd in Lismore Park
    SkibbereenRoad.png

I was driving at the time so had to use google :o
    Can't edit the crowd source map?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Just added 2 in the Tralee area near Spa road. Both are within about 500m of my house so hopefully I'm connected to one of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

syboit wrote: »
    Not sure about the first link, but the second link is the standard cab. If they are working near that one they are probably getting ready to put a new vdsl one down.

I'm just hoping they continue over the hill towards glounthaune.

First link looks good - the photo from Google Streetview does not help. Maybe this one taken earlier does :-) Not sure why there are TWO new plinths.

Will check around Brooklodge this weekend.

Spotted a 3rd party company installing a vsdl cabinet today 100% pos Hollyfort, rd Gorey Just after entrance to Sean lois. 1 Hollyfort Road, Gorey corporation lands, Wexford, Ireland (on the left) on maps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

spotted a vdsl cab at the junction of Bakers Corner, Abbey Road, Kill Lane and Rochestown Avenue in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.

I've added it to the map along with one at church road further up Rochestown Avenue.

DSC_0741_zpsdef3ad70.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Found another in Waterford
    Cork Rd opposite IDA estate at junction of paddy Brown's Rd
    CorkRdoppositeIDA.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Just seen them working on a new base for one at the side of the fox n'hounds bar , ballyvolane Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

I think I added one earlier - Meelick, Co. Clare

phog wrote: »
    I think I added one earlier - Meelick, Co. Clare

Meelick looks a bit far out but it could be a cab...did you take a pic of it by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

bealtine wrote: »
    Meelick looks a bit far out but it could be a cab...did you take a pic of it by any chance?

It's definitely a fibre cab. ESB pillar box installed too and the copper cab was upgraded recently.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    It's definitely a fibre cab. ESB pillar box installed too and the copper cab was upgraded recently.

cool and thanks for that. A lot of green boxes get confused with VDSL cabs so I was just checking:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MichaelOS1

Just marked a VDSL cabinet at the junction of Ard Easmuinn / Ecco Road in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

clohamon wrote: »
    Passed by both of those - Clonminch road and Balin Ri. Both are cable panels not VDSL panels. (Deleted them)

There is still some activity around Tullamore by KN Networks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

New VDSL cab located here: http://goo.gl/maps/5MR5H

The old grey cab seen on Google has been replaced with a big green one, no pics but its deffo there. Dunno if this location has been marked on the map before?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

legrand wrote: »
    Good for Beechbrook but none down near the harbour area :mad:

I assume there will be a VDSL DSLAM inside the exchange as well, which is not far from the harbour.

(actually just checked google maps - its about 600m from the exchange to the Harbour itself, so a cab probably is needed around there).

loyatemu wrote: »
    I assume there will be a VDSL DSLAM inside the exchange as well, which is not far from the harbour.

(actually just checked google maps - its about 600m from the exchange to the Harbour itself, so a cab probably is needed around there).

There is an ADSL cabinet adjacent to the Garda Station. I mapped one across from Holy Rosary and the next one on the other end would be the Health Clinic (ADSL).

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Few new cabinets added to map in Gorey area.

confirming K&N @ Goreyhill Gorey, Wexford this morning ..Guy said they are flying it

prioryc wrote: »
    confirming K&N @ Goreyhill Gorey, Wexford this morning ..Guy said they are flying it

Have you mapped these cabs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

I mapped ;)
    @prioryc did they tell You when cabinet will be live? Do they have any time frame?

Advertisement